Andrea Pirlo

Italy will be tired against Germany and will therefore be in a disadvantageous situation. So, I may as well start this now.

What a great player. What a legendary man. What a magnificent footballer.

I think, you know, what was going on in his mind was, "Well, Riccardo missed. We may go out. I may as well try this now so that we can go home with something to remind everyone!"

Was wonderful to watch tonight. Could have been sitting in an armchair and still controlled the game. So, so good.

I think that penalty must have given his teammates a huge confidence boost, and helped them win the shootout. Real leadership.

I think most players could have controlled the game against England's midfield - they stand off and watch!

Pirlo has been brilliant for many, many years - but after he plays an above-average game against the 'mighty' England everyone should be talking about him? Engand have made every team look better than they are this tournament.

I think most players could have controlled the game against England's midfield - they stand off and watch!

Pirlo has been brilliant for many, many years - but after he plays an above-average game against the 'mighty' England everyone should be talking about him? Engand have made every team look better than they are this tournament.

This pretty much, theres not another team in the tournament that would let him just stroll around the pitch. Quality player no doubt about it whatsoever but we made him look like a world beater tonight and the germanys and the spains of the world wont do that.

We just lack that culture that promotes technical football. Pirlo is the archetype for a complete technical player. Not physically strong, no extreme pace or acceleration....no genetic advantage like most top class sportsman and athletes- but he is technically gifted beyond anything England players can understand. Like the South American and Spanish contingent. Football that doesn't require work rate, resilience and resolve to win a match. Just pure technical ability.

England players are so far from that it's unreal. Our best football clubs in the EPL acquire foreign players to add the final technical touch to make us world class. English players create the groundwork, and the cultured foreigners provide the final touch.

It shows with our national team. We just don't have the basic touch, finesse, flair or technique to truly dominate football matches.

This pretty much, theres not another team in the tournament that would let him just stroll around the pitch. Quality player no doubt about it whatsoever but we made him look like a world beater tonight and the germanys and the spains of the world wont do that.

He was pretty great against Spain too. Maybe you missed his left-footed pass to Di Natale for Italy's goal?

Can everyone join me in a moment of: Whoooooooooosh! Thank-you.

Anyway, it's a shame (for England) that England's Pirlo got so fed up with England he retired. Very amusing to read "Why can't England produce a player like Pirlo?" articles and tweets.

When did ox play against Pirlo in the CL?
???? Pirlo doesn't play for Milan anymore
Juventus never played Arsenal for some time now in Europe.
He hasn't. Pirlo plays for a different team and Ambrosini was suspended for that game.
Yeah I know, its why I quoted him to ask what reality he was in :D

Jheez, wake up fellas. :rollyeyes:

Can everyone join me in a moment of: Whoooooooooosh! Thank-you.

Anyway, it's a shame (for England) that England's Pirlo got so fed up with England he retired. Very amusing to read "Why can't England produce a player like Pirlo?" articles and tweets.

All very well producing one like Pirlo, but Carrick is nowhere near the quality of Andrea Pirlo, Scholes has the passing ability to match him though I already commented in a few threads he should have been taken along.

EDIT: Realised your comment could be interpreted as either Scholes or Carrick.

Pirlo's class :thup: Probably been the best player of the tournament so far to be honest although Ronaldo has been carrying Portugal through the last couple of games.

Phil Brown just done a classic quote about him...

:D

Played well against a poor side.

I do not consider England to be poor. Mr. Hodgson knows Italian football, and he knew perfectly well that Italy has trouble against teams that are close in defense. Eventually it went wrong because he only lost on penalties. If England had played in the classic "English-style", great rides and cross-hand lanes, I believe that Italy would take away the match well before 90 minutes. In any case I have to do a little note. You all talk so much outside of Italy about Italian-style module. To apply it we want great tactical cunning, and great great defensive system restarts. I have not really seen any of this against Italy.

Archived