A Trillionaire's Playground 2012 - It Begins

A TRILLIONAIRE'S PLAYGROUND 2012

soccer_money_1282758023.jpg

Well, the time is finally here. For the benefit of those who didn't see the sign-up thread...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EXTRACT FROM AN UNNAMED NEWSPAPER

It is July 2008, and the world's richest man, Freidrich Manngeld - entrepeneur, owning several multinational companies, sports teams, and the country of Scotland - has announced plans that will shock the world of football, and indeed the world itself.

Manngeld had announced the renaming of Scotland several weeks ago as the "Republic of Freidrich Manngeld", or "FM" as it is to be known. A keen follower of football, the German has decided to set about creating the best league in the world, and has installed himself as head of the FM FA. Instead of sticking with a 'mediocre' and 'lacklustre' league, as he has donned the country's current setup, it is Manngeld's intention to create a multinational league system, with a newly-formed club from every one of the world's top ranked nations, all competing for glory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately for Manngeld, his plans did not come to pass. FIFA would not sanction the overhaul of such an established football league system, and protests from the larger clubs, notably Celtic and Rangers, eventually persuaded the German to give up the ghost.

But he didn't stop there. For almost three years, Manngeld has been working tirelessly, and has finally revealed plans of his latest football venture. This was helped to no end by the unstable natures of six North American Football Associations, who Manngeld quickly took over. The countries, none of which are fully affiliated with FIFA, have agreed, for footballing purposes only, to be renamed as the "Republic of Friedrich Manngeld" under different confederations, whilst his old state of the same name has reverted to its former name of Scotland.

Manngeld's plan is to create the largest Club World Championship, all in one place. Every FIFA registered nation in the world is invited to have a team representing them, and will be run by some of the richest people in the world. The teams are to be sorted into divisions based on their continent or region, with no swapping between these continental divisions. However, there will be a cup competition which involves each team in the FM FA, as well as one for the winners of each continent, and various cup competitions for each continent internally.

Opponents of the plan have hinted that Manngeld has had a similar plan rejected two years ago, but the German bluntly rejects this notion. Whatever the history of his ventures, this time he is adamant that his creation will be a success.

The Format

So, now we're all up to speed, what's first? Well, in terms of updates, there will be a domestic review at the end of every season, briefly running through the leagues and cups of each confederation. This will also include player statistics, where the top players both domestically and abroad will be considered and compared, and a comprehensive review of the continental cups contested between the 208 new clubs. Following this review, there will be a brief period where chairmen will be able to make management changes within their clubs if they so wish; although it is likely their boards, who are in regular control of football matters, will be on top of this, having potentially already made changes during the season.

There will also be updates rounding up all major international tournaments whenever they take place; that is the top level competition for each confederation, as well as the World Cup, Confederations Cup and the Olympic Games. Smaller international competitions, such as the Caribbean Cup and Asian Challenge Cup will not be fully reviewed, but the winners and finalists will be named. It is hoped by many of the least illustrious footballing nations that the new clubs representing them can achieve success which will have a knock-on effect on the national sides, propelling them too to glory.

There will also of course be competitions and challenges to be contested among the chairmen, with prizes at stake, such as the sponsorship challenge held during the sign-up process. The second one will be coming up at the end of the first season. This is the main interaction with the game chairmen will have. Any other requests you may have are welcomed, and I'll do my best to fulfill them if appropriate.

For now though, let's get going! Banter is optional, but very much advised. Good luck.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TROPHIES + POINTS

[b]AFRICA[/b]
SEASON		LEAGUE				CUP				SUPER CUP
2011/12		Espérance Sousse (TUN)		Lagos Eagles (NGR)		-

[b]ASIA[/b]
2011/12		Arabian Knights (KSA)		Xeng Xauow (CHN)		-

[b]EUROPE[/b]
2011/12		Les Aigles (FRA)		CSKA Dubrovnik (CRO)		-

[b]NORTH AMERICA[/b]
2011/12		Mundial de Mazas (MEX)		Mundial de Mazas (MEX)		-

[b]OCEANIA[/b]
2011/12		Auckland Albatrosses (NZL)	Auckland Albatrosses (NZL)	-

[b]SOUTH AMERICA[/b]
2011/12		FC Pelé (BRA)			Sporting Maradona (ARG)		-

[b]REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD[/b]
SEASON		WORLD CLUB CUP			CHAMPIONS' CUP			MANNGELD TROPHY
2011/12		Helsinki Highlanders (FIN)	-				-

[b]INTERNATIONAL[/b]
YEAR		WORLD CUP	AFRICA		ASIA		EUROPE		NORTH AMERICA	OCEANIA		SOUTH AMERICA	OLYMPICS
2012		-		Nigeria		-		Portugal	-		Pap. New Guinea	-		Great Britain

POSITION	CLUB				POINTS
1		Mundial de Mazas (MEX)		7
=		Auckland Albatrosses (NZL)	7
3		Helsinki Highlanders (FIN)	6
4		Lagos Eagles (NGR)		5
=		Xeng Xauow (CHN)		5
6		Arabian Knights (KSA)		4
=		Espérance Sousse (TUN)		4
=		Les Aigles (FRA)		4
=		CSKA Dubrovnik (CRO)		4
=		Il Viola Diavoli (ITA)		4
=		FC Pelé (BRA)			4
=		Sporting Maradona (ARG)		4
13		Baxt Cosmos (UZB)		2
=		Gandhi United (IND)		2
=		Xianghoang Thim (LAO)		2
=		Fennec Alger (ALG)		2
=		Mediterranean Knights (LBA)	2
=		Ecureils (BEN)			2
=		AFC Seychelles Athletic	(SEY)	2
=		FC Nedved (CZE)			2
=		FC Unbeseigbaren (AUT)		2
=		Sjendinjene (BIH)		2
=		Tórshavn Sheep (FRO)		2
=		Arima Otters (TRN)		2
=		Three Little Birds Utd (JAM)	2
=		Bridgetown Tridents (BAR)	2
=		Anguilla Corsairs (AIA)		2
=		Tiku Warriors (SAM)		2
=		Konica United (ASA)		2
=		Indios Valiente (VEN)		2
=		Les Sao (CHA)			2
32		Samurai Warriors (JPN)		1
=		Koneurgenc (TUR)		1
=		Red Sea Lions FC (YEM)		1
=		Dinamo Bishkek (KGZ)		1
=		Sol Nascente Dili (TLS)		1
=		Thunder Dragons (BHU)		1
=		Alipolis (IRI)			1
=		Les Eperviers (TOG)		1
=		Amaglug FC (RSA)		1
=		Taifa Stars (TAN)		1
=		Lions of Judah SC (ETH)		1
=		Syli Nationale (GUI)		1
=               Purple Pigs (ENG)               1
=		Eklektous FC (GRE)		1
=		Riga United (LAT)		1
=		Leeds United (CYP)		1
=		CVC Zebras (CUW)		1
=		Albiazules (NCA)		1
=		US Boys (ISV)			1
=		Sporting de Quito (ECU)		1
=            	Ajax UFC (NED)			1
=		Clover Hotspur (IRL)		1

WORLD BEATERS

NAME               REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA HIGH   PA      PERIOD AS WORLD BEATER  
Lionel Messi       Argentina	       Barcelona	199  	  199     2011-
Cristiano Ronaldo  Portugal  	       R Madrid		192  	  193     2011-

We're up and running. Careful world, Armenia and Lebanon are coming for you!

Seriously though, great effort Dave, huge amount of work gone into this clearly, looking forward to the fun!

Wow, cheers guys. I really hope it doesn't disappoint now! :p

As for the first update, I'm almost at February now as I'm running through the season. I'm trying to collect data and screenshots as I go to make things a little easier for myself when it comes to the end of season update. It should certainly (parts of it at least) be up today.

I mentioned that there would be a points system too - well here it is. It should be an interesting and fun way of seeing which clubs have had the most success overall during this sign up.

POINTS	ACHIEVEMENT
5	World Club Cup Winner
4	Champions' Cup Winner
4	Domestic Top League Winner
3	Domestic Cup Winner
3	Manngeld Trophy Winner
3	World Club Cup Runner Up
2	Domestic League Winner
2	Champions' Cup Runner Up
2	Domestic Top League Runner Up
1	Promotion
1	Super Cup Winner
1	Domestic Cup Runner Up
1	Manngeld Trophy Runner Up
1       Domestic Top League Third Place

1	Fair Play Award
1	Golden Boot
1	Best Player

Well, the end of the season has come, I've (pretty much) finished gathering screenshots, and the updates will begin soon. I don't know if any of you have seen any of my sign-ups before, but my style is very much for the updates to come through in drips and drabs. Please feel free to comment or post in between these updates - all the things that directly link together will be included in the same post!

ASIAN REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD

917506normal.png

2011/12 SEASON

Bank of China Asian Premier Division - Arabian Knights (KSA)

Toyota Asian Division One - Baxt Cosmos (UZB)

Toyota Asian Division Two - Gandhi Utd (IND)

Toyota Asian Division Three - Xiangkhoang Thim (LAO)

Emirates Asian Cup - Latter Stages | Final - Xeng Xaouw (CHN)

Asia looks like it could be very competitive over the next few seasons - the Saudi Arabians nicking the league title by just a single point from under the noses of the Chinese cup winners Xeng Xauow to write their name in history. The Super Cup, which will be held between the two at the start of the next season, could tell us a lot about how the next couple of years could pan out.

TOP 5 ASIAN LEAGUE PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME                AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA   PA   Change  
1     Aleksander Dragovic 21   Austria		   FC 2022      139  154  new
2     Diego Valeri        26   Argentina           Xeng Xauow   139  142  new
3     Paolo Goltz         27   Argentina           Xeng Xauow   138  141  new
4     Papa Gueye          28   Senegal             FC 2022      137  155  new
5     Gonzalo Zárate      27   Argentina           Arabian Kni. 134  134  new

TOP 5 ASIAN LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

POS   NAME               AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB	  	CA   PA   Development
1     Yasunori Kijima    19   Japan              Samurai War.   99   179  new
2     Jishung Sui        16   China		 Xeng Xauow     100  176  new
3     Xuewei Lui         19   China              Xeng Xauow     101  172  new
4     Anas Al-Shdeifat   16   Jordan             That Ras AFC   83   172  new
5     Young-Rok Jung     19   South Korea        Seoul Tigers   86   169  new

AFRICAN REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD

917502normal.png

2011/12 SEASON

SABMiller African Premier Division - Espérance Sousse (TUN)

Kenya Airways African Division One - Fennec Alger (ALG)

Kenya Airways African Division Two - Mediterranean Knights (LBA)

Kenya Airways African Division Three - Ecureuils (BEN)

Kenya Airways African Division Four - Stade du Ville (SEY)

MTN African Cup - Latter Stages | Final - Lagos Eagles (NGR)

Tunisia's Espérance were the stand-out team in a relatively tight league, and deservedly won the inaugural title. It was a season to forget for Morocco's Chamakh Attack, who have changed their manager twice and never really looked settled. Lagos Eagles of Nigeria won the cup and finished second in the league, so just like Xeng Xaouw in Asia, look best placed to ensure there are two different names on the league trophy after next season.

TOP 5 AFRICAN LEAGUE PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME                AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA   PA   Change  
1     Anderson Martins    24   Brazil              Lions Judah  142  155  new
2     R Yttergard Jenssen 24   Norway              Aspedras     142  150  new
3     Wesley              31   Brazil              Eperviers    138  140  new
4     Gonzalo Fierro      29   Chile               Aspedras     137  144  new
5     Claudemir           24   Brazil              Waga Waga    136  142  new

TOP 5 AFRICAN LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

1     Felix Egbeta       19   Nigeria            Lagos Eagles   110  180  new
2     Kwami Ouro-Akpo    16   Togo               Eperviers      86   178  new
3     Mounir Mesbah      16   Algeria            Fennec Alger   102  176  new
4     Samir Shaaban      15   Egypt              Sharm		88   172  new
5     M Kasela Mbona     17   DR Congo           Kinshasa S.    86   171  new

Xeng Xaouw won the asian cup! and came second in the league! But where is AFC Seychelles Athletic? Surely they should be in the african leagues?

Edit: I think you may have given the seychelles team to someone else dave :(. Stade du ville in Division 4 have 'SEY' as their country abbrieviation. Cant say I'm not disappointed but it's very understandable that this mistake was made considering the collossal editing challenge. Could I have the things I won in the sponsor challenge and providing details for a team put into Xeng Xaouw (CHN) instead then?

EUROPEAN REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD

917496normal.png

2011/12 SEASON

Shell European Premier Division - Les Aigles (FRA)

BP European Division One - FC Nedved (CZE)

BP European Division Two - FC Unbesiegbaren (AUT)

BP European Division Three - Sjendinjene (BIH)

BP European Division Four - Tórshavn Sheep (FRO)

Nestlé European Cup - Latter Stages | Final - CSKA Dubrovnik (CRO)

If this opening season is anything to go by, the three teams to beat in Europe will be CSKA Dubrovnik, Il Diavoli and Les Aigles. It was the French outfit who triumphed in the league, claiming the biggest prize in European Manngelder football, as well as entry to the inaugural Virgin Champions' Cup next season. However, they definitely have two very useful challengers hounding them down.

TOP 5 EUROPEAN LEAGUE PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME               AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA   PA   Change  
1     Marco Piras	 18   Italy		 Viola Diavoli	169  190  new
2     Romas Kazlauskas	 18   Lithuania		 Zalgiris	154  170  new
3     Mateo Musacchio    21   Argentina		 Clover Hotspur	147  158  new
4     Guillermo Burdisso 23   Argentina		 Chicken Kyiv	142  155  new
5     Marco Ruben	 25   Argentina	   	 Clover Hotspur 141  141  new

TOP 5 EUROPEAN LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

1     Marco Piras        18   Italy              Viola Diavoli  169  190  new
2     Martin Podrygala   16   Germany		 Der Bandits    94   180  new
3     Romas Kazlauskas	 18   Lithuania		 Zalgiris	154  170  new
4     Vigfús Hannesson   16   Iceland            Vortigern Vam. 103  179  new
5     Josh Franklin      15   England            FC Valley Utd  87   179  new

*Piras and Kazlauskas are wonderkids awarded for winning the first sponsorship challenge.

Xeng Xaouw won the asian cup! and came second in the league! But where is AFC Seychelles Athletic? Surely they should be in the african leagues?

Edit: I think you may have given the seychelles team to someone else dave :(. Stade du ville in Division 4 have 'SEY' as their country abbrieviation. Cant say I'm not disappointed but it's very understandable that this mistake was made considering the collossal editing challenge. Could I have the things I won in the sponsor challenge and providing details for a team put into Xeng Xaouw (CHN) instead then?

Oh my, I'm so sorry! I must have missed my mistake when double checking the database.. :( It appears I've named your Seychellois side after the Djiboutian club's stadium! No idea how I managed that... They're definitely your side (AFC Seychelles Athletic) and I'll look into getting an LNC file sorted to sort the name out, as that's the only thing I think can be done now the game has begun. Again, my sincere apologies.

Some of the team names are brilliant! Top work guys! Bring on FC Pelé. :D And maybe the database Dave? ;)

Haha, it'll come, most likely after I've finished updates for the first season.

Interesting that Clover hotspur have 2 of the best players in game and yet they are Division 2 and not even winning it!

Yeah I think the game will throw up a few anomalies like that over the first few seasons, while everything adjusts and stabilizes.

So it's my team just has the wrong name right? so it has all the stuff I won then? No need to apologise it's not a problem especially when you have put so much effort in!

Yeah exactly, everything else is just as it should be.

Underwhelming seasons for both my teams, bring on next year!

Interestingly there appear to be very few major, big-name signings so far. It will be interesting to see how this progresses.

PS loving the update format you have got going on!

NORTH AMERICAN REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD

918748normal.png

2011/12 SEASON

AT&T North American Premier Division - Mundial de Mazas (MEX)

América Móvil North American Division One - Bridgetown Tridents (BAR)

América Móvil North American Division Two - Anguilla Corsairs (AIA)

Coca Cola North American Cup - Latter Stages | Final - Mundial de Mazas (MEX)

Well, the Mexican outfit, Mundial de Mazas look like they could be set to dominate North America. With an excellent league and cup double, and a monopoly on the better players in the league, other teams may struggle to match them. Interesting to note though, dominant though they are in the top players stakes, there seems to be a real lack of quality in North America compared to Asia, Africa and Europe. Could this harm Mundial de Mazas and North America when they come to play in the continental competitions?

TOP 5 NORTH AMERICAN LEAGUE PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME               AGE  REGISTERED NATION   CLUB		CA   PA   Change  
1     Erick Torres       19   Mexico             M de Mazas     126  151  new
2     Lasha Salukvadze   30   Georgia            M de Mazas     122  125  new
3     Heath Pearce       27   USA                Las Vegas Aces 121  139  new
4     Sasa Ilic          34   Serbia             M de Mazas     117  133  new
5     Bobby Convey       29   USA                M de Mazas     117  118  new

TOP 5 NORTH AMERICAN LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

1     Juan Diego Ruiz    16   USA                Las Vegas Aces 76   178  new
2     Vicente Brasesco   16   Uruguay            El Paso        99   177  new
3     Teófilo Biscet     15   Cuba               Havana FC      81   176  new
4     Dwight Monzón      15   Guatemala          Mixco Jaguares 97   165  new
5     Michael Crowe      17   USA                3 Little Birds 91   164  new

OCEANIC REPUBLIC OF FRIEDRICH MANNGELD

918745normal.png

2011/12 SEASON

Qantas Oceanic Premier Division - Auckland Albatrosses (NZL)

Foster's Oceanic Cup - Group Stage | Latter Stages | Final - Auckland Albatrosses (NZL)

THIS is how you dominate. With a comprehensive league title, and the cup to go with it, Auckland Albatrosses look as though they, like the New Zealand national team, aim to completely dominate Oceania. They're going to be tough to overhaul if this season is anything to go by, although Tiku Warriors, Konica United and FC Raupata look best placed to manage it.

TOP 5 OCEANIC LEAGUE PLAYERS BY CA

POS   NAME                AGE  REGISTERED NATION  CLUB	 	 CA   PA   Change  
1     Alexandre Lacazette 21   France		  Auckland       145  166  new
2     Serbastián Viera    29   Uruguay            Auckland       126  131  new
3     Mikael Dorsin       30   Sweden             Konica Utd     121  125  new
4     Kim Nam-Il          35   South Korea        Auckland       119  140  new
5     Noé Pamarot         33   France		  FC Raupata     118  130  new

TOP 5 OCEANIC LEAGUE YOUNG PLAYERS BY PA

POS   NAME                AGE  REGISTERED NATION  CLUB	     	 CA   PA   Development
1     Alexandre Lacazette 21   France		  Auckland       145  166  new
2     Matangi Samuel      16   Cook Islands       FC Raupata     79   159  new
3     Bagdad Ferre        17   New Caledonia      C Province     69   156  new
4     Nicolas Jacq        18   Tahiti             C Province     88   149  new
5     Ramin Falaniko      19   USA/American Samoa Konica Utd     89   146  new

Archived