+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Players constantly needing a new challenge

Amateur

Default Players constantly needing a new challenge

Why does most of my squad tell me they need a new challenge and achieved everything they could in the club already? I don't understand at all. They are paid well, I win some important trophies constantly every season.

Reserves

That is why. Some players, after continuously winning the same trophies, doing well become bored. So want a new challenge. I don't whether it affects every player or whether it's just certain personalitied players.

Amateur

there are some seasons where i only win the league cup. i don't get it. why can't there be loyalty in the game? I can't seem to make them happy. Havent been able to resolve a player who needs a new challenge. the chat for it seems useless

Reserves

It has nothing to do with loyalty. If a player is winning enough trophies, you'd get bored and want to try and win some somewhere else.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham Forest View Post
    It has nothing to do with loyalty. If a player is winning enough trophies, you'd get bored and want to try and win some somewhere else.
    Yes, that is one of the primary characteristics of professional athletes. They get bored with being well paid and winning. That's how all the great sports dynasties end. The players always want to move somewhere else where they can be paid less and win less often.

Only had it with Rooney thus far. He sodded off to Arsenal, did extremely well with 30+ goals and helped them to 2nd in the league. Sadly for him, I knocked them out in the FA cup 3-0 and he's always had a stinker on his return to play against us.

I can understand the 'new challenge' thing but, I half expect players to stay because they want to win more trophies rather than risk being second all the time. Especially when the gulf between 1st and 2nd has for four or so seasons been about 10-20 points.

Amateur

I can understand them moving overseas after winning the same league and other cups years after years but as a few guys have said, who would leave to go to a side in the same league who finishes 20pts lower.

Andy Carroll springs 2 mind tho

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

i've never had this with fm12. i did for fm11 a few times. mainly agger and reina.

Amateur

I had it with two world class midfielders who cam through my youth team, they were 23, 25 at the time and wanted a new challenge. I always persuaded them to stay every 4 months when they wanted to leave.

Semi Pro

Doesn't happen anywhere near enough, it's far too easy to hold on to players.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Redbyrd View Post
    Yes, that is one of the primary characteristics of professional athletes. They get bored with being well paid and winning. That's how all the great sports dynasties end. The players always want to move somewhere else where they can be paid less and win less often.
    I sense a bit of sarcasm

+ Reply to Thread