Players not looking at the ball

Is this issue going to be fixed in the next FM? I see it in almost every game. Cross or long pass gets played and a player turns his back to the ball coming right at him, and the ball bounces off him like a ping pong ball. Just had an own goal scored because my defender, who was in perfect position to clear a low cross, turned and faced the opposite sideline while the ball was in the air and the ball hit him in the back and went in the goal. No striker within 3 yards of him Its infuriating!

I've often thought players put positional responsibilities over the actual position of the ball far too often. Looking at real life, a lot of defensive errors are down to the player being drawn to the ball and forgetting his positional responsibilities, in FM it's all too often the complete opposite.

Is this issue going to be fixed in the next FM? I see it in almost every game. Cross or long pass gets played and a player turns his back to the ball coming right at him, and the ball bounces off him like a ping pong ball. Just had an own goal scored because my defender, who was in perfect position to clear a low cross, turned and faced the opposite sideline while the ball was in the air and the ball hit him in the back and went in the goal. No striker within 3 yards of him Its infuriating!

If you think this needs fixing then post in the Match Engine sub forum of the FM 12 Bugs forum and upload a pkm of the game with the problem highlighted in the thread.

If you think this needs fixing then post in the Match Engine sub forum of the FM 12 Bugs forum and upload a pkm of the game with the problem highlighted in the thread.

I think this is a problem with the ball physics rather than player decision, so as long as SI is concentrating on a new ME, any such complaint in the bugs forum will be pointless.

If the new ME manages to make sure that all 22 players on the pitch are aware of where the ball is and where all the other 21 players are in relation to it, then both this and the "loose/bouncing ball syndrome" will be gone.

Archived