Finance trouble

So I just got promoted with salisbury from bsquare south after being predicted to finish table ended up winning the league. Now that Im in the BSquare Premier the board has decided to build a new stadium not asking me whether i think they should go ahead with building it or not and the club has taken out massive loan repayments in order to fund the building process. Putting it simply theyve screwed my fiances over. My fiances were already stretched last season as Salisbury were poor when I joined them and Ive only had around £600 p/m wages given with heavy rebuilding work needed. My finances are labelled as insecure and I cant offload anymore players as I have the bare minimum needed to achieve mid table in the league division. Any ideas on how I can get my finances back on track?

Why would the board ask you whether you want a new stadium? You don't control this, they do. If you're stadium isn't a 5,000 capacity stadium, they will build a new one or look to groundshare or expand. The board obviously felt it was easier to build a new stadium that will last for years to come then try and expand an older stadium.

Edit: Thought you had been promoted from the BSP, not the BSS. My point still stands. They probably figured that they'd build a new stadium whilst they could.

The stadium did not meet the requirements of the BSP so the board decided to have a new one built.

SI should perhaps implement a way that denies promotion in this case - that way you would have to ask your board to upgrade the stadium so you can earn promotion. This would be more realistic.

Sounds like the OP would like to know how he could get his finances back on track not why a new stadium was built.

I'm probably the last person to ask this since I never had this kind of issue but I know I read somewhere that arranging friendlys with much higher league clubs reserve teams can bring in some decent amount of coin maybe try to give that a go.

Look to bring in free players . At that level you can build a whole squad that will comfortably take you into the league for nothing . Also some of them may well be sold as well later which could help the financing . I took Colwyn Bay up to Div1 before i even spent a single penny on buying players

thanks for the replies. Yea ive arranged a few friendlies gonna see how much cash that generates. My main expenditure seems to be wages not so much transfer fees of players. Last season the board said the finances were tight thus I had very little cash to buy players or to get players out of contract due to my small wage budget then I got promoted to the BSP. This season Ive just been promoted and the price of the new stadium on top of the wage issues I had last season has really taken its toll i think which is the reason my finances are insecure. Cant really offload any players either as I have a small squad with the highest wage earners being Pablo Counago and Gary Wales who were my top scorers last season.

Archived