Team meetings

No matter what I say or do, or how badly we've played, I get the same extremely negative reaction when calling a team meeting. It never does any good, it just gets negative reactions.

Right now it seems like a pointless feature which I will be staying well away from, but I'm all ears if anybody can give me any pointers.

They are hard to do as it is often difficult to know how players will react, if not, impossible. Try building a team of a certain personality/trait (eg. Determined or Professional) then you figure out what works for them. It never will be 100% but I haven't had any negative reactions in my current save. Having said that, I have only had 3 team meetings in 5 seasons. They normally take place in the last couple of weeks to the title run in to make sure we don't drop our heads. It's more motivation to avoid complacency than anything else.

To try and get your players to turn around a losing streak, then you have to go against what you really feel. Most of the time you will be annoyed and just want to yell at them, which will in turn be even more negative. Players know when they are underachieving so yelling at them won't do much good, try and encourage them.

I would love more improvements in player interaction in the future as at the moment, it's kind of hit or miss.

I try not to use this function.

If I remember rightly the Assistant Manager doesn't even help out does he?

I assume he's off having coffee.

If SI want to make this feature easier to understand, then maybe having your assistant manager assist you would be a helpful addition.

I would like option available at all times, not when a programmer has determined it should happen. Many a time I have wanted it to boost morale before a vital game. Would also like addditonal options such as "we are about to change tactics so things may be tough for a few games" or "we are three wins away from promotion/playoffs/european spot lets just keep our composure".

Archived