First journey career

Alan781

This is my first career thread and after reading some brilliant careers on here (especially SRL88's) i really wanted to do my own. Never done this on forum before so i hope and will try to make it entertaining. I always play FM with one team and try take them as far as possible so now i am going to try this "journey" type of career and see how it well i can do. so here goes:

My Career

so medium database with the following countries:

Argentina

Australia

China

Denmark

England

Germany

Holland

Ireland

Italy

N.Ireland

Norway

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

Spain

Sweden

Turkey

U.S.A

So thats a database of 70,000 players

Goals and Targets

Manage the club I support - Man Utd

Manage my second team - Aberdeen

Win promotion with ANY team

Win a European Trophy

Win a domestic cup competition

Win a league title in any of the big nation European leagues

Win Consecutive league Titles

Manage a National side

Win the World Cup

So me:

Alan Murray

Semi Professional player

Fav Team: Man utd

Second nationality - Northern Irish

Start Unemployed

Jobs that are available

AlanMurrayJobs_JobCentre.png

I have applied for them all lets see whats offered

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season preview 2011/2012 - Fc Hansa Rostock

German Second Division

Transfer Update:

transfers.png

Board Expectations: Safe mid-table position in german second division

Reach 2nd round of German cup

My Expectations: With the squad at present i think mid-table position is possible, if i can make a couple additions to the squad then play-off position can be possible

Budget(s): Transfer: £86.95k

Wage: £76.2k team is currently spending £78.1k

Balance: £1.7 million

Squad: When looking at squad there is a few players who are being over paid for the quality they are, so first step is to get rid of the dead wood to free up some cash to bring some fresh new players in.

Best player in squad is

DominicPeitzOverview_Profile.png

He is on loan from Augsburg so need to use him this season as much as i can.

Other key players in squad:

KevinPannewitzOverview_Profile.png

TimoPerthelOverview_Profile.png

Signings so far this season:

All free transfers

VladimirButOverview_Profile.png

MortenNielsenOverview_Profile.png

HamedKavianpourOverview_Profile.png

FabianLamotteOverview_Profile.png

So added some experience in some key departments, these signings is all i could get at present with not much finances available. I have managed to offload a couple of players to free some wages up which in turn has let me take some people in.

Pre-season

started off not great with 2 defeats but with alot off new staff and also a few new signings, it has taken some of the team time to get used to the style of play. With fitness and the style of play gradually gel together we seen the rest of pre-season turn round and seen better performances from the team. The 1st game of the season fast approaching the team will need to keep this form going into the season and see how high is high interms of league position.

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures.png

August 2011/2012 review

So not been the best of starts in the first 6 games of the season. There has been a lot of upheaval and changes made to this team over this month which has maybe been the reason to a terrible start. The good thing now is that we can only get better with the signings that have come in and hope they can turn round the under performance we have had so far. Couple of draws in there which i feel could have easily been wins and the team played really well and came out of the game with plenty of chance on target. The last game of the month had us at home against dusseldorf to which we lost 3-0 and that was the most dissapointing result as we had outplayed them in the first half but again just didnt take chances and then went down to ten men which then led them to get the first goal of the three and we completely folded really dissapointed.

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages.png

German Cup

This has been the shining light so far and I have managed to get to the second round of the cup after beating Frankfurt at extra time 3-1. The board expectation is to make the second round so that has been achieved and we now have a second round time with Hertha BSC which will be a lot tougher as away from home and a good first division side.

Signings

Josh Magennis - from Aberdeen

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q488/almurray781/JoshMagennisOverview_Profile.png

Kanu - from Anderlecht

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q488/almurray781/KanuOverview_Profile.png

Just quoted this to blow my own trumpet :brock:.

Tough start so far fells. Hopefully you can turn it around.

hahah soundo, your fm story is awesome!!

yeah just away to start sept, im hoping after international break we can start to gel together.

September 2011/2012 review

so seen a improvement in Sept and team starting to play alot better football just trying to get results to match. Team is a little inconsistant we have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 1 this month. The draw was against cottbus which could be seen as a good result away from home as they are predicted 4th in the division, i was absolutely gutted about as we were winning 1-0 and played really well all game and lost it in last 5 mins was gutting but was the start of the team turning performances round. so i am out of relegation position but improvement is still needed i need to get to at least mid-table at the end of oct but with some tuff fixtures could prove a little more difficult.

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-1.png

October 2011/2012 review

Well been a difficult month with 3 defeats and 1 win in the league. played 3 top half teams which i knew would be difficult games but just didnt turn up for them at all no competition was completely outplayed. then last game of the month was against a fellow relegation team Aachen which was a must win and the team delivered with a 3-1 win brilliant result.

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-4.png

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

German Cup

Got a superb win against Hertha BSC away from home 3-1, was total underdogs in this game and played superbly to get to the next round of the cup with a big home fixture against Dortmund so i hope that will bring some gate reciepts in and some welcomed cash.

Going into November which will now be a very important month with the next 5 fixtures being teams in around me so vitaly important that we turn what we did in the last fixture into a run of form.

November 2011/2012 review

so 3 games played and we had a good month with good result. was a let down that we didnt have 3 straight wins but i will take 2 wins and a draw. was a last minute penalty for braunschweig that stopped me from having 3 straight wins.

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-3.png

so next two games again are must wins as these teams are in and around me and then we have the big 3rd round german cup match against dortmund just before the winter break.

December 2011/2012

So Dec has proved to be a very productive month and we have seen some brilliant results. our performances have been superb and has seen us move up the table aswell. 2 leagues wins in december before the winter break has put in a great position for the second half of the season. With the winter break now we will have a couple of friendlys to keep match fitness and get us ready for a productive second half of the season. will review my winter break when completed.

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-2-1.png

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

German Cup

unfortunately knocked out the 3rd round by Dortmund but the score line does not reflect the game, right from word we go we performed and took a early lead against them. They then came back into the game and was 1-1 for most of the game and we lost 2 goals in last 5 minutes. Team performed brilliant against a 1st division team and also against a very strong Dortmund side. With our run in the cup we managed to bag 500k in revenue from that Dortmund game which was awesome great to keep the money in the bank.

January 2011/2012

winter break this month, the season started again end of january and we started with a win. played a few friendlys during january to put some money in the back and also to keep match fitness, was a mixed few friendlys while i tried few tactical changes and some players in different positions aswell. thought i would test ourselves against bigger opposition in River and Athletico mineiro which seen two defeats but learned alot from the tactics and players i played in these games also. First game of the restart seen us with a home win to Union berlin which has been awesome as team has carried on where it left off before winter break.

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-4.png

January Transer news

i managed to make a addition in this window and also made a pre-contract with another player to sign at end of the season.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q488/almurray781/AythamiOverview_Profile.png - Aythami 28k from las palmas

pre contract

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q488/almurray781/MaxEhmerOverview_Profile.png - Max Ehmer from QPR

I have made this signing even tho i havent decided if i will stay on for another season but thought just incase i did i couldnt turn this opportunity away.

Sitting nicely in the league there. Aythami is a good signing.

cheers, yeah managed a few good results. i glad to bring him in he is very versitile so covers few positions

February 2011/2012

so a mixed month of results but still managed to keep myself in a great league position. we seen a heavy loss to dusseldorf 5-2, we didnt play great here at all and were never in the game but they are top of the league so cant complain to much. So my goal is now to maintain my league position or at least try move further up league, i am 8 points off 3rd so anything is possible but the next 5 games see's me play team above me in the league so this is a critical month to see if i can move up the league.

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-2-2.png

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-2-2.png

March 2011/2012

Been a mixed month of results and we have stayed in safe mid table position, 2 draws, a win and a loss so a mixed bag of results against teams in top half so i knew it would be a difficult month. I then go into next month with fixtures against teams lower in the table that me and a good opportunity to make sure we stay where we are and not get dragged down the table.

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-5.png

April/May review

so going into last game of the season now after some mixed results this month but have managed to move a couple of places in the league and now sit in 6th going to last game of the season. i hope to try and finish in fifth and would see that as a great achievement for this club after such a bad start to the season.

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-2-3.png

FCHansaRostockFixtures_Fixtures-2-3.png

AlanMurrayNews_Inbox.png

Not sure what to do, i wouldnt be accepting a 3 year contract maybe another year but not sure. Havnt had any other offers at moment so have to really think about this one. I feel maybe one more season i could do and try get to playoffs, then leave for another club.

You have turned it into a very solid season in the end.

yeah has been a productive season, just a pity with the start we had. might have been a different season if we had performed all the way through

Can you not negotiate for 2 years. That way you give yourself a couple of seasons to see if you can get them into the Bundesliga.

yeah i can negotiate, but not sure wether i want to stay here for that long, maybe another season as the mid to end of this season has been really good so maybe couple of new faces if i can then i can maybe see this team get to playoffs. But i suppose i have had no offers just now so maybe should think about staying here for just now

Season 2011/2012 review

German Second Division

Its been a productive season with the team achieveing what the board asked which was the minimum of a safe mid-table positon and we finished 6th. Was a bad start to the season and the team really struggled at the start, but the team managed to gel together and started to put some great perfromances by picking up some great results to turn the season round.

GermanSecondDivisionOverview_Stages-6.png

German Cup

The boards expectation was to reach the 2nd round, we managed to get to the 3rd round to which we played Dortmund and played really well to battle away but unfortunately just not having enough and getting beat 3-1 with 2 goals in last 5 mins.

Finances

We are in a better position financially aswell after a good finish to the season and recieved 4 million or finishing 6th which was great. Still alot to do to turn the club round to keep in a good financial position.

RostockBoardroom_Finances.png

Key Players

JoshMagennisOverview_Profile-1.png

Has been a great siging for me, brought in from the team i support in Aberdeen he has scored 14 goals in 26 games this season which has been not a bad start to his career here at rostock and his goals were vital in my teams performances.

MohammedLarteyOverview_Profile.png

Brilliant player this season was key to alot of our good play and helping with the most assists in the team. Some great deliverys in set pieces and aloud Josh to put them away brilliant.

Next Season

So i think i will stay here for another season and see if i can get this club into the playoffs, i have negotiated a 2 year deal so that allows me to stay if i change my mind within the next year.

Pre contract signing

Max Ehmar from QPR - free

Cant wait to add this guy to my defence next season great young talent and hope he can influence my defence and push this team forward.

Archived