+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Player Search

Youth Team

Default Player Search

Lately the player search screen is taking a VERY long time to load up (2-3 minutes)
    Takes a few minutes to select the age category, for example. Then another few minutes to actually select the age. Very annoying.

It's usually no more than 5 seconds. Why might this be? What can I do to get this back to "normal"?

- I'm in 2021
    - Database size large
    - Running 8 leagues in 5 countries
    Last edited by SWaRFeGa; 30-06-2012 at 08:15.

Amateur

At a guess, the player database has gotten a lot larger since your game world was created. If it is that, then I'm not sure there's a fix, but you could try removing some leagues.

First Team Squad Member

Have you added any leagues since starting the game?

Youth Team

I started with just the English leagues down to Regional levels.

Now I'm only running down to League 2 - with the added inclusion of Italian, German and Spanish top divisions (which I added about 2 seasons ago).
    Only now am I getting these delays with the search function.

Third Team

The slow player search page usually relates to scouting, either too many scout reports or your overall scouting knowledge has reached a point close to maximum & the page is having to load more player information.

On my save the player search screen is currently very responsive as there are only 20,000 known players based on my current scouting knowledge whereas it was slow for a manager who I recently retired as the scouting knowledge he had access to produced a list of 197,000 players.

Youth Team

I do like to scout....
    Although my World knowledge is a mere 49%.

Must be too many scout reports. Probably do 50 individuals per day, on average. As well as all the assigned ones.

First Team Squad Member

It may not be the problem but adding leagues can add too many players to the database. I started with a few leagues loaded around 10 then added 4 more but removed around 8, this resulted in the search screen being nearly unusable.

Moderator and Technical Support

Could be the scout rreports, especially if you have any on roaming assignments. Try deleting the irrelevant ones, but dont do it in too large batches as that has been known to cause crashes- take a game back up before starting.

+ Reply to Thread