Lately the player search screen is taking a VERY long time to load up (2-3 minutes)
Takes a few minutes to select the age category, for example. Then another few minutes to actually select the age. Very annoying.
It's usually no more than 5 seconds. Why might this be? What can I do to get this back to "normal"?
- I'm in 2021
- Database size large
- Running 8 leagues in 5 countries
I started with just the English leagues down to Regional levels.
Now I'm only running down to League 2 - with the added inclusion of Italian, German and Spanish top divisions (which I added about 2 seasons ago).
Only now am I getting these delays with the search function.
The slow player search page usually relates to scouting, either too many scout reports or your overall scouting knowledge has reached a point close to maximum & the page is having to load more player information.
On my save the player search screen is currently very responsive as there are only 20,000 known players based on my current scouting knowledge whereas it was slow for a manager who I recently retired as the scouting knowledge he had access to produced a list of 197,000 players.
It may not be the problem but adding leagues can add too many players to the database. I started with a few leagues loaded around 10 then added 4 more but removed around 8, this resulted in the search screen being nearly unusable.
Could be the scout rreports, especially if you have any on roaming assignments. Try deleting the irrelevant ones, but dont do it in too large batches as that has been known to cause crashes- take a game back up before starting.