Life after Reading

hullcity4life

Hello guys! You may have read my posts about my times at Reading FC. Well, this thread will highlight my career after Reading. (I tried to do this before, but it deleted itself, so this will be a lot shorter).

De Graafschap

As it turned out, my Graafschap career lasted only 24 days. Won two games, and lost twice aswell, but I didn't have any passion for the club, despite at least five signings. I retired in September.

After the disaster of De Graafschap, I was offered a job at recently relegated League 1 team, Doncaster Rovers, who sat mid-table. I accepted, but once again, this job lasted a very short time. We notched up some good results, but in total, it was only enough to get us from 13th to 11th. Meanwhile, in the Premier League, Arsene Wenger had left Arsenal for Barcelona, which freed up the managerial spot at the Emirates stadium. Despite being an unknown to the Premier League, they must have thought that I had potential, and gave me the job. On my first day in charge, we had an FA Cup meeting with Reading, my old team. Nothing had changed excepth the line-up, and formation, but I was still hoping for a win.

To save time on describing every single game, I will just say what happened in each competition. In the Prem, we won 3 in a row until we played West Ham and Liverpool, losing 1-0 and 3-0 respectively. Then, we picked ourselves up and remained unbeaten in the rest of the competition, but were 5 points behind Man United. We won miraculous games by the slimmest of ins, but a win is a win, and I will take any. As the end of the season approached, we had a stale encounter with Tottenham, and drew 0-0 in a must win game. This gave United a massive help, and they had then gained a seven point advantage. Surely we couldn't win now.

On the last day of the season, we played United. They had already won the league, but this was a chance to show that we were actually the better side. Let's just say, they score three goals, but two of them were in the wrong net. Yes, we won, thanks to two own goals, both from Nemanja Vidic, either side of half-time, but they equalised in between, but Vidic, in front of his own fans, saw the game to bed.

In the Champions League. 1st knockout round 1st leg away-Atletico Madrid 3-0 Arsenal- Very poor game, but picked up in second half,

2nd leg home-Arsenal 4-2 Atletico (Madrid win 5-4 on aggregate)

In the FA Cup, we beat-Reading 1-0 (3rd Round)

-Southampton 2-0 (4th Round)

-Stoke 2-1 (5th Round)

-Man City 2-1 (Quarter Final)

-Chelsea 1-0(Semi Final, thanks to a wonder goal from Fabregas)

We had reached the Final of the cup, against Liverpool, who have become our bogey team. And, I hate to say it, but it stayed that way. We lost 2-1 in a closely fought game, but we never looked like winning.

More updates and pre-season coming soon.

Thanks for Reading.

Archived