+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who still watchs their games as Dots not 3D game engine??

Part-Timer

Default Who still watchs their games as Dots not 3D game engine??

I'm curious. Always hear people talking about the 3D game engine and posting their vids with the 3D match engine.. Personally I can't stand watching my games like that. It just doesnt look good enough to watch it like that I dont think. I just stick with the traditional DOTS. Whos with me?? Now if this was FIFA 3D match engine that might be a different story lol. I like my DOTS

Subs Bench

I would point out that there isn't actually a 3D engine..........the engine is the same for both the 2D and 3D, just presented differently.

For what it's worth I still use 2D, much prefer it.

Amateur

2D with 3D replays is my jam. Unparalleled overview.

Amateur

I prefer dots too, when they first came in i couldn't bare them and only watched commentary only but now i cant play without them. Could never watch 3d because that just takes too much away from the imagination for my liking. Afterall the game is about letting your imagination take control and take you to another world where you reign supreme....or not in some cases

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PLeaseDontSackME View Post
    I prefer dots too, when they first came in i couldn't bare them and only watched commentary only but now i cant play without them. Could never watch 3d because that just takes too much away from the imagination for my liking. Afterall the game is about letting your imagination take control and take you to another world where you reign supreme....or not in some cases
    Interesting point. When it was text only then the imagination really took over. And still does in the none-match areas of the game. Who hasn't imagined how the dressing room goes quiet when you walk in to give the team a pre-match motivational?

Part-Timer

With dots it's easier to get a better tactical view IMO, easier do see how your formation is actually working so i still use it sometimes.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Coentrao View Post
    With dots it's easier to get a better tactical view IMO, easier do see how your formation is actually working so i still use it sometimes.
    i agree completely you see your players positions much easier and get a much better veiw of whats happening off the ball which is a hugh part of the game

Amateur

I'm still using the dots as well, I might change over time though because I used to hate them and just have commentry on.

Star Player

Dots for me, 3d totally unnecessary

Amateur
    clinging to a rubber duck in the middle of a raging sea....

Quote Originally Posted by askep View Post
    2D with 3D replays is my jam. Unparalleled overview.
    Mind if I copy you on this, it does sound the best method?

Amateur

Commentary only for me. Maybe that's why I've become so good at speed reading...

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Commentary only for me. Maybe that's why I've become so good at speed reading...
    You might be onto something there

Part-Timer

yes i do everymatch i love it!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Widzew View Post
    You might be onto something there
    My girlfriend doesn't believe me when I say I know exactly what's going on but I do lol

Amateur

Dots and it always will be!

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BoroPhil View Post
    Dots for me, 3d totally unnecessary
    This .

Was disappointed that they ever threw resource at developing it.

2D with speed up 3 notches from the fastest. No replays except for bigger games, with the replays on Main Stand and a notch or two up from normal speed.

Part-Timer

I stuck with 2d until FM12 came out, then switched to 3d but recently switched back to 2d and realised it is still the best option by far!

avine

I went back in 2D, can't blame anyone, i feel 3D is better graphics in the same match engine.

Amateur

No graphics! I go by the charts and running commentary at the bottom at max speed. Woohoo! Super fast games.

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by avine View Post
    I went back in 2D, can't blame anyone, i feel 3D is better graphics in the same match engine.
    That's because it is the same match engine.

How do people still not understand this?

Amateur

I never felt tempted to go back to 2D personally. I just don't see why.

Amateur

I remember the 3D is FM09 being a huge disappointment. I didn't even try it out on FM10 until I somehow accidentally switched it on about 6 months after buying the game. Been a convert ever since, and I think they've improved it quite a lot this year compared with 10 and 11. Displaying numbers above players heads may be a good idea in future though (unless there is already an option for this I'm unaware of?) - as people say, seeing off the ball behaviour is a great advantage of 2D. With 3D being watchable though, it feels so much more realistic than 2D, as managers do actually watch matches from the stands. But real life managers can recognise their own players running around, which the graphics don't quite allow for!

Subs Bench

Quote Originally Posted by Krald View Post
    Like has been said before, I never understood why SI diverted resources towards developing 3D.

I still use dots too. Have flirted now and again with 3D, but always end up going back to dots.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Like has been said before, I never understood why SI diverted resources towards developing 3D.
    It's worth it for the times you're 4-0 down and your psycho defender rakes his legs down Fernando Torres - you see it all happen in glorious 3D, and enjoy it enough that you can't bear to fine him for his 3 match ban.

Amateur

I've given the 3D a try, but I love the dots too much. Particularly as the 2D gives me a view of the entire pitch so I can see how my players move, whether they keep lines, etc.

Amateur
    Dafuge '14 - Whitby Town (Leonix on Steam)

I used '3D' until my game database got pretty large and slowed it down, so I reverted to 2D. I actually prefer it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Krald View Post
    Simply because in 2D you get the best idea of what is happening in terms of tactic, movements with and without ball.
    Of course you'll lose animations and what is exactly doing a player (head shot? dribble with which foot?) but only with 2D you get the overall EXACT idea of how your team is moving.

edit: not blaming you or anyone using 3D ;p

Amateur

Thought the 3D looked good when I seen it, but I think they only brought it in because fans were wanting it, but went back to dots pretty soon after...I just liked seeing the different stadiums and stuff.

Now, due to my PC packing in about six months ago and more important things to spend my money on (bills & alcohol) I currently have an absolute shed of a PC I use which doesnt even give me the option to use 3D...so its dots all the way for me, and plus its by far the easiest way to study how your tactics/formations/players are doing during the game.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    I respect those that prefer 2D, but I just find it more interesting to see it in "3D". Sure it might be harder to focus on everything at once that way, but I don't really need to. I used to tinker with tactics, but since they added the whole match prep thing in Fm2011 (and carried it on in 2012) I pretty much always use the same tactic as it just doesn't seem to me like tinkering makes that much of a difference to me. Sure there are some tactics that seem "bogey tactics" to yours and you might have to adjust as a result, but that happens maybe, once, twice a season?

So I'd rather see things a bit prettied up a bit, sure, it's not beautiful but, it gives me a better image of the path of the ball in my eyes.

Semi Pro

Long live the dots.

Look at what the prem clubs use, prozone. How is it presented? With the 2d overhead view. The best way to see whats going on.

Amateur

I prefer dots. Easier to look at tactically and I find them strangely amusing.

Amateur

I watch 2D with 3D turned on. Tactically easier, agreed. And amusing too. Don't like 3D animations.

+ Reply to Thread