Can't play through a COLD?!

Picture this: You're earning £32,500 per WEEK, and stand to earn an extra £5,000 every time you so much as step onto the pitch. Your club has a massive match coming up, away to your local rivals. But - you've caught a cold :( poor little thing, you best wrap up warm, stay in bed and watch the match on Sky Sports 1 using your 73 inch 3D TV. How about this: you get off your backside, ignore your stupid "cold", get out there and PLAY A MATCH OF FOOTBALL :mad:

It's called "Man Flu"

And colds can be infectious. If you've got an infectious sickness, it's best not to contaminate everyone you're working with, else the whole team comes down with the man flu. Or you could just send him out to snot all over the opposition? That should be in the tactics.

I saying that, in 80 years managing, I've never gotten sick?

He might be able to go out there and play, but I doubt he would play anywhere near his potential. Why use a player that won't give 110%?

I'm sure the 'cold' in FM isn't the one day 'cold' IRL. The one where people feel a bit off and complain they have a cold, but at the end of the day they really don't.

SI want things to be realistic and sadly this is very realistic in most cases, unless they are commited to the club like Steven Gerrard for Liverpool, John Terry for Chelsea, Gary Neville was for Man Utd etc...

Maybe if the player has Favoured club, high loyalty and professionalism then instead of a red INJ for a cold, they have an orange INJ.

He might be able to go out there and play, but I doubt he would play anywhere near his potential. Why use a player that won't give 110%?

I'm sure the 'cold' in FM isn't the one day 'cold' IRL. The one where people feel a bit off and complain they have a cold, but at the end of the day they really don't.

I agree with this (except the 110%, it should be 100%).

Performing to your usual standard with a cold in an elite sport is a lot different to dragging yourself into the office and watching the clock whilst hugging your mug of lemsip all day.

I had a cold and tried to play football once. Was fine for 5 minutes, then I couldn't breath and wanted to collapse from exhaustion. Had to go home after 10-15 minutes.

Gutted. I've reffed with a cold before, it's not nice but it's doable.

Now Flu on the other hand, not happening. Even a minor case of the flu is not worth getting the kit on for, it saps your muscles and you're on the floor within minutes.

A cold should be an orange-level injury, allowing you to field the player if you so wish.

If he has a red-level injury cold then it's a bug and should be brought up in the Bugs forum.

This. I'm sure the 'cold' in FM is serious and not frivolous.

The 'cold' meant the player would be out for 1 day with a physio or 1-2 days if sent home. I think the problem was that he caught the cold after the final 'continue' before the match, so he had a red 'inj' because he was still awaiting treatement even though I had selected physio - I guess it would be red if he was sent home as he wouldn't physically be there, and it doesn't update until continue is hit. Seems like an oversight more than anything else, but still very frustrating (especially considering it was Sandro and I already had Modric out injured with Huddlestone suspended and Kranjcar just back and very unfit in central midfield! )

That Morrison's for you. They're a bunch of cheapskate ********.

Try working as a temp. For the past 8 years I've had to take holidays to get paid if I'm ill.

I think I've been off work twice due to illness in that time.

The amount of money someone earns does not make them any more resistant to illnesses like a cold (and yes, depression), or make it any better an idea to attempt to do something as physically demanding as a game of football.

Maybe if SI altered the wording to 'Serious Cold' then maybe some gamers woudn't be so miffed.

No need to change it, a cold is a cold. Some people seem to get it confused with 'the sniffles'.

I only get Statutary Sick Pay and thats only after 3 days, can't afford to go sick if I am it comes out of my holiday allowance.

All depends on who you work for!

Unlucky, I can go sick for 6 months on full pay, then another 6 months half pay.

A cold lowers your ability to breathe and gain oxygen.

Oxygen is rather important for your ability to run... When your ability to run is limited, your performance in football is limited. When you're limited, you don't get to play. Simple, eh?

I wonder if the player who's off with a cold gets paid full wages? Where I work, we only get half wages for the first three days off when ill. I suppose it's done like that in an attempt to stop people pulling sickies.
Half wages? We dont get paid for the first 4 days at all!!!

If it is such a 'serious' cold though, then how come the injury only lasts for one day? I find it hard to believe he can't train or do anything one day and is perfectly fine the next.

Archived