Lincs and Humber database Immingham Signup 2012 Game Thread

Lincs & Humber 2012 Immingham Signup Game Thread

by Nine_Iron

The Background

The Nation of United Lincolnshire and Humberside has split from England. It takes the area around Hull to as far north as Beverley to the southern limits of Lincolnshire. The Capital is Lincoln and the national stadium is the K.C Stadium in Hull. It has riches from oil and food export. The standard of football is quite poor, the league rules have been designed to keep competition close. The non signup database can be found here.

Immingham

Originally formed in 1976 they are based at St Andrews, a 2000 capacity ground with 400 seats. They have minimal additional facilities and no links to other clubs.

The club is tipped for relegation and from a small town of only 15,000 attendance will be a deciding factor.. The club's nickname is the "Dockers" because of the local port where many fans earn their entrance fee. Their local rivals are promotion contenders Grimsby Borough and league stragglers Cleethorpes Town who both play in the same division.

The Rivals

Grimsby Borough

Based deep in the suburbs of Grimsby this recently formed team has strong links with Grimsby Town FC, a handfull of ex Grimsby players have joined the squad including:

Andy Taylor- a quick and talent striker who never quite made the big time.

Nathon Emson -a tireless midfielder from the Grimsby youth ranks

Josh Fuller - a young winger who left before the formation of the new nation

Plus new signing of:

Danny Freeman - a Grimsby youth graduate striker looking for his way in football

John Rowan - Ex Grimsby first teamer

Drew Rhodes - Long term Grimsby left midfielder

Cleethorpes Town

Another local rival from a little further down the coast. Rumour has it that a rich local business man has put a sponsor on the shirt and pumped money into the club to improve as much as possible. There is even talk of a bid to move into Blundell Park when Grimsby vacate for their new stadium. What will become of this is quite the unknown and anything could happen!

Thread Details

The current plan is to run one season and see what can happen. I am going to update about three times a week covering a couple of games at a time (to ensure some are not left too far behind). This should progress us through the 30 or so games fairly quickly (depending on how well the cups go). My current situation means I have plenty of free time apart from the usual 9-5 grind of work. If anyone has any specific suggestions or requests please feel free to post, I encourage you to stay active in the thread as this will help me keep to my schedule.

I believe you guys make the signup great, I just feed you the detail! So participate, comment, be active!

So... Can Immingham pip their local rivals to stay safe? Can they outperform their rivals in the cups? Can they beat Grimsby Borough and get promotion?

Your players will decide!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players:

1.GK: Mike Nevo / Tactic Master

2.GK: Luke Doyle/ RocknRollpear's friend -Forum name TBA, he might join soon but I hope he follows this

3.DR/C: Jim Bowman / JimBowmanUK

4.WBR/DR: Martin Steeper / RocknRollpear

5.WBL/DL: Nathan Walker / NathWalker

6.DL/C: Chris Warrington / Mighty Mariner

7.SW/DC: John Harkness / Jaded

8.DC: Leo Curtis / as260191

9.DM: David Ginsberg / David Corperial

10.DM/MC: Kevin O'Harper / 18Rabbit

11.MC: Baba Ginoosh / Babaginoosh

12.MC: Andy Stewart / AndyEs

13.MC/AMC: Teran Fong / terrance123470

14.MR:Steve Duffy / duffy89

15.ML:Han Sol Geni/ toonbalmy87

16.MR/AMR: Johnnes Netto / letisserandhenryaregreat

17.ML/AML: Richard Hull / ri916

18:AMC/ST: Jake Stothard / stothy

19.ST: Ben Smith / gooner83

20.ST:Ben Talbott / Braumiller

21.ST: Martyn James / Marty78

Press Announcements

Form for Player and Fan interviews can be found here

Slow progress expected from now on due to only having internet every other weekend. Season is almost over, second season will not be run but save file will be available for download starting on day 1 of season 2- expected by the end of August.

Top Goals

The best goals scored so far:

1. Stothard vs Hall Road Rangers -

2. Stothard vs Louth Town -

3. Smith vs Louth Town -

4. Harkness vs Hessle Rangers -

5. Ginsberg vs Appleby Frodingham -

6. Geni vs Skegness -

7. Talbott vs Skegness -

8. Geni vs North Ferriby -

9. Talbott vs Chalk Lane -

10. Talbott vs Hodgesons FC -

11. Fong vs Hodgesons FC -

12. Stothard vs Cleethorpes -

13. Ben Smith vs Easinton United -

14. Steve Duffy vs Goole -

Club Player Awards and Acheivements- Voting Closes at the end of Friday the 10th of August

2011 Blog Player of the season- Vote here

2011 Blog Goal of the Season- Vote here

League Player Awards and Acheivements

Player of the Season 3rd Place: David Ginsberg

Team of the Season: Jason Stothard and John Harkness

Young Player of the Season: Ben Talbott

Manager of the Season: John Harkness

Club Acheivements

2011 Humber Cup Champions

2011/12 National Division 1 Champions

-ITFC Official Blog-

Introduction

Hello all followers, thanks for signing up to my blog. My name is Tom and I am the official blogger for Immingham Town Football Club. As you already know we are preparing for our first season in a new league. Recent independence for Lincolnshire and Humberside has given local football teams and players a chance to shine on a national stage.

The club has signed some local and regional youth talent as well as some pub team "stars".

Simon Ridley, the club chairman has appointed his staff, Peter Hockless is the caretaker manager/assistant manager and he is accompanied by a coach, Ollie Atkinson and a physio, Michael Grimes.

The board agreed that money was better spent on the new ground and facilities so there is nothing left for transfers. The squad has been selected from keen locally based players who impressed when scouted or in trials held at the club. We appear to have been a popular choice for young unsigned players, we believe this is because of our modern high tech approach. We have embraced social media and the internet, focussing around this blog. Players believe this is a good way to get noticed by their second nationalities for international football or for bigger clubs. We hope we can hang on to as many players as possible by offering them what they need to enjoy a career in football.

Monday the 4th July 2011- First Blog update

Yawn! Good morning followers! I am summarising the first day at the club. Early this morning I began with my first task, watching the first team players arrive for their first meeting and training session!

6.45am- The crunching of the gravel in the car park woke me up more than the watery coffee I was sipping. A steady stream of scooters, bicycles and cars started about an hour before the meeting time of 7.30am. By the look on some of these teenagers faces I bet this is the earliest they have got up in quite a few years!

8.40am- The first meeting is over, the chairman outlined the rules of the club and the league, introduced key staff and gave a quick tour of the venue, parents now dash for the cafe for a caffine injection while the players head off to get changed ahead of the first training session!

9.00am- As the players emerged out onto the pitch, with the sun warming their backs, I saw their energy for the first time. It seemed as if every one of them was born for the task ahead. Gathering around Peter Hockless, the caretaker manager, as he gives them a pep talk. As they begin their warmup session I manage to grab a few to talk to:

Ben Smith-

Q: Ben, as the oldest member of the current squad, what do you see your role as?

A: I feel I am a good candidate for captaincy, I feel I can use my experience to lead from the front.

Q: Do you think you can score a lot this season?

A: I feel confident, I want to give my main rivals in the club a good run but I really want to beat our rival teams star, Andy Taylor.

Han Sol Geni-

Q: Interesting name and wow, tall lad for 15.

A: Yes, I have roots in Luxembourg, I have my sights set on playing for them one day

Q: Are you not interested in this nation?

A: There are many talented players who deserve a chance, I feel more pride for my true home nation. No offence to Lincs & Humber. I wish them all the best.

9.15am- After setting up the players for training, Peter Hockless had a quick interview with the local media. He stated he is happy with the current squad and wants to focus equally on all competitions, success in both the league and the cups would mean a dream start for the club.

Wednesday the 6th of July- 12.00pm-

Lunchtime! Just kidding, its actually hard work time as the club announces the fixture list for the season.

After 5 friendly games and one intra squad friendly over the next 8 weeks the first game will kick off on the last day of August, a Humber cup match against Spalding. Our first rival encounters are due in September and October with the season closing out against Appleby Frodingham in April.

3.30pm- Good news is no injuries in the first few training sessions! Some stiff legs on the morning after but Peter likes to work 'em hard!

Rival News

Cleethorpes

Dean Windass has been confirmed as the new manager for our rival club, he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to what is a side yet to be moulded.

A kit sponsor has been announced bringing a fair whack of money to the club, they also announce links with Chelsea. I smell some brown envelopes full of money being exchanged under the table here! I do hope I don't get in trouble for saying that! I am not accusing anyone, I just have my suspicions!

Grimsby Borough

Have signed midfielder Nathan Would to go with a host of other ex Grimsby players, it seems if Grimsby is not an option then the Wilderness Boys are 2nd choice!

Thursday the 7th July 2011- First Match!

5.00pm- An intra squad friendly is being held tonight at 7.30

A first team squad will face the reserves made mainly from the youth and Sunday league team. David Ginsberg and Teron Fong are featured among the reserves. Hopefully they can impress and get a first team spot in the future. I will report on this after the game, must dash as I have to prepare for watching the game!

Many thanks to all for subscribing to this blog, I hope you have enjoyed the first few days updates!

Looks awesome nine very well done

:thup:

BTW not all going to be that wordy! Got to set the scene really or no one has any idea what is going on! I hope I have given a good idea of how the story is starting out. Hopefully most will have a chance to read this and the updates later tonight before I get into the season proper later this week. I have no actual schedule for posting but I should be able to put up two or three a week covering major events and matches.

Didn't sign up but will be following for sure great idea and Brill blog format! Good work 9

It filled up pretty quickly actually, I was very surprised! I hope you can still get some enjoyment, this is going to give me something to do on my currently empty evenings. I wish I had put in more slots but I also did not want to overstretch myself on my first signup for 6 years! (and my second only every)

-ITFC Official Blog #2-

Friday 8th July- Intra Squad Friendly

12.01am

Match review below, posting here just as I head off to bed.

Immingham 4 - 2 Immingham Reserves

Attendance- Staff Only

Immingham
| No.       | S         | Name             | Inf.      | Con       | Rat       | Gls       | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1         |           | Mike Nevo        | sub 56    | 90%       | 6.8       |           | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2         |           | Martin Steeper   |           | 71%       | 6.9       |           | 
| 5         |           | Jim Bowman       | sub 61    | 85%       | 6.9       |           | 
| 4         |           | Leo Curtis (c)   |           | 73%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 3         |           | Chris Warrington | sub 45    | 79%       | 5.8       |           | 
| 7         |           | Johannes Netto   |           | 63%       | 8.9       | 2         | MoM
| 6         |           | Andy Stewart     | sub 45    | 80%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 8         |           | Baba Ginoosh     |           | 73%       | 6.9       |           | 
| 11        |           | Han Sol Geni     |           | 67%       | 7.1       |           | 
| 9         |           | Ben Talbott      | sub 51    | 80%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 10        |           | Ben Smith        |           | 70%       | 7.6       |           | 
| 12        |           | Luke Doyle       | on 56     | 90%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 14        |           | John Harkness    | on 61     | 89%       | 6.9       |           | 
| 15        |           | Kevin O'Harper   | on 45     | 80%       | 7.6       | 1         | 
| 16        |           | Jake Stothard    | on 51     | 80%       | 8.0       | 1         | 
| 17        |           | Nathan Walker    | on 45     | 82%       | 7.0       |           | 
|           |           |                  |           |           |           |           | 

Immingham Reserves

| No.       | S         | Name            | Inf.      | Con       | Rat       | Gls       | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 

| 6         |           | David Ginsberg  | sub 85    | 59%       | 6.9       |           | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|  
| 10        |           | Teron Fong (c)  |           | 68%       | 6.6       |           | 

Playing out on a lovely summers evening Netto got Immingham off to a flyer with a goal on 3 minutes. The reserves then hit back 7 mintues later. Just before half time the reserves pipped infront. The second half was a different story Netto bagged his second to bring the game level from close range. O'Harper's edge of the box shot sneaked in to make it 3-2 before the substitute Stothard made it 4 in the 3rd minute of added time with a simple tap in.

Hockless commented that of the reserves Fong impressed him the most and a place in the first team might not be far off for the youngster.

The only injury to report was to fellow youngster David Ginsberg who will be out for two weeks with a bruised rib. Not looking like breaking into the first team I doubt it will impact his early season much and he should return for the under 18s as soon as he is fit.

Friday the 15th of July- Second Friendly Match

11.00am

John Harkness signs a professional contract with Immingham, watched by his his immediate family while sporting a huge grin he put pen to paper on a two year contract.

3.00pm

Immingham play out a bore draw with National Division 2 side Bourne town.

Immingham 0 - 0 Bourne Town

Attendance-24

Immingham

| No.       | S         | Name             | Inf.      | Con       | Rat       | Gls       | 
| 1         |           | Mike Nevo        | sub 54    | 97%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 2         |           | Martin Steeper   | off 73    | 80%       | 7.2       |           | 
| 5         |           | Jim Bowman       | sub 54    | 92%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 4         |           | Leo Curtis (c)   |           | 74%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 3         |           | Chris Warrington | sub 45    | 81%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 7         |           | Johannes Netto   | inj 3     | 93%       |           |           | 
| 6         |           | Andy Stewart     | sub 54    | 82%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 8         |           | Baba Ginoosh     | sub 54    | 87%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 11        |           | Han Sol Geni     | sub 54    | 81%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 9         |           | Ben Talbott      | sub 45    | 83%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 10        |           | Ben Smith        | sub 71    | 79%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 12        |           | Luke Doyle       | on 54     | 96%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 14        |           | John Harkness    | on 54     | 89%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 15        |           | Kevin O'Harper   | on 45     | 80%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 16        |           | Martyn James     | on 45     | 72%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 17        |           | Teron Fong       | on 71     | 94%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 18        |           | Nathan Walker    | on 3      | 78%       | 7.1       |           | 
| 19        |           | Steve Duffy      | on 54     | 87%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 20        |           | Richard Hull     | on 54     | 85%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 21        |           | David Ginsberg   | on 76     | 60%       |           |           | 
| 22        |           | Jake Stothard    | inj 76    | 88%       | 6.6       |           | 
|           |           |                  |           |           |           |           | 

Jo Netto limped off after just 3 minutes and taken to hospital for with a suspected broken leg. Martin Steeper took an early bath at 73 minutes and quickly after Stothard was injured on 76 minutes. Out of 11 shots there was only one shot on targe on 23 minutes. Better is expected next time!

Saturday the 16th of July

8.30 am

Breakfast at the club was met with mixed news. Firstly Stothard reported to the club with a neck complaint and after assesment he was sent to a specialist. Out for up to 3 weeks!

Secondly something slightly better, Netto after spending a night at the hospital for suspected complications he was downgreaded to a serious sprain of the ankle. Out for two months, a bitter blow to one of the clubs brightest prospects.

The morning paper reports that taking the place of Netto as the clubs young star will be Han Sol Geni.

A lot to digest with breakfast!

Rival News

Cleethorpes

A mixed start to their friendlies with two losses and a win.

Grimsby Borough

Appoint the untested Scottish Manager Colin Ferguson as their manager. At 45 he is at the perfect point in his career to take over a budding young squad.

Also start poorly with two losses.

Would like to see a better performance from Nevo, although he is only young.

As is a lot of the league, I doubt he will struggle when he finds his rhythm when the league games start coming.

I have not checked the players stats out yet, I can see from the ratings who might be the stand out players but I can tell you no one is left miles behind, they are at least average quality for the league.

How exactly things will pan out I am not sure, my last testing of performance was a long time ago, since then its just been stability testing. Anything could happen!

As is a lot of the league, I doubt he will struggle when he finds his rhythm when the league games start coming.

I have not checked the players stats out yet, I can see from the ratings who might be the stand out players but I can tell you no one is left miles behind, they are at least average quality for the league.

How exactly things will pan out I am not sure, my last testing of performance was a long time ago, since then its just been stability testing. Anything could happen!

You can only do what the game lets you do :) I'm hoping to make that number 1 shirt my own though!

Here is a squad overview

| Pkd   | Inf   | Name             | Birth City     | Position   | Nat   | 2nd Nat | Height| Weight       | Age   | Value | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -     |       | Mike Nevo        | Boston         | GK         | HUM   | SMR     | 6'6"  | 12 st 10 lbs | 16    | £180  | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -     |       | Luke Doyle       | Lincoln        | GK         | HUM   | IRL     | 6'7"  | 15 st 10 lbs | 17    | £180  | 
| -     |       | John Harkness    | Grimsby        | SW, D (C)  | HUM   | -       | 6'3"  | 14 st 9 lbs  | 16    | -     | 
| -     |       | Jim Bowman       | Market Deeping | D (RC)     | HUM   | SCO     | 6'3"  | 11 st 13 lbs | 16    | £80   | 
| -     |       | Chris Warrington | Grimsby        | D (LC)     | HUM   | -       | 6'3"  | 11 st 11 lbs | 18    | £180  | 
| -     |       | Leo Curtis       | Hull           | D (C)      | HUM   | -       | 6'4"  | 17 st 6 lbs  | 17    | £180  | 
| -     |       | Martin Steeper   | Doncaster      | D/WB (R)   | HUM   | -       | 5'11" | 11 st 0 lbs  | 17    | £180  | 
| -     |       | Nathan Walker    | Skegness       | D/WB (L)   | HUM   | BEL     | 5'9"  | 12 st 8 lbs  | 16    | £180  | 
| -     | Yth   | David Ginsberg   | Stamford       | DM         | HUM   | -       | 6'3"  | 12 st 10 lbs | 14    | £85   | 
| -     | Yth   | Kevin O'Harper   | Skegness       | DM, M (C)  | HUM   | IRL     | 6'3"  | 13 st 5 lbs  | 15    | £90   | 
| -     | Yth   | Steve Duffy      | Immingham      | M (R)      | HUM   | SCO     | 5'11" | 12 st 3 lbs  | 15    | £100  | 
| -     | Yth   | Han Sol Geni     | Dunswell       | M (L)      | HUM   | LUX     | 6'4"  | 14 st 9 lbs  | 15    | £180  | 
| -     | Yth   | Baba Ginoosh     | Spalding       | M (C)      | HUM   | GRE     | 6'3"  | 13 st 9 lbs  | 15    | £180  | 
| -     |       | Andy Stewart     | Skegness       | M (C)      | HUM   | SCO     | 6'1"  | 13 st 7 lbs  | 20    | £180  | 
| -     | Inj   | Johannes Netto   | Spalding       | M/AM (R)   | HUM   | SWE     | 6'2"  | 10 st 9 lbs  | 14    | £180  | 
| -     |       | Richard Hull     | Hull           | M/AM (L)   | HUM   | SEY     | 5'1"  | 8 st 9 lbs   | 16    | £110  | 
| -     | Yth   | Teron Fong       | Hull           | M/AM (C)   | HUM   | HKG     | 5'11" | 11 st 0 lbs  | 14    | £130  | 
| -     | Inj   | Jake Stothard    | Doncaster      | AM (C), ST | HUM   | ENG     | 6'11" | 15 st 10 lbs | 17    | -     | 
| -     |       | Ben Smith        | Market Rasen   | ST         | HUM   | ENG     | 5'10" | 11 st 0 lbs  | 27    | £180  | 
| -     | Yth   | Ben Talbott      | Mablethorpe    | ST         | HUM   | USA     | 6'0"  | 12 st 8 lbs  | 15    | £180  | 
| -     |       | Martyn James     | Market Rasen   | ST         | HUM   | IRL     | 5'11" | 12 st 12 lbs | 16    | £180  | 
|       |       |                  |                |            |       |         |       |              |       |       | 

That right back Steeper looks pretty handy ( :

Good report. Out of interest, what will funds be like with gates etc? Is it likely anyone will be replaced with 'foreign' imports as far as......Yorkshire etc?

The squad will be kept together for at least the first season where possible. I suspect the GK battle will be close, the stats look pretty similar. As for the gates, no idea! We shall see, the friendlies are usually pretty low attendance.

I have fully tested the attendances for the download version of this database available from the link in the first post. All teams do well enough financially to progress but not get overly rich.

-ITFC Official Blog #3-

Monday 25th July- 3rd friendly

10.00pm

Two days ago David Ginsberg put in a good 7.2 rating performance for the U18s, scoring a penalty in a draw 1-1 against Goole U18s. Fong also played but rated 5.9 in a disappointing display by the youngster. Today they feature in the main squad.

Immingham 3 – 0 Sleaford Town

Attendance: 34

| 1         |           | Mike Nevo        | sub 45    | 97%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 2         |           | Martin Steeper   | inj 50    | 61%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 4         |           | Chris Warrington | sub 45    | 90%       | 6.2       |           | 
| 5         |           | John Harkness    |           | 80%       | 7.6       |           | 
| 3         |           | Nathan Walker    |           | 78%       | 7.2       |           | 
| 7         |           | Steve Duffy      | inj 45    | 64%       | 7.7       |           | 
| 8         |           | Kevin O'Harper   |           | 74%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 6         |           | Andy Stewart (c) |           | 81%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 11        |           | Han Sol Geni     | sub 63    | 85%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 9         |           | Martyn James     |           | 74%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 10        |           | Ben Talbott      |           | 76%       | 8.1       | 1         | MoM
| 12        |           | Luke Doyle       | on 45     | 96%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 14        |           | Jim Bowman       | on 45     | 89%       | 7.4       | 1         | 
| 15        |           | Teron Fong       | on 45     | 66%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 16        |           | David Ginsberg   | on 50     | 57%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 17        |           | Richard Hull     | on 63     | 91%       | 7.4       | 1         | 

A well rounded performance saw Immingham come out very much on top of Championship side Sleaford Town. Ben Talbott opened the scoring on 42 minutes before Jim Bowman leapt above the defence to double the lead on 57 mins. Sleaford went a man down as the clock ran out leaving Richard Hull to score from the resulting free kick the edge of the box. Two knocks to first teams put them out for just a few days each.

Stothard watched the game from the stands, he is expected back in training in just 3 days.

Friday the 29th of July

U18s captain David Ginsberg had a poor game as Immingham U18s drew again 1 - 1 with Barton Old Boys. Teron Fong also featured but was unimpressive.

First team news is that influential youngsters Leo Curtis and Chris Warrington have been picked as Captain and Vice Captain respectively. This comes as a surprise as the older candidate Ben Smith was a hot favourite. The choice comes after watching how players interact in training and the natural leaders have won out on the day.

Sunday the 31st of July- 4th Friendly

Winterton 0 – 0 Immingham

Attendance:229

| 1         |           | Mike Nevo        | sub 56    | 97%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 2         |           | Jim Bowman       |           | 73%       | 7.2       |           | 
| 4         |           | Leo Curtis (c)   |           | 82%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 5         |           | John Harkness    | sub 56    | 85%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 3         |           | Chris Warrington |           | 75%       | 7.3       |           | MoM
| 6         |           | Andy Stewart     |           | 75%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 8         |           | Kevin O'Harper   | sub 45    | 83%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 7         |           | Baba Ginoosh     |           | 75%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 11        |           | Han Sol Geni     | sub 56    | 85%       | 6.2       |           | 
| 9         |           | Martyn James     | sub 45    | 81%       | 6.1       |           | 
| 10        |           | Ben Talbott      |           | 70%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 12        |           | Luke Doyle       | on 56     | 97%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 14        |           | Nathan Walker    | on 56     | 91%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 15        |           | Jake Stothard    | on 45     | 72%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 16        |           | Richard Hull     | on 56     | 88%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 17        |           | David Ginsberg   | on 86     | 74%       |           |           | 
| 18        |           | Steve Duffy      | inj 86    | 74%       | 6.4       |           | 

A strong defensive effort lead by the examples of Chris Warrington kept Championship promotion contenders Winterton at bay. Steve Duffy will be out for 8 days with a dead leg and in his first game after signing a professional contract that morning. Away form like this can make a big difference when the final points tally is counted! Stothard makes an unspectacular return, who knows what could have happened if he had been fully fit.

Wednesday 3rd of August

8.30 am

The morning papers splash the news that some of our players are to turn out for national youth teams!

Lincs & Humber U21s- Luke Doyle, Leo Curtis, Baba Ginoosh, Ben Talbott and Chris Warrington

Luxembourg U21s- Han Sol Geni

San Marino U21s- Mike Nevo

Rival News

Cleethorpes

Some form sees them win two of their five friendlies but only by a single goal.

Grimsby Borough

Yet to win a friendly, their oppisition has been tough. Maybe this is part of their game plan? Only one goal from 5 games and a total of 12 against seems more of a bad omen to me!

One Month down! I hope you guys like the format, I am liking the screen shot to text function! Its a bit limited but it captures the main details I need to get across. I find images usually dont end up looking great in the thread so I will use them sparingly and only when necessary.

Any feedback or improvement suggestions are more than welcome guys, thanks for the compliments so far and I am glad you are enjoying it! I will update on any days I have some free time, got a busy weekend coming up where I am heading off to a golf tourney, if my wife is working lots I will probably drag this save over to my laptop and carry it on there. I am backing up the save nightly too before I post the thread so I do not loose any progress.

-ITFC Official Blog #4-

Thursday the 4th of August

10.00pm

The reserves kicked off their group 3 fixtures earlier tonight, grinding out a 1-1 draw at home to Hessle Rangers. The standout home player was Teron Fong, David Ginsberg also played.

Friday the 5th of August - 5th Friendly

4:45pm

Nettleham 0 – 0 Immingham Town

Attendance: 24

| No.       | S         | Name                 | Inf.      | Con       | Rat       | Gls       | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1         |           | Mike Nevo            | sub 68    | 98%       | 6.6       |           | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2         |           | Martin Steeper       |           | 81%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 4         |           | Leo Curtis           | sub 84    | 85%       | 7.1       |           | 
| 5         |           | John Harkness        | sub 68    | 87%       | 7.1       |           | 
| 3         |           | Chris Warrington (c) |           | 78%       | 7.4       |           | 
| 7         |           | Andy Stewart         | sub 45    | 88%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 6         |           | Kevin O'Harper       | sub 68    | 85%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 8         |           | Baba Ginoosh         | sub 84    | 77%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 11        |           | Han Sol Geni         | sub 56    | 88%       | 6.2       |           | 
| 9         |           | Ben Talbott          | sub 45    | 81%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 10        |           | Ben Smith            | sub 68    | 87%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 12        |           | Luke Doyle           | on 68     | 97%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 14        |           | Jim Bowman           | on 84     | 96%       |           |           | 
| 15        |           | Jake Stothard        | on 45     | 82%       | 6.0       |           | 
| 16        |           | Richard Hull         | on 56     | 87%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 17        |           | Nathan Walker        | on 68     | 97%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 18        |           | Martyn James         | on 68     | 94%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 19        |           | Teron Fong           | on 68     | 89%       | 6.6       |           | 
| 20        |           | David Ginsberg       | on 84     | 93%       |           |           | 
| 21        |           | Steve Duffy          | on 45     | 60%       | 6.3       |           | 
|           |           |                      |           |           |           |           | 

Immingham were the weaker of the two teams on the night against an inferior opponent. A strong defensive showing was not complimented by any attacking moves worthy of comment.

Wednesday the 10th of August

Lincs & Humber U21s 2 – 3 Denmark U21s

K.C. Stadium

Attendance: 4,006

| No.       | P         | Name                 | Inf.      | Con       | Rat       | Gls       | 
| 12        | GK      | Luke Doyle           | on 62     | 97%       | 6.9       |           | 
| 17        |    ST   | Ben Talbott          | on 45     | 78%       | 7.3       | 1         | 
| 18        |  DC    | Leo Curtis           | on 62     | 93%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 19        |   DL     | Chris Warrington     | on 45     | 80%       | 6.9       |           | 
| 20        |   MC    | Baba Ginoosh         | on 62     | 85%       | 6.8       |           | 

Ben Talbott grabbed a goal in a spirited performance by Lincs & Humber as they went down fighting in defeat. On his return to the club Ginoosh was rewarded with a professional contact.

In other matches Nevo conceded 3 against Hong Kong U21s and Han Sol Geni had a short lived stint as captain for Luxembourg U21s after getting injured only 2 minutes into the game.

Friday the 12th of August

The reserves go down 0-2 at home to Bourne, Ginsberg and Fong played but made no impact.

Saturday the 20th of August- Final Friendly

Immingham 2 – 1 CGB Humbertherm

Attendance: 22

| 1         |           | Luke Doyle       | sub 80    | 97%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 2         |           | Martin Steeper   |           | 76%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 4         |           | Jim Bowman       |           | 79%       | 7.1       |           | 
| 5         |           | John Harkness    | sub 51    | 86%       | 6.1       |           | 
| 3         |           | Nathan Walker    | sub 80    | 76%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 7         |           | Steve Duffy      | sub 51    | 80%       | 6.9       |           | 
| 6         |           | Andy Stewart     | sub 45    | 88%       | 6.0       |           | 
| 8         |           | Baba Ginoosh     |           | 77%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 11        |           | Han Sol Geni     | sub 61    | 83%       | 7.4       | 1         | 
| 9         |           | Ben Talbott      | sub 45    | 84%       | 6.5       |           | 
| 10        |           | Ben Smith        | sub 74    | 83%       | 7.3       | 1         | 
| 12        |           | Mike Nevo        | on 80     | 99%       |           |           | 
| 14        |           | Chris Warrington | on 51     | 92%       | 6.1       |           | 
| 15        |           | Richard Hull     | on 51     | 85%       | 6.8       |           | 
| 16        |           | Leo Curtis (c)   | on 80     | 100%      |           |           | 
| 17        |           | Jake Stothard    | on 45     | 85%       | 6.1       |           | 
| 18        |           | Kevin O'Harper   | on 45     | 85%       | 6.7       |           | 
| 19        |           | David Ginsberg   |           |           |           |           | 
| 20        |           | Martyn James     | on 61     | 91%       | 6.3       |           | 
| 21        |           | Teron Fong       | on 74     | 100%      | 6.6       |           | 

Living up to the hype Luxembourg U21 captain Han Sol Geni put in a top rated performance for his club including the opening goal on 18 minutes. The scores were levelled a minute before the break with the final goal coming from poacher Ben Smith, this was followed by a tense half hour until the final whistle.

Wednesday 24th of August

Leo Curtis sustains a knock in training that puts him out for just 8 days but may put him in doubt for the season opener.

Reserve Captain David Ginsberg and Teron Fong feature in a battling 2-2 draw against Cleethorpes Town Reserves.

Sunday 28th of August

Mike Nevo, Luke Doyle, Baba Ginoosh, Ben Talbott and Han Sol Geni are called up to their respective U21s national squads.

Netto resumes full training while Nathan Walker strains his back while lifting weights to put him on the sidelines for up to 6 weeks.

Rival News

Cleethorpes

Bag a significant win over Darlington in their final friendly.

Grimsby Borough

Loose all their friendly games.

Looks like Geni is starting to play well hopefully his current form will continue :)

A Superstar where he got 6.1 :p

He is a bit hot and cold but there is no doubt he is the best of the crop on his day! I expect to see more top performances and a lot of goals from this young lad.

Han Sol Geni

geniz.jpg

Any chance of getting a screenshot of Ben Talbott too?

Had a decent pre-season and seem to know where the goal is :thup:

He has been average with one MoM performance as well as an U21 cap and goal on debut! Solid but not spectacular.

Screenies for everyone out of curiosity please :)

I am one who believes that participation in the signup thread should be rewarded. I am much more inclined to hunt out obscure stats and screenies for active regulars than someone who I have not seen post once until then.

As you, Braumiller, are the former (seen you viewing a few times) not the latter here you go :)

Ben Talbott

talbott.jpg

No screenie for Babaginoosh though!

Awwww, that hurts :(

In my defense, there really hasnt been much to post about at this point other than you have been doing an awesome job by using a blog format to update all of us on our players. I have been actively following, just didnt feel the need to post during pre-season games and the team gelling.

But from now on, ill make sure post and give my opinion much more frequently.

Also, glad my value was noticed and was offered a pro contract :)

Awwww, that hurts :(

In my defense, there really hasnt been much to post about at this point other than you have been doing an awesome job by using a blog format to update all of us on our players. I have been actively following, just didnt feel the need to post during pre-season games and the team gelling.

But from now on, ill make sure post and give my opinion much more frequently.

I was joking! You have been one of the most active and I really appreciate it! I will pop up a screenie of you ASAP!

I do agree, not much to post about yet. I would prefer people post when they feel the need to rather than just because I told them to be active. I do keep an eye on who is viewing the thread as well, I just want to know people are still around if they have not posted in a while as it gives me the drive to keep progressing.

An overview of the squads mental stats, just to show SOME people have an idea about positioning

| Pkd | Inf | Name             | Agg | Ant | Bra | Cmp | Cnt | Cre | Dec | Det | Fla | Inf | Off | Pos | Tea | Wor | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -   |     | John Harkness    | 11  | 4   | 10  | 3   | 8   | 1   | 7   | 10  | 4   | 9   | 1   | 13  | 4   | 7   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -   | IPR | Mike Nevo        | 3   | 7   | 8   | 11  | 6   | 1   | 8   | 5   | 3   | 10  | 2   | 10  | 1   | 1   | 
| -   |     | Chris Warrington | 8   | 4   | 7   | 2   | 4   | 1   | 7   | 10  | 6   | 9   | 1   | 9   | 8   | 8   | 
| -   | Inj | Leo Curtis       | 17  | 8   | 9   | 2   | 6   | 1   | 4   | 9   | 6   | 13  | 1   | 9   | 8   | 11  | 
| -   |     | Luke Doyle       | 7   | 2   | 8   | 3   | 10  | 9   | 5   | 11  | 1   | 8   | 3   | 7   | 9   | 14  | 
| -   |     | Martin Steeper   | 10  | 13  | 6   | 6   | 8   | 5   | 4   | 7   | 10  | 2   | 3   | 7   | 8   | 8   | 
| -   | PR  | Kevin O'Harper   | 11  | 7   | 3   | 5   | 1   | 5   | 10  | 9   | 3   | 2   | 1   | 6   | 9   | 8   | 
| -   |     | Martyn James     | 4   | 10  | 2   | 9   | 5   | 4   | 2   | 8   | 9   | 7   | 12  | 3   | 5   | 8   | 
| -   |     | Jim Bowman       | 14  | 3   | 4   | 8   | 5   | 1   | 12  | 10  | 3   | 11  | 1   | 2   | 5   | 8   | 
| -   |     | Andy Stewart     | 15  | 2   | 2   | 4   | 2   | 14  | 8   | 7   | 4   | 7   | 9   | 2   | 9   | 10  | 
| -   | IPR | Teron Fong       | 9   | 1   | 4   | 6   | 1   | 10  | 5   | 10  | 11  | 2   | 8   | 2   | 5   | 10  | 
| -   |     | Baba Ginoosh     | 9   | 5   | 8   | 3   | 2   | 11  | 6   | 14  | 5   | 11  | 4   | 2   | 8   | 9   | 
| -   | Inj | Nathan Walker    | 8   | 6   | 12  | 5   | 8   | 10  | 4   | 11  | 7   | 3   | 1   | 1   | 11  | 6   | 
| -   |     | Richard Hull     | 9   | 4   | 10  | 8   | 1   | 4   | 4   | 17  | 7   | 1   | 7   | 1   | 11  | 11  | 
| -   |     | Steve Duffy      | 9   | 1   | 11  | 1   | 3   | 9   | 1   | 17  | 11  | 3   | 1   | 1   | 6   | 10  | 
| -   | IPR | Johannes Netto   | 9   | 7   | 2   | 2   | 8   | 11  | 1   | 7   | 12  | 10  | 8   | 1   | 9   | 9   | 
| -   | IPR | Han Sol Geni     | 4   | 8   | 4   | 11  | 1   | 12  | 11  | 10  | 4   | 4   | 10  | 1   | 3   | 9   | 
| -   | Yth | David Ginsberg   | 13  | 1   | 10  | 2   | 3   | 5   | 4   | 17  | 9   | 9   | 1   | 1   | 7   | 8   | 
| -   | PR  | Ben Talbott      | 5   | 5   | 5   | 10  | 4   | 2   | 7   | 11  | 11  | 1   | 11  | 1   | 9   | 12  | 
| -   | PR  | Ben Smith        | 3   | 7   | 2   | 10  | 4   | 6   | 2   | 9   | 12  | 2   | 10  | 1   | 13  | 12  | 
| -   | PR  | Jake Stothard    | 9   | 6   | 9   | 7   | 1   | 8   | 4   | 10  | 12  | 2   | 10  | 1   | 11  | 9   | 
|     |     |                  |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     |     | 

Archived