Sergio Ramos

Lahm

Pirlo

Xavi

Ronaldo

Ozil

Iniesta ( Player of the Tournament )

Mandzukic

Can you really include a player who only played in the group stages?

So bitter against Alba you can't include him :D

Can you really include a player who only played in the group stages?

So bitter against Alba you can't include him :D

why not? none of the strikers in the final 8 really stood out for me tbh, balotelli hardly had a good tournament

alba had a good tournament, but i think people are just raving about him because they are ignorant of spanish football outside of Real/Barca and had no idea how good he is, but yeah, hes a **** who is dead to me :(

Alba or maybe Ramos my player of the tournament.

I'd love to say Iniesta, but the other two have impressed me more.

also, cms' bitterness about Alba is taking hilarious proportions

no, i just knew how good he was before the tournament started, i would probably vote for him if he hadnt been a **** to us though, im allowed to be biased arent I? not like Lahm is a ridiculous choice :D

Pirlo player of the tournament. Destroyed England and Germany, played really well in the group stages too. Thought he had a really good 1st half in the final then as soon as Spain scored that 2nd it was over, even more so when they had 10 men.

I don't think Sweinsteiger deserves to be in any team of the tournament, he was one of the reasons they struggled against Italy and in some parts of Greece game. Not up to his standard.

Same could be said about Xavi for some time, but what he did in the final changes everything.

Iniesta POTT for me, followed by Pirlo and Ozil.

• Administrators
casillas

pereira

ramos

pepe

coentrão

de rossi

moutinho

pirlo

silva

iniesta

golden boot winner fernando torres

player of the tournament between ramos and iniesta.

I would struggle to disagree with most of this; I'd have Oezil instead of Torres though and play NO STRIKERS.

Was Iniesta really that good? I watched every Spain game and he didn't really shine imo. I don't know his assist count or anything so I'm guessing it's quite high.

Assuming that POTT would be from one of the final 2 teams, Casillas or Alonso would probably be my pick. Outside of them, Ozil was superb.

Casillas

Debuchy

Bonucci

Ramos

Alba

Alonso

De Rossi

Jiracek

Ozil

Fabregas

Mandzukic

Being fair to the lower teams and including a couple of their players. Honorable mentions to: Gebre Selassie, Pilar, Shirokov, Yarmolenko, Moutinho and Balzaretti.

well his assist count is completely irrelevant. I think he was consistently the best player throughout, driving spain forward, playing key passes (e.g the one for cesc today), being the guy stepping up again (especially in villa's absence) etc etc. I don't think he was at his very best, no, but his standards are so high that he was quite easily better than almost everyone else. alonso I remember having a bad game earlier on in the tournament. iniesta didn't. he never really does.

he won't care about the award, but he surely deserves it. he is close to being the best spanish footballer ever imo.

Player of tournament for me was Iniesta who just shaded it over Alba for me. Very very impressed with Alba, knew he was rather good. but that good? oh no him at Barca is gonna be lethal!

Also people jumping on the Pirlo bandwagon has really irrated me. Like he hasn't been doing that for years already ffs. But still nowhere near player of the tournament, because he destroyed England (not hard amount of time we gave him) just been over exaggerated big time

Was Iniesta really that good? I watched every Spain game and he didn't really shine imo. I don't know his assist count or anything so I'm guessing it's quite high.

Spain's first goal last night is a perfect example of why assist stats are irrelevant.

Guest avine

Hart

Lahm

Pepe

Lescott

Alba

Iniesta

Pirlo

Xavi

Silva

Ronaldo

Balotelli

subs:casillas,pique,k.papadopoulos,rossi,coentrao,jiracek,cabaye

Casillas

Ramos

Pepe

De Rossi

Alba

Pirlo

Xavi

Khedira

Silva

Iniesta (POTT)

Ronaldo

Subs: Buffon, Bonucci, Balzaretti, Lahm, Fabregas, Gerrard, Krohn-Dehli, Alonso, Ozil, Salpingidis, Mandžukić, Balotelli

Based on the same criteria of UEFA (23 players) but not everyone is in the right place and De Rossi was better at CB :D

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta (player of the tournament)

Andres Iniesta

Andres Iniesta

Second rate version of -

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Just need Scotland to qualify now, which would be a forgone conclusion if Levein could recognise a genius and play the line-up above.

Second rate version of -

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Gary Harkins

Just need Scotland to qualify now, which would be a forgone conclusion if Levein could recognise a genius and play the line-up above.

Who?

It would be good to see Scotland qualify though so there would be two teams playing 4-6-0. :cool:

Team otT:

Casillas
Gebre Selassie - Bonucci - Ramos - Alba
Silva - Özil - Khedira - Xavi - Iniesta
	Balotelli

Honourable Mentions:

Ibra, Mandzukic, Fabregas, Gerrard, De Rossi, Jiracek, Moutinho, Hummels, Barzagli, Boateng, Coentrao, Buffon

Toss-up betwen Iniesta and Alba for PotT

Didn't even realise I had left Pirlo out tbh (and Ronaldo too). Wouldn't have them in the team but could probably swap them in for Mandzukic and Gerrard among the mentions.

Btw something I thought of when doing my team, there really haven't been any right mid/wingers playing well, a part from Silva obviously, that I can think of (Blasywhatshisname perhaps but that was against the worst opponents available).

Casillas

Debuchy

Pepe

Ramos

Alba

Pirlo

Alonso

Moutinho

Iniesta

Cristiano Ronaldo

Balotelli

Player of the tournament: Andrea Pirlo

Sorry to leave out De Rossi, Coentrão, Fabregas. I think Debuchy almost self-excluded himself after that 1st goal in the quarter-final vs Spain but there was no outstanding right-back at all in the tournament, he'd been rather good before. Picking João Pereira feels weird, and he wasn't that great.

I think Debuchy almost self-excluded himself after that 1st goal in the quarter-final vs Spain but there was no outstanding right-back at all in the tournament, he'd been rather good before.

Wasn't he playing right midfield at that time? So it kind of doesn't count for the right back evaluation. :D

Archived