+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FM12 - Ultrabooks

Amateur

Default FM12 - Ultrabooks

I have FM12 on DVD on my current laptop, which is on it's way to laptop heaven. I am looking at the ultrabooks that are currently out (HP to be specific), but it does not have a DVD player. Not wanting to buy an external device, how can I transfer the game from one machine to the other?

Part-Timer

You don't transfer a game installation between two pc's. You install them the game on each pc. If the ultrabook doesn't come with a dvd drive you can buy en external dvd drive an plug it to the usb stick. Or you can do it the cheap way and install it through steam. As you have already installed it once, you have connected the game with steam and as such you don't need the FM dvd disc any more.

Amateur

So, against all hope there is no way to be able to d/l via Steam, using my authenticity code?

Part-Timer

You just need to install steam on your new pc. Login in to steam and all the games that you previously have connected to steam will be on the library. From there you can install the games you like.

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1976 View Post
    So, against all hope there is no way to be able to d/l via Steam, using my authenticity code?
    Not sure what you mean, you've already authenticated with Steam so you don't need the disk or the number again.
    Just install steam on your new PC and log into your steam account, FM will be waiting there in your library for you to download.

Amateur

ah cool...that solves that question then.....cheers.

Semi Pro

You could also back up your game onto a USB drive, they are fairly cheap these days. Use the steam backup feature and then you can install from there on your new laptop.

Either way I'd make sure you back up your saves as they won't get backed up through steam - they are in your Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/games folder.

+ Reply to Thread