How many leagues can I comfortably run?

Hi,

I'm currently running an old toshiba notebook with just 2gb ram, but I just ordered a new Mac with 16gb. However, it will only arrive in about 3 weeks, and my vacation just started: FM-time! Because I obviously want to transfer the savegame to my new Mac (and my savegames normally run for a full year), I want to get as many competitions as possible. How many leagues/nations would you recommend for the new MB-laptop?

why are these threads always thinly veiled "my new pc is better than yours"?

In order for you to give a good estimation, you would need specs right? I thought RAM was the most important for FM, so therefore I just put down that.

Processor is an i7 2,3 ghz.

Load FM as soon as you get the new machine and before you load any other software(- remember that most new machines come with bundles of "free" software, most of which you dont really want and could easily uninstall) start a new game and take a note of the recommended set up and use this as a guide. Remember also that your save will grow as it progresses so it is better to start small

Load FM as soon as you get the new machine and before you load any other software(- remember that most new machines come with bundles of "free" software, most of which you dont really want and could easily uninstall) start a new game and take a note of the recommended set up and use this as a guide. Remember also that your save will grow as it progresses so it is better to start small

Thanks for your response. The point is, I don't have the laptop yet, I will receive it in a few weeks. The thing is: I really want to start a new game. I don't really mind if for those 2 weeks it runs ****** on my old laptop, I'm just curious how many leagues I could handle so I can already make that save game.

Maybe there must be someone on here with the RMBP (lower-end) who can tell me what is the recommended setup?

It's a difficult question to be honest, because each individual has a trade of between performance and detail. I don't mind it running a bit sower to accomadate a few extra nations, and when ever I start a game, the estimated game speed is always half a star, but I am more than happy with it.

Your biggest problem is that you will not be able to get close to the spec you could run on your new machine as with 2gb of RAM i would expect memory dumps if you tried to do half what the new machine will be able to do.

Your best bet is definitely to just start a new game when the new machine arrives. Not the answer you wanted I know.

Archived