Unrealistic targets

I am wondering who actually ticks the box within a shortlist to ignore unrealistic targets? I usually do but on one occasion I didnt and one of the players that I was told was unrealistic accepted my contract offer and I signed him in the January transfer window. From now on i am thinking of leaving that option un-ticked.

I'm interested to hear other people opinions.

I always do as I manage in the lower leagues.

I might miss out on a player, but if he "drowns" in the sea of other totally unrealistic targets, then I probably wouldn't have found him anyways.

I just wish the filter removed foreign players who would have no chance of getting a work permit though. Managing in the BSP in England, it is annoying to see lots of Australians and Canadians and such, with no EU-nationality, being shown in the list. None of which will have any chance of getting a work permit. My AssMan should know this. The same applies to scouts. No reason to show me a 5-star report on a young brazilian, if I have no chance of getting him a work permit.

I usually tick it but if I cannot find a player of good enough quality within those search results then I un-tick it and take a chance. To be fair in real life there would be no way to say for sure who would and wouldn't join you.

I usually tick it but if I cannot find a player of good enough quality within those search results then I un-tick it and take a chance. To be fair in real life there would be no way to say for sure who would and wouldn't join you.

But this is supposed to be a game.

Not everyone has the time to trawl through transfer targets. Some of us work long hours.

But this is supposed to be a game.

Not everyone has the time to trawl through transfer targets. Some of us work long hours.

Then you probably shouldn't play the game at all. Seriously, if you haven't got the extra few minutes it takes, I recommend you to not play any games at all and spend time elsewhere. That's what I would do anyways...

Then you probably shouldn't play the game at all. Seriously, if you haven't got the extra few minutes it takes, I recommend you to not play any games at all and spend time elsewhere. That's what I would do anyways...

Don't be offensive, everybody has the right to play this game as they wish.

I have it ticked, always. I don't want to spend time looking at players who don't want to join me. Besides, it is very realistic. You ask your assistent to filter out unrealistic targets. That's an estimation clubs make in real life as well. They don't bid for players if they think he won't join the club.

I usually do a quick scouting report on a player that I might be interested in and if in the report it says he would have no intention of joining us then i dont bother putting in offers.

Just... lol.

Clueless.

I always do as I manage in the lower leagues.

I just wish the filter removed foreign players who would have no chance of getting a work permit though. Managing in the BSP in England, it is annoying to see lots of Australians and Canadians and such, with no EU-nationality, being shown in the list. None of which will have any chance of getting a work permit. My AssMan should know this. The same applies to scouts. No reason to show me a 5-star report on a young brazilian, if I have no chance of getting him a work permit.

Why not just add "Nationality: EU National" to the filter? It accounts for dual nationalities, too.

I always tick it unless there's a good reason not to - like searching for players whose contracts will expire soonish. They might not want to join me now, but they might want to join me when they get released. You can always use other criteria to filter out totally unrealistic players like their wages or their transfer value.

I haven't got the extra few minutes, should I give up the game as well? I'm lucky if I get 2 hours a week for FM at the moment and those 2 hours are mostly spent watching games and analysing my tactics.

I choose to tick the box to filter out unrealistic targets because it's of less importance to me and in the context can be a large waste of time if you spend those 'extra few minutes' trawling through hundreds of players, making bids and negotiating bids only to get to the contract offer and they all laugh in your face, except maybe one in a hundred.

The ends don't justify the means.

yeah its not black and white... its not 100% interested or 100% not..

the players that are filtered depend on the scout/ass man etc and isnt always 100% accurate..

as has been said, its trying toadd some realism to it :)

and i like it

Yes of course silly me. Should have read the box...

"Can only be played by unemployed, drug dealing scousers who have appeared on the Jeremy Kyle Show in their 1980's shell suit." :D

Archived