Mac has stopped reading disc - cannot play ANY FM!? PLS Help

All of a sudden my computer has stopped reading the disc... ANY FM disc (as I have a few) therefore I cannot even attempt to load a game.

I have taken the discs into 'CEX' to get them professionally buffered and it has still not worked. I have never experienced this, and desperately need some kind of assistance or knowledge on the matter please. I am in a game where I have won the PL and CL 11 times in a row and MUST be able to play again! :o

For the last 3 days, I have spent a good 3 hours pushing the disc in, and when it ejects, pushing it back in again. I just do not know what the problem is!? :confused:

PLEASE HELP ME! :eek:

If you're playing FM12 you don't need the disc as the game is using Steam.

Regarding your disc drive not working have you tried other games than FM? If it's all discs that can't be loaded you should probably buy a new disc drive (or if it's still under guarantee let the shop replace it for you).

Please don't discuss copyright override tools. Although I appreciate the OP's problem, we obviously cannot support such discussions.

Huh... I had no idea that in any way could be illegal. As long as you got the original disc how can it be illegal to make a copy of the disc on your own hard drive? It's a good way to make sure your favourite games/music discs suddenly doesn't stop working because of scratches/nasty fingers...

Huh... I had no idea that in any way could be illegal. As long as you got the original disc how can it be illegal to make a copy of the disc on your own hard drive? It's a good way to make sure your favourite games/music discs suddenly doesn't stop working because of scratches/nasty fingers...

Making a copy is usually an infringement of the copyright. I'm not condemning your logic, just explaining the reason we can't support such discussions. To debate on what a better, fairer and more equitable copyright law might be would take us many hours and space.

Three options:

1: Try to turn the Macbook upside down when you insert the CD. Long shot, but it can work.

2: Try to clean the CD laser. Wrap a cloth around a credit card and wiggle it around inside the CD slot. The laser is usually 3-4 cms from the left.

3: Do the following:

Turn off MacBook

Unplug all cables (including the power cable)

Remove the battery

Press and hold the power button for a full 5 seconds

Replace battery

Turn MacBook on again

Try to play game

If none of the above works, you'll need to buy or borrow an external USB DVD drive to see if you can play the game that way. If you can, then you'll know your CD laser is dying.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures! Im starting to think it is just the fact that my Mac is as old as it is... Need some money though to buy a new one!

Do you reckon the Mac shop peeps could help if all goes wrong? (Random question I know)

You'll be out of warranty, so it will be too costly to be worth it. An external USB DVD drive costs very little if you are short of cash.

Archived