The CSE UEFA Euro 2012 - Game Thread!

Please be aware of player naming in this thread.

The sign-up thread - is here.

Uefa.png

welcomes you all to ...

timeout-the-north-american-guide-to-uefa-euro-2012-week-22_616.jpg

... THE CSE Forum 2012 Euros!

Welcome to Poland and Ukraine

We would like to introduce you to this year’s tournament. At the last major event held on CSE France ran out winner, with both finalist competing in this competition is the conclusion obvious already?

Four years ago we saw Spain pick up the trophy and then go on to win the FIFA World cup 2 years later, 2 years on could they win their third competition in a row or is there someone else waiting in the wings to win it...

euro-2012-the-henri-delaunay-cup-trophy-replica-43cm.jpg

Who will win this trophy this year become the first CSE Euro cup winner?

The next post will include the initial group draw.

Here is the save game

PLEASE START SELECTING YOUR 23 MAN SQUAD AND SEND THEM IN TO MY PM OR EMAIL.

timeout-the-north-american-guide-to-uefa-euro-2012-week-22_616.jpg

CSE EURO CUP FINAL: PREVIEW SHOW

Code:

[b]GROUP | TEAMS IN GROUP[/b]
[b]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]
 A   | Ukraine, Croatia, France, Denmark
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 B   | Ireland, Russia, Italy, Poland
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 C   | Sweden, Germany, Holland, Greece
 D   | Spain, Czech-Republic, Portugal, England

Group A France may see this as a let off but this is a major competition so anyone is a difficult opponent. Croatia, Denmark and Ukraine all have players that could cause France some problems, I would not put my money on one of these teams to win the group it is just so tight.

Group B Italy will go in expecting to walk this group but we all know the force Russia has upfront. Ireland should be written off but there could be a surprise or two coming from them. And not forgetting host nation Poland who are also a handful.

Group C is wide-open after Germany’s manager failed to turn up to any training sessions. Sweden and Holland are both top sides with world class forwards. Greece have caused an upset or two as well.

Group D is the Group of death any major tournament needs. Reigning champions Spain, the infuriating England who fail to impress most of the time, Portugal the home of Cristiano Ronaldo and Czech-Republic, the country that has never failed to qualify. All possible winners of this competition, we know we will lose at least 2 major contenders in this group.

So there you have it. The groups and managers are ready, and now we have our build up to the biggest competition since the last CSE major competition!

Major problem, you can't select anymore players from the pool because apparently the squads have already been decided? :S
Bugger that is a major problem... I told it to get me to next squad selection... One second I will have a look at my save file.
Are we going to be able to give match tactics/shouts/set piece instructions for the actual matches or will it all rely on the tactics files?
Tactics are the only thing I will be using I'm afraid.

I am guessing we should name a 30 player squad now and later leave 7 out right? At least that's what I am doing right now.
Right guys:

Name your 30 man squad

At the bottom have a cut off line

At the top of the cut off line put your preferred player i.e. your best backup.

When I select your 23 man squad I will select all the ones above the cut off line, UNLESS someone is no longer available in which case the first person from yuor backups is used.

Here is an example:

Stothy's 30 man squad:

Player 1

Player 2

Player 22

Player 23

---------

Player 24

Player 25

Player 7 gets injured so is dropped and player 24 takes his place.

Any reason why my tactics i sent you aint being used!? Just had a look and everyone else's seem to be ... :eek:
Oh dear, I knew I would miss someone! Don't worry, I will add it, and use FMRTE to change the tactic blend to the same as everyone else!

Oh dear, I knew I would miss someone! Don't worry, I will add it, and use FMRTE to change the tactic blend to the same as everyone else!

No worries, thanks.

I did pencil in a rough 30 when we got the first save to look at and almost entire squad looks fit apart from Szczesny (3-5 weeks) hopefully he'll be ok by 3rd game (might as well take him).

EDIT: PM sent with Squad list, hopefully how i'v done it is fine.

I have sent it as a list to your mail. As NT managers, we can't create shortlists I presume, not sure though.

I added a new manager to one of the premier teams and built my shortlist from there. You can also use FM Genie Scout to make one.

I added a new manager to one of the premier teams and built my shortlist from there. You can also use FM Genie Scout to make one.
That may be what I did! I used genie scout, yes, it's easier for me as I can copy name on Genie.

Would the backups list also be used in case of a player rejecting a callup?

Got a great chance at qualifying from Group A.

Exactly mate!
I've e-mailed the shortlists, let me know if you've got them
Got it thanks!
Squad list in e-mail
Thankyou!

When can we publicly announce our squad
Publicly announce them now if you want! But don't expect everyone else to. Just try to do it as officially as possible, as if it was a press conference.

Publicly announce them now if you want! But don't expect everyone else to. Just try to do it as officially as possible, as if it was a press conference.

Argghh freck more writing :lol: hmm i will probably do it after i done some other stuff ;)

Rumours from Ukraine: There are rumours coming out of the Ukrainian camp that a trio of big names are set to be left out of the squad and that the manager has gone with a youth movement which includes a player switching allegience to Ukraine. No update as of now as to who these players are, but we will keep you posted.

Im not afraid, ill announce my starting 11:

Van Persie-------Huntelaar---------Robben

-----------------Sneijder-----------------

----De Jong------------------Maduro-----

Pieters---Heitinga----Bruma---van der Wiel

----------------Steklenburg---------------

Pulled Mathisjen off starting 11 because he is too slow and i needed someone to keep up with all the fast strikers.

Kuyt might get in instead of Robben depending on how well he does in this setup. Left and right strikers require higher than average stamina and workrate because they will be covering alot of open space in the wings.

Playng a 4-2-1-3 with 3 strikers up top and 2 dm's, super defensive because my defense is terrible.

Unfortunately no room for VDV i would have loved him to get in but formation doesnt allow for it.

Bring it baby, who can score on this formation :)

Squad picked, tactics picked, instructions for picking players sorted.

All we need now is for the matches to kick off - I can see the games I am involved in being 'colourful' to say the least.

Bring it on, can't wait!

Que_logo.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzrvsq1ZM8Md2Pg4sPOHWHFLT4pj7digXKj5sSbUjbZg_TjuDRow

Spanish Squad

Well hello all i would like to start with announcing the upcoming squad for Euro 2012. As reigning World & Euro Champions the pressure is on us to perform all the time so with that said i have decided to change the formation we play and play more attacking football to show that we are not "boring" so here we go :

The first i will announce is the Goalkeepers I.Casillas V.Valdes J.Reina really we are spoilt for choice.

Defenders I will be only using CBs S.Ramos G.Pique S.Busquets R.Albiol A.Dominguez well Puyol is not here because well he has a slight injury and is not a full fitness i dont want take him and then for him to pick up another injury and then it would of been a waste of a plus hes too slow and his hair is too big looks like a fluffy poodle moving swiftly on to

Midfielders Xavi Iniesta Fabregas X.Alonso D.Silva S.Caazorla J.Mata M.Arteta J.Martinez I.Munain yes i brought in Arteta why not it is crazy not too he is a great player and i am surprised it has took so long to give him his first cap yes i left Pedro out its simple i dont like he looks to co cky and needs a dose of reality that he is not as good as he thinks he is

Strikers D.Villa F.Torres Raul F.Llorente R.Soldado biggest suprise is bringing El Ángel de Madrid (Raul) i brought him back because of all he has done for Spain and his extraordinary career plus he had a great season in Germany which proves he can still play with the best

Reserves

Puyol

Bojan

Navas

Arebola

Rodrigo

Negredo

Thiago

Here's our Formation

Torres------------------Villa

------------Iniesta---Fabregas--------------

----Silva-----------Xavi----------------Cazorla

Busquets ---Pique---Ramos

----------------Ike---------------

This squad will lead Spain to glory

Report from Goal.com

Croatia Star misses out on Lower Leagues Rule's first squad

In a surprise move new Croatia manager, Lower Leagues Rule, has left Mario Mandzukic out of his preliminary squad for the European Championships in Ukraine & Poland in June. Croatia has been drawn in a group with Ukraine, Denmark & France, as the squad with the highest World Ranking (4th) in this group, they are hopeful that they can deal with their opponents and confirm a knockout place. Nine of the players in the squad are looking to make their debuts in the tournament as well, they include Hajduk winger Marin Tomasov, who looks likely to play as an attacking winger in Rule's squad. It is believed Mandzukic had missed the squad because Lower Leagues plays with just a single striker, and the form of Eduardo, 11 goals in 15 games so far, and his knowledge of Ukraine saw him as the first selection, Mandzukic had a poor season for Wolfsburg and while he was disappointed has said, "I wish LLR and his team all the best, even though I am bitterly disappointed to not be there."

Darijo Srna has been selected for the squad even though he will miss the first two games, against Ukraine & Denmark, following a suspension, Vedran Corluka will be hoping to take advantage of Srna missing and cement a role in the starting line-up for the game against France, while he could still make the team in the centre of the defence, his best chance is to outperform Srna early and grab the right back spot. Several players have made a choice over nationality by making themselves available for selection in this squad, the uncapped players who have dual nationality selected are: Mato Jajalo (BIH), Besart Abdurahimi (ALB), Matej Delac (BIH) & Dejan Skolnik (SLV), all four will be looking to take their chance, it is rumoured that at least Jajalo & Abdurahimi should make the squad for the Championships. Skolnik has been a long shot all season long as has had an incredible season for Nacional in the Portuguese Liga Sagres, he has really impressed and will hope to grab one of the undecided spots before the kick-off of the tournament.

The Full Squad (Caps): Goalies - Stipe Pletikosa (89), Vjekoslav Tomic (0), Lovre Kalinic (0), Matej Delac (0), Defenders - Vedran Corluka (51), Darijo Srna (88), Hrvoje Cale (5), Ivan Strinic (17), Mato Neretijak (11), Gordon Schildenfeld (11), Jurica Buljat (4), Dejan Lovren (13), Danijel Pranjic (46), Manuel Pamic (2), Sime Vrsaljko (1), Midfielders - Ognjen Vukojevic (31), Luka Modric (54), Mato Jajalo (0), Milan Badelj (6), Besart Abdurahimi (0), Marin Tomasov (0), Ivan Rakitic (39), Niko Kranjcar (67), Ivan Perisic (6), Ivica Olic (79), Luka Begonja (0), Dino Spehar (0), Dejan Skolnik (0), Strikers - Eduardo (43), Nikica Jelavic (13).

Russia Announce Squad!

It seems manager Shad Aza has taken inspiration from that great footballing nation Brazil and comes in to the Euro's with a box 4-2-2-2 Formation. Believing that this is the best way forward for a side famed for it's attacking players.

It is believed that this will be the desired first 11:

1.Igor Akinfeev (GK)

2.Sergey Parshivlyuk (DR)

3.Alexey Berezutskiy (DC)

4.Vasily Berezutskiy (DC)

5.Yury Zhirkov (DL)

6.Evgney Aldonin (DMCL)

7.Roman Shirokov (DMCR)

8.Andrey Arshavin (AMCL)

9.Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (AMCR)

10.Roman Pavlyuchenko (CF)

11.Alexandr Kerzhakov (CF)

We have Identical twins as centre backs, pulled Zhirkov back to left back whilst Bilyaletdinov has been given the nod ahead of Dzagoev. We also have some star players ready to come on from the bench such as the previously mentioned Dzagoev, The giant sledge hammer CF Artem Dzyuba and the versatile defensive and attacking midfielder Konstantin Zyryanov.

Come On England!!!

As usual in the build up to a big tournament, there is much expectation coming from the fans in regards to England. New manager Tactic Master has taken over one of the hardest jobs in World Football and has the task of preparing the ever expectant English for Euro 2012!!!

The 30 man preliminary squad has been announced this morning to the players themselves and Tactic Master has spoken of a new approach in regards to tactics. He has put his beliefs forward, that great passing and attacking football is the way forward and hopes that the England players will be able to adjust to this new system and reap the rewards.

He isn't prepared to go into revealing the entire squad, but we could expect England to line up as follows...

-----------------------------Joe Hart----------------------------

---Kyle Walker---John Terry----Joleon Lescott---Ashley Cole----

---------------------------Scott Parker--------------------------

-------------------------Steven Gerrard-------------------------

-------------------------Frank Lampard----------Ashley Young--

-----------------Peter Crouch----Wayne Rooney-----------------

Can England defy all odds and pull off the impossible?

Come On England!!!

As usual in the build up to a big tournament, there is much expectation coming from the fans in regards to England. New manager Tactic Master has taken over one of the hardest jobs in World Football and has the task of preparing the ever expectant English for Euro 2012!!!

The 30 man preliminary squad has been announced this morning to the players themselves and Tactic Master has spoken of a new approach in regards to tactics. He has put his beliefs forward, that great passing and attacking football is the way forward and hopes that the England players will be able to adjust to this new system and reap the rewards.

He isn't prepared to go into revealing the entire squad, but we could expect England to line up as follows...

-----------------------------Joe Hart----------------------------

---Kyle Walker---John Terry----Joleon Lescott---Ashley Cole----

---------------------------Scott Parker--------------------------

-------------------------Steven Gerrard-------------------------

-------------------------Frank Lampard----------Ashley Young--

-----------------Peter Crouch----Wayne Rooney-----------------

Can England defy all odds and pull off the impossible?

errrr noooo but we are rank 4th in the world now :lol:

Archived