Anybody cheated a little with their transfer budget before?

'Not by much' :D

Yes, I have done so before as well. Before as in when I was a kid, however (but agreed, I was a kid for a long time :D). Now I prefer not to be at vastly rich clubs as they don't pose a challenge and even less so if I give them even more money.

No offense intended. Feel free to play the game to your own liking. Just please don't come here to proudly post how great it went after giving yourself an unfair advantage.

Short answer yes.

but back in the day when football manager had a different name :)

I used to make a world beater Ajax side:

GK: Buffon, Barthez, Kahn

Defenders: Maldini, Stam, Roberto Carlos, Gary Neville, Cannavaro etc

Midfielders: Davids, Zidane, Nedved, Overmars, Rivaldo etc

Attackers: Kluivert, Ronaldo (the Ronaldo from Brazil) Romario, Raul, Del Piero etc

Sorry I forgot a lot of names but basically I had almost 3 teams of world class players. But it got boring after a season when I won every game with 7-0 or more.

PS. Now looking back I wish I had a save with that game :(((((

(at least I could "read" :D those superstars play again)

lol just enough to buy some of the most expensive players around?

gotze cost you 60mil plus im sure , all on his own..

as others have said... seems a bit pointless to me...

might as well just code a 10 line javascript program with one button saying win which you click and it congratulates you, the result is the same

the not by much line was great haha.

only time i've 'cheated' with a transfer budget on FM, was FM11 when waiting for FM12 to be released in a month, decided to be Anji, made sure they were a proper tycoon club, like Man City by putting millions in the transfer budget, signed Tevez, Srna, Neymar, played it for 5 games, got bored. Waited for FM12.

Yeah, but in the long run, I as a manager look awesome : )

(In the game, of course)

Yeah, but I can manage that by taking unplayable clubs (holiday method) to world domination. Without cheating. Without Player search. And I can actually feel a sense of achievement with my accomplishments knowing I did it legitimately.

I couldn't do this, as it would ruin my whole save. The fear of losing and the fact of getting my revenge next season, after losing the league for 3 points is too rewarding. But I can understand that it can be quite fun to have all these world-class players in 1 team.

And if you feel that you cheat, you will be less proud of your accomplishments afterwards. But as said before, there are no rules set in stone, how you need to play this game.

Slightly adjusting the budget on a lower division club to allow some room to build is fine since there's hundreds of teams that start with nothing, making the "i like to start at the bottom (with nothing)" arguments irrelevant.

Slightly adjusting the budget on a lower division club to allow some room to build is fine since there's hundreds of teams that start with nothing, making the "i like to start at the bottom (with nothing)" arguments irrelevant.

Is it? You sure about that? Cheating is cheating, whether it's £50 or £50m, Arsenal or Aldershot.

And the second you change a budget or do any database modification to make it easier, you lose all bragging/conversation/argument rights, so yes, it does make it irrelevant.

When I was younger, I did this, but haven't for many years now. However, it was much easier to get success in the older games having spent loads of money. On my current FM12 save, I took over at Barcelona where they gave me a £550m transfer budget to start with. Using the "Pay over x months" option, I spent over £800m bringing in the best players from around the world. I failled to win anything and got sacked before the end of the season. :(

I did it to see if I could get a dream team when I had FM 11.

My first team was:

Casillas

Alves Pique Vidic Evra

Ribery Schweinsteiger Gotze Nani

Rooney Aguero

I played 10 games, won all of them by at least 5 goals (including Arsenal and Liverpool), got bored and went back to my Forest game.

Archived