Re-Gen Player Locations/Teams

Anybody found teams packed out with 18-21 year olds which ordinarily wouldn't have any players available for the game i.e. small database etc??

I've found Bari and Ascoli on my saved game with full squads available to look through and buy from, some of which are awesome players. All of the Serie A teams have minimal (if any) players available, but these two Serie B teams are full..... not that I'm complaining!!...

... Sergio Navarro of Paraguay, from Ascoli on a bosman. He's now 31 on my saved game and has just gone through 400 games having scored 308 goals!! :D I assume he was a regen as his career started in 2015.

I think it may partly depend on what device you're playing on, since iOS/PSP can load multiple leagues and android cannot. From my personal experience on Android though, most of the top regens keep popping up at Milan, Juventus, Barca and Madrid... Luckily though, they don't seem to value them much unless they're really good from the start, so they're sometimes available for less than 1 mil or even on a free. I did find Beckham's regen at Leicester though...

BTW, you might want to visit FMHvibe for a detailed analysis done by Rafa about player retirements and regens... I found that quite informative...

Thanks Peely. Saw your response on FMHVibe. Not sure if it is though, based on the fact he only plays CF. I'd like to find out more on how you find out who they were for an intrigue point of view. I'm sure there are instructions somewhere, just don't seem to be able to find them..... I have others I'd like to look up, particularly my adv playmaker who is only 21, has now already played 25 times for Spain and has developed a few 20s already. Paid £4.1m from Ascoli (Ascoli again) when he was 18 and had only played six games. Hopefully he's Iniesta's regen!!.......

Dribbling 19

Passing 20

Shooting 15

Tackling 18

Techinique 19

Creativity 19

Decisions 20

Leadership 16

Movement 20

Teamwork 15

Pace 16

Stamina 15

Crossing, Positioning and Strength are fourteen.

His heading is only 8.... what a rubbish player! :D

My personal method for finding regens (copied from a post on FMHVibe):

"Don't rely too heavily on the mental stats as search criteria. I've found that they can vary quite a bit and Leadership and Teamwork are often much lower than on the original player (presumably because the regens are young and inexperienced). I missed some regens for a couple of seasons because I was searching based on high teamwork or leadership. It's probably best not to use those two.

Set the filters a few points lower than the high mental stats on the player you're looking for and then look for players of the same nationality and position.

For example, if I was searching for Totti's regen, I'd set the attribute filter to >13 for creativity, decisions and movement and the main filter to 0-21 years old, Attacker, Centre.

I'd sort by nationality,. flick through to the Italians and look for any AM/SC players. The next step is to see if the mental stats look roughly the same and then check the positions for final confirmation.

If no players matched Totti in the 0-21 age range I'd set the filter to 20-30 and look again. If there are still no matches, the player you're after probably hasn't regenned yet."

Mental stats are usually held up as the best things to filter by, since there seems to be a fair bit of randomisation of the non-mental stats, but as I mention above, some of the mental stats can vary significantly too.

On rare occasions the player's nationality can change, which makes it quite a bit harder to find the regen.

You can use a similar method to identify the original player that spawned a regen, you just need a save from the start of the game so that you can be sure you've got all of the original players in the database.

OK, how is the search actually conducted?..... I'm assuming this is a search on a new game so all the players are the originals at the start? I've created a new game and actually gone straight to Iniesta. He's 27 so assuming he went on for another ten years in my saved game would take it to roughly the time when I bought Martinez. Their stats are very similar to the point they have low(ish) heading and aggression although Iniesta has just 6 for strength even though my Martinez is 12.

Iniesta's / (my) Martinez

Crossing 15 / 14

Dribbling 20 / 19

Heading 9 / 8

Passing 20 / 20

Shooting 15 / 15

Tackling 18 / 18

Technique 20 / 19

Aggression 7 / 12

Creativity 19 / 19

Decisions 20 / 20

Leadership 11 / 16

Movement 20 / 20

Positioning 18 / 14

Teamwork 15 / 15

Pace 15 / 16

Stamina 14 / 15

Strength 6 / 12

Their playing positions are NOT identical Martinez has no left sidedness but both are advanced playmakers......

Martinez generated in 2020. Iniesta is 27, meaning he retired at 35 which I suppose is plausible.

.... therefore would I be right in "assuming" that I have captured Iniesta's re-gen?? I think Martinez is possibly even better as his stats appear to be better at the age of 21 where Iniesta is 27 at the start of a new game!..... I'm well chuffed. £4.1m I paid for him! :D

You need to go to "Player Search", set the main filter to the main position and side of the player you're trying to find the original for (Midfielder & Centre) in the case above.

You could also narrow down by age; given the year that your guy regenned, you're likely looking in the 20-30 age range.

Go to the attribute filter and choose the highest mental stats of the regen, ignoring teamwork and leadership (and maybe aggression). For your player I'd go for Creativity, Decisions and Movement and keep it at "15 and above".

Confirm your filter options and then sort by nationality.

Flip through to the spanish players and look at any M Cs.

Fist see if the mental stats look like a reasonable macth, then compare the positions. Favoured role can change, so the original player may not have been an advanced playmaker by preference, but the positions themself will not change.

If the mental stats look about right and the positions are an exact match, you've found your guy.

OK, how is the search actually conducted?..... I'm assuming this is a search on a new game so all the players are the originals at the start? I've created a new game and actually gone straight to Iniesta. He's 27 so assuming he went on for another ten years in my saved game would take it to roughly the time when I bought Martinez. Their stats are very similar to the point they have low(ish) heading and aggression although Iniesta has just 6 for strength even though my Martinez is 12.

Iniesta's / (my) Martinez

Crossing 15 / 14

Dribbling 20 / 19

Heading 9 / 8

Passing 20 / 20

Shooting 15 / 15

Tackling 18 / 18

Technique 20 / 19

Aggression 7 / 12

Creativity 19 / 19

Decisions 20 / 20

Leadership 11 / 16

Movement 20 / 20

Positioning 18 / 14

Teamwork 15 / 15

Pace 15 / 16

Stamina 14 / 15

Strength 6 / 12

Their playing positions are NOT identical Martinez has no left sidedness but both are advanced playmakers......

Martinez generated in 2020. Iniesta is 27, meaning he retired at 35 which I suppose is plausible.

.... therefore would I be right in "assuming" that I have captured Iniesta's re-gen?? I think Martinez is possibly even better as his stats appear to be better at the age of 21 where Iniesta is 27 at the start of a new game!..... I'm well chuffed. £4.1m I paid for him! :D

If he doesn't have te same position, then he isnt Iniesta. He could be Xavi or maybe Fabregas.

Archived