Simple change to making scouting more fun

If nothing else, add the ability for the am to handle scouting.

The idea to improve it is having a small % chance when scouting to 'discover' a regen youth prospect to join your youth team. I think this simple change would change scouting dramatically if the % chance is higher in your local country, encouraging players to have more local scouts which the opposite is true now.

I agree, the scouting is pretty bland.

I think more media reports of scout sightings would go a long way to add to realism.

"Arsenal's Steve Rowley was spotted at Lyon's French Ligue 1 match against Lille. It is speculated that Arsenal is looking to sign Dejan Lovren to reinforce their defensive options. However, Hugo Lloris and Yoann Gourcuff could also be targets."

Competition scouting needs to be tweaked so that scouts can be assigned multiple competitions, as long as those competitions don't overlap.

Example, Scout A could be assigned to Euro Championship Qualifiers, Euro Championship, Euro WC Qualifying, and World Cup without overlapping. And he'd always be busy. Scout B could be assigned to the equivalent for U-19 and U-21 Euros and U-20 World Cup.

I think something that tells the scout to stay up to date if you give them a nation or group of nations. You constantly have to waste time going into scouting and restarting all the scouting missions or the scouts forget about doing their job.

I agree, the scouting is pretty bland.

I think more media reports of scout sightings would go a long way to add to realism.

"Arsenal's Steve Rowley was spotted at Lyon's French Ligue 1 match against Lille. It is speculated that Arsenal is looking to sign Dejan Lovren to reinforce their defensive options. However, Hugo Lloris and Yoann Gourcuff could also be targets."

I'd like to see something like this too. And I'd like to see media hype around youngsters, meaning that you would see articles of the most hyped players in your inbox. For example every football fan knows about Neymar but in FM you could go merrily about your business without ever knowing that in Brazil there is a prospect of that calibre. And there should be different levels of this, meaning regional, national, continental and worldwide hype.

I would also like to see a higher correlation between a staff being comfortable with the area/ language and how successful they are. It is too easy to hire the best scouts (usually from central europe areas) and send them all over the world and get good reports. It should take them a year or more (dependent on their adaptability) to start discovering newgens from small local clubs. i.e if you send a german scout to brazil he will discover ganso, neymar and lucas moura very quickly but a promising youth player will take him longer. It also means you hire different scouts regardless of their JPA/JPP if they are more adaptable to an area (especially if you are a "moneyball" side)and hope to discover a talented youth that no one has seen

Media reporting needs to be overhauled. At the moment in FM there could be a star midfielder tearing everyone apart in League 1 yet unless you are checking stats for each league constantly you wouldn't know. Yet IRL the local media would be hailing this wonder player, and linking him to top clubs becasuse the City Groundsman and United's Catering Manager were spotted at a game.

Archived