Tiki-Taka Football - Who Would Be In Your Team?

Tiki-Taka Football - Who Would Be In Your Team?

Basically i'm going to start a fun save as Swansea, using my tactic that i've created (can be found in the tactic forum) and i'm going to use FMRTE to edit my budgets etc... I chose Swansea because they have their own tiki-taka style of football :)

My question is, if you were creating an ultimate tiki-taka team, who would be in your team from the GK right down to the Strikers?

-------------Valdes------------------

Dani Alves--Pique--David Luiz--Jordi Alba

------------Busquets------------------

-----------Xavi ---Pirlo---------------

------Silva----------Iniesta-----------

-------------Messi-------------------

Maybe easier to start with Barca and add David Luiz, Alba, Pirlo and Silva? :D

Liga BBVA is boring :D Plus I don't think Barcelona have the perfect squad :) I'm trying to create the most perfect squad, but the 2 strikers are entirely seperate from the tiki-taka style, as they are just your ordinary goal getters.

If you want to play tika-taka then you'll need to make the pitch as big as possible. Dyer really stretches play for Swansea and creates room for Sigurdsson and Allen to operate in. Most strikers will struggle in that formation, and you won't be creating from many places. Ask yourself- when have to ever seen someone successfully use that formation in real life?

If you insist on using that formation, then this would be my Dream Team (current players only):

Valdes; Alves, Pique, Chiellini, Alba; Alonso, Xavi, Sigurdsson, Ronaldo; Messi, RVP

Alonso can ping longer passes forward for RVP. Sigurdsson's shooting ability means that teams can't just sit deep. Ronaldo carries the ball down the pitch on rapid counter attacks, and Messi is unplayable most of the time. Iniesta very unlucky to miss out, a better player than Sigurdsson for sure but I think Sigurdsson's shooting would cause more havoc whereas Iniesta would "just" be Messi but not as good. Also, Sigurdsson's set piece ability will give you an extra 10 goals a season from corners and free kicks. Actually, Iniesta in for Ronaldo wouldn't be a bad shout as he has more awareness and is less selfish, but I think Ronaldo's pace would be really useful and Ronaldo is a better player anyway.

If you want to play tika-taka then you'll need to make the pitch as big as possible. Dyer really stretches play for Swansea and creates room for Sigurdsson and Allen to operate in. Most strikers will struggle in that formation, and you won't be creating from many places. Ask yourself- when have to ever seen someone successfully use that formation in real life?

If you insist on using that formation, then this would be my Dream Team (current players only):

Valdes; Alves, Pique, Chiellini, Alba; Alonso, Xavi, Sigurdsson, Ronaldo; Messi, RVP

Alonso can ping longer passes forward for RVP. Sigurdsson's shooting ability means that teams can't just sit deep. Ronaldo carries the ball down the pitch on rapid counter attacks, and Messi is unplayable most of the time. Iniesta very unlucky to miss out, a better player than Sigurdsson for sure but I think Sigurdsson's shooting would cause more havoc whereas Iniesta would "just" be Messi but not as good. Also, Sigurdsson's set piece ability will give you an extra 10 goals a season from corners and free kicks. Actually, Iniesta in for Ronaldo wouldn't be a bad shout as he has more awareness and is less selfish, but I think Ronaldo's pace would be really useful and Ronaldo is a better player anyway.

Barcelona are probably the only team in real life who could pull off my tactic really, but in game several teams can pull it off, including Tottenham Hotspur :) Here's my first 11 I went with...

Casillas, Maicon, Pique, Ramos, Lahm, Alonso, Xavi, Ozil, Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero

I totally forgot about Alves who probably would be better than Maicon, but Maicon is still a good choice. Lahm seems to be by far the best choice as the left back due to his decent passing and brilliant decision making, anticipation and tackling. I tried Ozil in the AMC position, but i'm not convinced he's the right man to be the in Dream Team, so the choices are between Silva, Sneijder, Modric, Iniesta and Fabregas... I went with Ronaldo down the left hand side, because as you say SCIAG, his pace his brilliant. Messi is an automatic choice up front, but I think Aguero needs replacing with David Villa.

bale at left back for me. but i suppose i wouldnt play an AML i would make it a AMC. so ronaldo up top.

meaning xi is

casillas; maicon, pique, ramos, bale; alonso; xavi; iniesta, silva; ronaldo, messi.

gone for pace at full back as main asset. both wing backs who are physical and have an eye for goal. casillas is because i dont trust valdes, makes a lot of mistakes!

past that sums its self up i suppose. real life ramos, maybe should be david luiz in game though

I'm interested by your choice of Bale over Lahm, although you did say you was going for pace, but in a Tiki-Taka style tactic, pacey full backs aren't neccesary. Lahm has much better passing ability, especially with 19 for Decisions. Other than that, I love your line up :)

I'm also not sure if Messi and Ronaldo can play in the same team. I replaced Ronaldo with Arjen Robben and the team played better like that.

-------------Valdes------------------

Dani Alves--Pique--David Luiz--Jordi Alba

------------Busquets------------------

-----------Xavi ---Pirlo---------------

------Silva----------Iniesta-----------

-------------Messi-------------------

Same 11 as I was going for. Maybe in a couple of years you could Wilshere in for Pirlo too.

------------------Neuer----------------------

David Luiz/----Busquets---Hummels----Coentrao

-----------------Pirlo------------

-----------Xavi-----Xabi Alonso-----

Messi----------------------------Iniesta

---------------Ronaldo------------------

I don't think this would exactly work but it's a fun idea nevertheless. You probably concede most of times when you give up the ball.

Busquets?!?!

Give over.

Course, Busquets is absoloutely vital to Barca and Spain. without him the whole system would fall to pieces, he is the relief he just sits in that hole between defence and midfield always in space always offering a passing option. He is absoloutely vital to barca

Course, Busquets is absoloutely vital to Barca and Spain. without him the whole system would fall to pieces, he is the relief he just sits in that hole between defence and midfield always in space always offering a passing option. He is absoloutely vital to barca

Javi Martínez.

btw what made you choose sigurdsson over sneijder since i checked stats and sneijder is better at freekicks, long distance etc??

I'm a Reading fan so I take any excuse to throw him in teams like this.

As good as Ronaldo is, he doesn't fit the Tiki -Taka style, he has low team and workrate. Hes to much of an individual rather than a team player imo

IMO Tiki-Taka needs one player who is constantly looking for getting forward, that means the opposition needs to guard him carefully which in turn gives the passers more space. But then again Spain did fine in the final without one.

Would still rather take Busquets at this moment in time. Think I must be the only football fan in the world who rates him

I would have Busquets in my team any day of the week I rate him as the best in his position in the world at the minute. Wish England had someone like Busquets not Scott 'I try hard but can't pass' Parker. If England stopped measuring everyone's ability on a "Passionate" scale rather than ability we might be able to keep the ball for more than 3 passes in a row.

Who would be in your team if it was age restricted to under 23's as at the start of the game??

De Gea, Walker, Martinez, Hummels, Alba, Allen, Mata, Siggurdson, Bale, Sinclair, neymar. Hummels is under 23 isnt he?

I would have Busquets in my team any day of the week I rate him as the best in his position in the world at the minute. Wish England had someone like Busquets not Scott 'I try hard but can't pass' Parker. If England stopped measuring everyone's ability on a "Passionate" scale rather than ability we might be able to keep the ball for more than 3 passes in a row.

Thankyou, finally someone who agrees :). There isnt a better DM who does his job anywhere as you said, without him Barca would fall to bits. I suppose they have Masch who is very similar, but nothing like Bisquits.

Would still rather take Busquets at this moment in time. Think I must be the only football fan in the world who rates him

I rate him fairly highly but I just can't stand him at all. He is a top class defensive midfielder who keeps things ticking with his short passing, ball winning and as most fans would agree, his diving.

I rate him fairly highly but I just can't stand him at all. He is a top class defensive midfielder who keeps things ticking with his short passing, ball winning and as most fans would agree, his diving.

yeah definately, he does dive around like a bit of a wuss. Especially after Guardiola described him as a "street fighter" of a midfielder. Reading an article on EPL index and was comparings Spains players who made the most passes that directly lead to a shot at goal. 1)Xavi 2) BUsquets. A bigger influence than most people think.

Archived