Fm 12 no striker

One cb and two fullbacks?

Spain plays with four in the back. When the two fullbacks join the attack, the two centre backs go wide to mark each striker, while Busquets drops back between the two centre backs... This can be replicated well on FM, with 2 cb's on defend, two full backs with attacking duty and an anchor man.

As for removing the striker, this is quite easy. Simply take a standard 4-5-1 and drop the striker down to AM position and give him a trequartista role.

One cb and two fullbacks?

Spain plays with four in the back. When the two fullbacks join the attack, the two centre backs go wide to mark each striker, while Busquets drops back between the two centre backs... This can be replicated well on FM, with 2 cb's on defend, two full backs with attacking duty and an anchor man.

As for removing the striker, this is quite easy. Simply take a standard 4-5-1 and drop the striker down to AM position and give him a trequartista role.

No i meant setting a team up with 1 cb and 2 full backs. i'm trying it at arenal now 1 cb 2 fb 3 cm 1 Am 2 wingersd and 1 striker.

Spain Boring ? Are people really trolling sigames forums now.

What comments? and well i made the thread about the non striker while saying i was going to try my team with 1 cb. It was two diffrent subjects i brought up in this thread.

I had wanted to know if anyone tried spains way, while saying i was going to try my team with 1 cb.

Whos tried there team the way spain do and barcelona does it work? I'm thinking of going with one cb with two ful backs would that work?

So you want to go with a 3-7-0 formation?

Look at his previous comments i think toon army is a bit slight of intelligence not sure though

Spain Boring ? Are people really trolling sigames forums now.

Spain are incredibly boring, the final was the exception when for once they didnt try to win every game 1-0.

Still, they arent as bad as Swansea though taking 15 mins to cross the halfway line.

Spain are incredibly boring, the final was the exception when for once they didnt try to win every game 1-0.

Think the final was the exception cause Italy left two man up front with, more or less, no defensive duty. This left the game a lot more open and is why Spain looked more "fun" to watch in the final compared to the rest of the tournament. Not too impressed by their tactics, against teams capable of defending they are well vulnerable on the counter. I mean they were close to go out in the group stages if Croatia had taken their chances. Too much passing around and little end product when not having a proper striker on. Not to mention Italy having to make all 3 subs early with injuries etc, ending the game with 10 men.

But about the topic. Not sure playing with only one CB would be a good way to go. I've actually experimented with that once in a while and I feel you are left way to exposed. Better play with 3 CB and two wingbacks in that case. Or as Spain/Barca do, use two CB on defend and two FB on attack, just like HoreTore talked about earlier.

Think the final was the exception cause Italy left two man up front with, more or less, no defensive duty.

Exactly, we played Swansea and just got 10 men behind the ball and didnt press at all, they just passed it around their back 4 and goalie while getting loads of possession but not getting anywhere. It was incredibly boring but we nicked a goal on HT and then hammered them as they had to push forward.

The way to beat that type of tactic is to not get drawn forward and it makes for a very dull game unless the tippy tappy side goes a goal down.

Im currently working on a WM formation as detailed by Cleon in her Sports center thread. Except ive pushed the 3 strikers back to AM. Absoloutely unbelivebale possesion and ball retention and the football is some of the best ive seen in the Match Engine. If anyone is interested ill be putting a detialed update in this thread later tonight when I get in from work.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/309287-The-abstract-formation-thread

Im currently working on a WM formation as detailed by Cleon in her Sports center thread. Except ive pushed the 3 strikers back to AM. Absoloutely unbelivebale possesion and ball retention and the football is some of the best ive seen in the Match Engine. If anyone is interested ill be putting a detialed update in this thread later tonight when I get in from work.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/309287-The-abstract-formation-thread

Cleon is a guy, regardles of what it say on his profile page.

On another note, anyone interested in playing without a striker should look at Jimbob's thread.

I built a great 3-3-4-0 formation on a Liverpool save but I had to format my hard-drive the other day and lost everything. The roles were:

GK (SK, S)

CDr (CD, C)

CD (BPD, C)

CDl (CD, C)

WBr (WB, A)

DM (DM, S)

WBl (WB, A)

AMR (W, A)

AMCr (AM, A)

AMCl (Treq, A)

AML (W, A)

I did mess around a lot with their individual instructions and stuff though. The team was set to Overload and Very Fluid and the team instructions were altered as well. My default shouts were: Retain Possession, Pass To Feet, Hassle Opponents, Stay On Feet, Play Out Of Defence, Play Through Defence, Work Ball Into Box.

I averaged around 57% possession, limited most teams to no more than 3 or 4 shots a game and tended to score at least 3 a game. Basically, the two central attackers took in turns to drop deep (a la the false 9), with the other making the runs from deep and the wingers were generally the furthest forward on the pitch (a la Iniesta and Silva). I made it after the Spain v Italy group game, trying to combine the 3-man defence with a strikerless attack. I'm going to attempt to recreate it at some point but I'm not sure if I can remember everything.

Edit: I should've added that I had the GK's distribution set to always pass the BPD.

Cleon is a guy, regardles of what it say on his profile page.

On another note, anyone interested in playing without a striker should look at Jimbob's thread.

What makes you so sure she is a guy?

CHeers mate :)

i've played a 4-5-1 with a deep lying forward/support, two inside forwards/attack, and 2 centermidfielders/attack. my league top scorer is one of my center midfielders (de rossi)

i had control of possession every match, but it was hard to score. i was winning 1-0 or 2-1 every match.

Because I'm good friends with him. He got married last year and recently his wife gave birth to a daughter.

And no problem. I just with more people would pay attention and go to where this post suggests;

Oh right fair enough then, why the whole women thing then?

they are boring because it is one sided that is the coment of truth

since chelsea and barcelona every team sets out against spain that way what do you expect.

spain are not boring but the games are. They can only do what the opponents let them of course it is boring watching a team win every time

Archived