“Not all those who wander are lost.”

Welsh Wizard

Welcome to my Journeyman save which I will be splitting my time with my one club/nation focus thread - The Rise of The Dragons

Leagues Loaded(All loaded down to their lowest level.)

• South Africa
  • Australia
  • China
  • U.A.E
  • Qatar
  • South Korea
  • New Zealand
  • Belgium
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Holland
  • Italy
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Scotland
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • Wales
  • Mexico
  • USA
  • Argentina
  • Brazil

Large DB

Loads loaded for my laptop but speed is sacrificed for options.

Manager Profile

CA99B62E8EA6A91E4EAA5A2FDB4E74FF68EABD93

Career History

Clubs

Rio Branco(Brazil) 16/6/11 - 2/11/11 Resigned

Reggiana(Italy) 29/11/11 - 27/05/12 Resigned

Billericay(England) 10/07/12 - 29/05/14

Shanghai Shenhua(China) 15/06/14 - Present

Trophies

BSS League Champions(Billericay) - 2012/13

BSP League Champions(Billericay) - 2013/14

F.A Trophy Champions(Billericay) - 2013/14

Manager of Season

2012/13 - Billericay

2013/14 - Billericay

Job Offers

Had the normal offer from New England which was rejected as is really just to soon.

sendailumiere.jpg

Sendai Lumiere - 9th in J1 after 13 games. I do want to manage in Japan but seems a bit too early. Decent budget and room for a changes.

incheonkorail.jpg

Incheon Korail - 10th out of 14 in the N-League. Would be a good challenge somewhere I have never managed before. Expected to finish 4th. Top 6 go in to a play-off which I know nothing of. Only 3 non-Koreans allowed. Tough challenge and big risk to take as a first job.

No other jobs are open so would have to holiday a month or so more before one becomes free. What do you guys think I should do?

Decide to reject them offers and accepted Rio Branco instead.

riobrancog.jpg

104868.png

Founded: 1919

Repuation: Regional

Nickname: Estrelão (Big Star)

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Finances: Okay

Estimated Value: 200k

Stadium: Arena da Floresta (English: Forest Arena) 10,000 all-seater(20,000 irl)

Training Facilities: Average

Youth Facilities: Basic

Junior Coaching: Adequate

Youth Recruitment: Fairly Basic

Media Prediction: 5th

9267_ori_arena_da_floresta.jpg

They just won the Acre State Championship which it is the capitial of and has won a record 28 times. They are in the 3rd Division which is set to start in nearly 1 month.

squadne.jpg

Squad is very thin and wage budget needs sorting. What mess have I got myself in too?

Rio Branco 2011 3rd Division First Stage Update

firststage.jpg

Only lost was the last game vs Brasiliense but we have been not playing as well as we started as it went on which is a worry.

squadu.jpg

Managed to get most the team needed in but if any big injuries happen then we are in massive trouble. Over wage budget by nearly £700 and 300k in debt.

Main Problem in term of what we got is the STs are not finding the net enough.

secondstage.jpg

Hard group with Brasiliense having beat us and Fortaleza a good side who finish top and Guarany have beat Fortaleza and was just behind them.

Rio Branco 2011 3rd Division End of Season Update

secondstage.jpg

Lost the first 3 games in the second stage which left us with a very little chance. Better form in the second games after changing tactics but just too late.

squadug.jpg

Squad was just too small and injuries did play there part. Julio Cesar was by far the best players and always did something. Nearly 500k in debt now and just getting worst. Next season will be hard. Bleak times ahead :(.

2 November - A contract offer of another year has been rejected and I resigned as the task has just got too much to take Rio Branco anywhere but a long way down. Quite a few jobs are open so hopefully I land on my feet.

29th Nov and after loads of C.Vs being sent around the World A.C. Reggiana 1919 answered my plea for a job. Expected 10th by the media and thats where they are after 14 games with 20 left. A team which has yo-yo'd from B and C for most of is existence Won Serie B for the one and only time in 93 to reach Serie A where it played during the following seasons 1993/94, 1994/95 and 1996/97 13th place in Serie A is it highest finish. It the then drop down and had debt problems before being sold after public demonstration in the streets and squares of Reggio Emilia. On the 13th July 2005 it gets worst and is declared bankrup before getting sold again(From what I have found out with google rubbish translate) In game everything looks fine where money is concerned.

reggiana.jpg

1164.png

Founded: 1919 Refounded 2005

Repuation: Regional

Nickname: Granata (Maroons)

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Estimated Value: 675k

Stadium: Giglio 20,184 all-seater

Training Facilities: Average

Junior Coaching: Adequate

Youth Recruitment: Average

Media Prediction: 10th

l.jpg

A insight in what I plan to have tactics as while in Italy

532/352

532352.jpg

The formation which has recent be seen with Italy in the Euro. The WBs have a massive role in to making the formation work with them needed to get back and defend but also offer the only threat wide. The formation can offer many trangle passes with many options on so I plan to play a slow build up and try to control the middle of the park where it will be used vs teams we can out number in the middle(3vs2). Will likely be set up very wide to create loads of space to get the CMs in play with the center one being my Pirlo and droping to get the ball and take control of the match. the other CMs are given freedom to get up and around the pitch to open up the crowded center when attacking but on the Defence we will be nice and compact. At the back with the 3 CBs unsure wether to set the old way with a zonal CB sweeper/cover player and two man makers or the modern flat zonal def line and and a cover CB. Upfront will have a TM or #10 droping deep and a runner inbehind. Will only be used vs teams with 2 STs to get the most out of it.

42121/433

42121433.jpg

Made to give an option vs 1 ST formations to match fire with fire. 2 deep players to grap control and enable a easy switch from the 532/352 to combat it's weakness. Will be a quick and fluid attack aiming to get the ball outwide and attack the likely attack minded FBs/WBs or to drag CBs outwide. The CMs are flexable to change if vs DMs or AMs.

Easy to talk about getting to work at this level will be a different issue all together.

Reggiana January 2012 Update

resultsg.jpg

tablelo.jpg

A mix bag of results but I'm quite upbeat about it. I really think we are hitting a turning point we are now 4231 with CMs and RAM/CAM/LAM after I felt 352/532 was just not right for the players I had but is something for the future maybe. The attacking play has been really good with some great one-touch play but we need to tighten up a bit, if we do I really think we can really go somewhere.

55ED923D24CF64755A9634A2BC84FF2B0BE94130

My time in brazil and gain in knowledge has really helped. Japa is one of the best poachers I have seen based on his play. Seems to get in right positions none stop, great runs off the AM and a killer shot on him. Doing great so far will be key to where we finish up.

I'm already planning ahead about my future and I'm considering leaving again if I'm even offered a new contract unless we get promoted and even then I may get tempt for a BSP/L2 side. I feel I need a GB job before going aboard again. Could quite easily change my mind. I enjoy managing in Italy but wether Reggiana is the right club is another question.

Reggiana 2011/12 End of Season Update

resultseu.jpg

tableh.jpg

Just missed out on top spot by 3 pts just glad it was not 1 as we should of beat Monza. We now face Carpi in the play-offs over 2 legs.

squadl.jpg

We owe so much to Japa's goals many of which he created himself with his crazy runs.

On my future I have been offered a new 1 year deal which I delayed untill end of season. My hometown club(Wrexham) may become a option as Andy Morrell in under pressure after only finishing 10th. Declared my interest and looks like I've got a big chance of getting it if it becomes free if it does not it's very likely I will stick around unless anything else catches my eye.

Good run of form to finish the regular season.

Thanks.

Lost the Play-off semi 1-0 and 1-0. Just couldn't take our chances.

I have resigned but was too late for the Wrexham job as now is secure after being very insecure due to a F.A Trophy win. Will update on what offers I get.

Was offered Haverfordwest in Wales, a few C2 sides which just came up in Italy but I have decided to join Billericay Town on a 3 year deal rather than the 1 year they offered me.

4002011.png

Founded: 1880

Repuation: Obscure

Nickname: Ricay

Chairman Status: Enjoying life at the club

Estimated Value: 170k

Stadium: New Lodge 3,500 (424 seated)

Training Facilities: Fairly Basic

Youth Facilities: Minimal(rented)

Junior Coaching: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Limited

Media Prediction: 22nd

You had a good run, albiet short run in Italy. Welcome to England.

Yeah both clubs have been good times about achieved what was expected at Rio Branco, Overachived at Reggiana and really turn things around but both has similar problems with the next season likely being 100% bad due too many reason with the main being massive debts. Billericay may be a step down but I see it as a step back. Back where I know the ins and outs. A year on so can use dafuge challenge experience and hopefully have quite a few good season at least.

Billericay August 2012 Update

resultsy.jpg

tablepb.jpg

A great start. Thin squad with little wage left but hopefully get some of the better players if/when they become interested. Early days but I have high hopes for this season.

Transfers

GK - Billy Turley - Had a few GKs I could of gone for but went for Billy as he is very experienced and would fill the slot in the short term before better GKs become interested later in the season as with every position.

RB - Calum Burns - Best Def option I could find who wanted to come only on £50pw so great value so far.

CB - Martin John - Gambian/Canadian/English my first International player which could be good or bad. Has been at Ottawa Fury in USA, Argentinos in Argentina, Cardiff and Newport in Wales, Patrick Thistle in Scotland and now here.

CB - Michael McColl - South African/English Like John not very tall but good solid CB. Likely try to get him as my coach as looks a good Def coach.

LB - Joe Guest - Was hard to get a LB in but the ex-Crewe man has done a decent job but likely be first place I try to improve out of the def.

RM - Callum Chambers - From the famed Southampton academy at only 17 looks a decent player already.

CM - Jordan Sinnott - Sits the deeper of the CMs and has done very well so far.

CM - Jason Dobbs - The former Nowich man doesn't look much but is do a decent job bridging the gap with Roberts to get attacks going.

ST - Mark Roberts - Very experienced and a player I have had before. Did play him as a DLP before but decided to him give loads of freedom in this team and he has been the trequartista which has worked to great effect.

ST - Victor Zapata-Caicedo - Can run with the ball well but his composure stops him being a great poacher. Gets goals but misses a few first.

Billericay Mid-season(Sept-December) Update 2012/13

resultsi.jpg

resultsc.jpg

tablezi.jpg

Sitting 2nd with a point off top spot. Small runs have been put together but have been dropping stupid points by throwing leads away in games we seem comfortable. Home form has been great with only points dropped in the draws with the losses coming when away. In a very good position but would love to get that one auto promotion place and I think we can kick-on.

New players will follow.

Transfers

Simon Locke - GK - Reading player who was on loan in the BSP last season and did ok. Alot younger and just about better than Turley but has made quite a few mistakes missed out on Sam Walker to a BSN side but keeping tabs on a simliar GK who I would like to bring in.

Connor Brown - RB - Was weaks area of the team with LM but is now one of the strongest with Connor Brown a new signing but looks a very good one.

Craig McKeown - CB - Experienced at Clyde and Dundee in Scotland and improved the Def straight away.

Chris Smith - CB - Was at Rangers before dropping down a few leagues. Like McKeown instantly improved the Def.

Ross McKinnon - LB - Great def would like someone a bit better attacking for this tactic but he does the job.

Jack Dunn - CM - Liverpool youth player who was getting chased by L1 sides but managed to get him without them bidding for him. Great signing who I tracked for a while.

Jake Nicholson - CM - The ex-Spur player has made CM his own and one of the best players in the team.

Ryan Scanlon - MLC - Can play outwide or in the center does give me options which is need with games back to back.

Ahmad Benali - AMC - Brought in to give Roberts some rest. Started very slowly but has started to pick up. International with Libya who I hope doesn't make him miss games for us.

Michael Ngoo - AML/ST - Gives a different option in attack and can also play AML which is in my new formation and his height and heading sill get used there. We lack to players to give him the service but think he will still get a few headers while at AML. I have had him in the past and found it hard to play at his best.

James Spray - Brought in to help take the burden off Victor but has been getting shoehorned in to other positions due to a run of games and lack of team condition hopefully can get more goals.

Billericay End Of Season Update 2012/13

Fixtures

1F930A2A33AE885405B0036C188DAC7A8A8804FF

Table

C2B642D7DDF468D79D87BCE26384F2B332A8D232

Great season finishing as Champions and getting that vital one auto promotion place to BSP. Decent runs in the cups but got stopped in both by Ebbsfleet who finished 17th in the BSP.

Squad

Finances

Facilities

Victor Zapata-Caicedo was the main player getting most of the goals and win games on his own many times.

Finances not too bad and have seen alot worst.

New stadium getting built and should be ready after next season.

Billericay November - January 2013/14 Update

Fixtures

FB582311E80EC6B05595A15888373CBC26B38F86

Table

35A0BDAF70B7C01DF4F54251995BBC1013AF3530

Looking great so far and have only loss the once early in the season. Just the one promotion place so key we hold on to that than risk the play-offs. Great run in the F.A Cup which includes a great win vs L1 side Notts County and a 1-0 loss to the money spinner game vs Chelsea but should of been alot more as they dominated. Still going strong in the F.A Trophy.

Transfers

Only one player in but will add more speed inbehind and allow me to rest Victor abit more as Ngoo has been made to play AML loads due to major injuries.

Michael Hoganson

Billericay End Of Season Update 2013/14

Fixtures

27A610832BF81F5227B4EF6FFAAEA00AE4BC0B6B

Table

5CD2FACB062172BB32C48DE6AC1A91B3D5C9BCCE

Great season finishing as Champions and going in to the football league. It looked like we were running away with it and was a big gap between 2nd but the draws kept coming and Wrexham kept the pressure on. Won the F.A Trophy with Lincoln being the best ranked team and a shock final vs Solihull who finished 10th in the BSN who took us in to E.T even with being a man short for most of the match had to good all out to finish them of but they still managed to get it to 2-1.

Squad

Finances

Victor Zapata-Caicedo was again able to get the goals.

Finances are look very good mainly down to the runs in the Cups but the league prize wasn't to ba either.

In a somewhat shock move I have resigned and took the job at Shanghai Shenhua on the Chinese Super League which is rated lower than L2

shenhua.jpg

414k.png

Founded: 1993

1951 as East China team

1957 as Shanghai FC

1993 as Shanghai Shenhua

Repuation: National

Chairman Status: Happy to stay

Estimated Value: 850k (1.7m loan debt)

Stadium: Hongkou Football Stadium 28,000 all-seated

Training Facilities: Good

Junior Coaching: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Fairly Basic

Media Prediction: 9th

00002308.jpg

Shame I don't have Drogba or Anelka. But I like the stadium :D

As you can see from the Job offer wages are 10k over budget which will need sorting. 13 games in we are 13th out of 16 and bottom 2 are relegated.

Squad is very lite and most if not all of the better players are on high wages. Finances are also not very good. 1st season aim is to stay up and improve the finances.

67B8B16D4837E04F7330E410239CA2C116DD0384

DCF4BD210A768C43AEFEBF59F06AD60C5E3A2995

A quick break down of the foreign players league rules.

6 Foreign players allowed

5 only in Match Squad

4 only in First XI (1 has to be Asian)

No foreign GK allowed

Macau

Chinese Taipei

Hong Kong

Count as Chinese

Archived