+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Releasing Players

Amateur

Default Releasing Players

I've done a forum search but can't find the answer.

Is it a good idea to release duff players? I'm Basingstoke and coming up to January first season. I want to try and improve my wage budget so I can get some Bosman's ready for next season. Problem is that I've got a squad full of duffers that nobody wants to buy (ive offered them to clubs for free)

So my only real option looks like release but does that negatively affect your club finance wise? Will it cause any debt? Also, I remember the old games used to see Boards get upset if you release a lot of players?

Not sure if I should release them or not based on the longer term affects it might have. I can't see any other options really

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Amateur

It willl cost u to release them and the board may block it. Set them to tfr listed, value nil, offer to clubs and cross your fingers

Amateur

When you release a player you have to buyout their contract. That amount will be deducted from your transfer funds. You can offset some of the money you lose, by readjusting your budget after releasing the players.

If you dont have the transfer funds to cover a release, it will negatively impact your status. (Bankrupt, insecure, etc) Depending on your expectations and the overall team status, you can make some strategic gambles in this regard.

Releasing players is a neccesary evil when starting most games.

Amateur

With a lower league club, many of your players are on 1 year contracts. I try and last out the first season then let a load go on a free. Then sign better players to make an attempt at success in the secind season. It's financially more sound than paying to release lots of payers in January.

+ Reply to Thread