FM12: The Lich King Challenge

Welcome to the ultimate challenge that will test your patience and determination to achieve something that probably was never achieved before. It will last 17 seasons at the very least, but it's highly unlikely someone will be able to do it that quickly. Can you become one of the very few football legends that will be remembered forever?

The Aim

You will have to win every possible trophy in all Scandinavian countries. This means you need to secure a total of 14 league titles and 9 cups at domestic level, but that's just the first stage. You will also have to win UEFA Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup. That's where things change a little bit. After securing these trophies you will have to take over a Scandinavian national team (Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway or Finland) and win both EURO and World Cup with them.

The Rules

1. You can choose any of the five countries as a place to start, but you must take over a club in the lowest playable league of that country. It's your decision whether to start unemployed or not.

2. You may switch clubs within one country.

3. Promotions don't count as league wins unless you actually have won the league.

4. You may not manage outside Scandinavia.

5. Player naming is allowed.

6. Tactic naming and using downloaded tactics is not allowed.

7. The challenge finishes on Football Manager 2013 release date.

8. You are awarded for winning a specific competition only once, no matter how many times you win it.

9. You may take over a national team at any stage, but you're not allowed to manage club and a national team simultaneously.

The Trophies (using Susie's Real Names)

Iceland

Pepsideildin (10 points)

1. Deild karla (5 points)

VISA-Bikar karla (8 points)

Islenska Frabaer Bikar (5 points)

Lengjubikarinn (5 points)

Denmark

Superligaen (15 points)

1. Division (10 points)

2. Division (5 points)

DBU Pokalen (12 points)

Finland

Veikkausliga (12 points)

Ykkonen (5 points)

Suomen Cup (8 points)

Liigacup (6 points)

Norway

Tippeligaen (15 points)

Adeccoligaen (10 points)

Fair Play-ligaen (5 points)

Norgensmesterskap Frisk Forsikring Cup (12 points)

Sweden

Allsvenskan (15 points)

Superettan (12 points)

Division 1 (8 points)

Division 2 (5 points)

Svenska Cupen (12 points)

Svenska Supercupen (10 points)

Europe

UEFA Champions League (100 points)

FIFA Club World Cup (80 points)

Europa League (optional) (75 points)

National Team

World Cup (150 points)

European Championships (100 points)

Achievements

Iceland

Win all domestic trophies with one club (15 points)

Win all domestic trophies in two seasons (25 points)

Turn professional (25 points)

Qualify for Europa League group stages (30 points)

Qualify for Champions League group stages (45 points)

Denmark

Do back-to-back promotions (15 points)

Win all domestic trophies with one club (20 points)

Qualify for Europa League group stages (25 points)

Win all domestic trophies in three seasons (30 points)

Qualify for Champions League group stages (35 points)

Finland

Win all domestic trophies with one club (15 points)

Win all domestic trophies in two years (30 points)

Qualify for Europa League group stages (30 points)

Qualify for Champions League group stages (40 points)

Norway

Sweden

Overall

Make a Scandinavian league one of the top ten in Europe (20 points)

Make a Scandinavian league one of the top five in Europe (35 points)

Get your player to win European Golden Boot (35 points)

Get your player to win European Player of the Year (50 points)

Get your player to become European Championships top scorer (50 points)

Get your player to become World Cup top scorer (60 points)

Get your player to win World Player of the Year (75 points)

Make a Scandinavian league the best in Europe (100 points)

Win the European Championships at your first attempt (150 points)

Win the World Cup at your first attempt (200 points)

Complete the challenge in 2040 or earlier (250 points)

Complete the challenge in 2030 (300 points)

Now it's all up to you. Can you become the best? Can you become FM12's Lich King?

That seems like a brilliant challenge :) Been a long time since we've had anyone properly outline a challenge and put some effort in to it, probably since Ri916 and Toonbalmy87 with their youth academy challenges. If your doing this for FM13, i'll probably join in at that point :)

a shame it is rather late to embark on what would be an absolute epic of a challenge. Even if your not officially going to run this for FM13 im gonna give it a shot :) A great idea of a challenge and like others before me have said, if its going ahead for FM13 you can count me in.

I'm inclined to give a go just to see how it pans out before FM13 and start properly for it. Though for a feedback I'd say a few words:

- Not being able to change countries before winning everything may hamper the progress & fun to a degree and I hope you foresee that.

- How are you going to make sure people don't use downloaded tactics? I am not really up to date on various challenge rules but this one is a bit unnecessary control to me.

- Do we have to win everything with clubs before moving to national team management?

What I'd suggest is let people roam freely in Scandinavia as long as they are winning trophies. This'll allow a lot of different stories from different careers. Also I'd say, you should not put a pre-requisite to the NT management. If they are offered the job, people should be able to go for it.

Will give this a blast:

Screenshot shows how I have set the game up, my manager is Sunday League (Past Experience) and started off as unemployed.

LichKing.png

Will update rest of this post when I am back from dropping the little one off at school.

I'm inclined to give a go just to see how it pans out before FM13 and start properly for it. Though for a feedback I'd say a few words:

- Not being able to change countries before winning everything may hamper the progress & fun to a degree and I hope you foresee that.

- How are you going to make sure people don't use downloaded tactics? I am not really up to date on various challenge rules but this one is a bit unnecessary control to me.

- Do we have to win everything with clubs before moving to national team management?

What I'd suggest is let people roam freely in Scandinavia as long as they are winning trophies. This'll allow a lot of different stories from different careers. Also I'd say, you should not put a pre-requisite to the NT management. If they are offered the job, people should be able to go for it.

Thanks for your opinion. I've started working on the challenge as soon as the idea hit my mind and spent about an hour thinking about it and working on the OP, so maybe it wasn't long enough. The challenge is in its early stage though, so I'm going to change the rule about winning everything before moving to another country and add another one about NT management.

Thanks for your opinion. I've started working on the challenge as soon as the idea hit my mind and spent about an hour thinking about it and working on the OP, so maybe it wasn't long enough. The challenge is in its early stage though, so I'm going to change the rule about winning everything before moving to another country and add another one about NT management.

TBH the rules of the challenge are fair but can we buy players :p

I don't think anyone would be able to finish it without buying any players.

It's easy to do, just extremely time consuming, so you'd have to be someone who spent most of their day playing to even think about doing that, but as I said, for a normal person like me and you with a challenge like this, buying players is a must really. It's taken me long enough to take Chester to the Premier League without buying players, never mind all those teams!

Right then,

Been away for a week working, and have finally found some time to give this a blast.

Started with a team called Thisted Fodbold Club of the Danish Second Division West, it would be ages before I got into the nitty gritty of league football. My main aim was to reduce the wage budget which was nearly £2k a week over budget. By the time the season came round I was still £824 a week over it, but had tried all I could do to drop it down.

7 players left the club, with 3 players coming in - I paid £100 for all three players and brought them in on amateur contracts. Still looking for more players all on amateur contracts until I can get rid of the rest of the dead wood and bring the wages under control.

Club is expected to finish in a respectable league position whilst the papers reckon 6th place will be good (So out of a league of 16 teams, 6 will be respectable I would imagine), the club also wants at least a 2nd round cup performance, with Aarup Boldklub facing us in the first round (Danish non-league club), I was hoping I could tick that particular box.

16 youth players were brought through the ranks, I however only kept 5 of them on the books - best being a left back that is expected to be a maximum of a 2 star player in the future.

So with nothing more to do, bring on the league - and here is to some type of miracle and a championship in my first season (and 5 points towards being the leader of this challenge).

Good luck in nurturing Wik through mate - looking forward to see if he can make it in the game.
I will try just had my next intake then best 1 is another striker but had a gk who was half a star worse in potential so I chose him but god all I can bring in is strikers

End of 1st season and I need to shoot to work, but managed to win the league and then the play off - so it's a higher standard of football for me next season.

Happy day's and on the leader-board - bosh!

I will update this thread with all the screenshots as and when I sort them out.

League Table

Here we go! On this day, Sercan Cali is announced the new manager of IF Birkebeineren!

I have 0 player & 0 staff in the squad, semi-pro club. At least 6,5K wage budget should do me some good, hopefully :)

P.S: Forgot to add, I have also enabled Turkey Prem as well as I'm planning to take a job offer there if I manage to finish the challenge & I'd like to monitor the league in the mean time as well.

Archived