Football is a funny old game

Azento

Hello and welcome to my first ever journeyman thread on the forums. After being a long time lurker and reading a number of excellent threads I decided that it was finally time to sign up and get started on my very own career.

For this career I will be starting out as an unemployed 32 year old Englishman who goes by the name of Tom Robinson. My reputation will be set to Sunday League Footballer and I have loaded all leagues in the following countries: China, South Korea, USA, Belgium, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, Brazil and Argentina. This will be played on a large database with attribute masking on.

Manager Profile

Well, I think I've covered the essentials, so now it's time to get the down the job centre and look for my first job. I will update when I've found one.

mansfield.png

November 2011 - Mansfield Town

Fixtures

mansfieldtownnovember20.png

My First game was against Darlington.

League Table

bluesquarebetpremiernov.png

My tenure got off to a fantastic start as we beat debt-ridden Darlington 4-2 at home, but I soon realised why we are the position that we are as we shipped 6 away to Newport County and lost at home to fellow struggler's Kettering. Thankfully, we are not that far away from the sides just outside of the relegation zone, and with some new additions over the coming months, hopefully I can begin to get the side moving up the table and safe from relegation.

Transfers IN

Benjamin Laurant - My very first signing at the club. He had a trial at League One Colchester, but obviously wasn't seen has good enough at that level, however he should be very useful in this division.

Conrad Balatoni - Decent young centre who was released by Hearts.

Thomas Cruise - Came through the youth ranks at Arsenal before being released. He was brought in to give me options at left back.

Pablo Counago - A player who many may know about from his time with Ipswich. I feel this a real coup for the club and hopefully he can start banging in the goals.

Cheers markyosullivan. Apologies for the slow updates, at the moment every time I make a post I have to wait for it to be approved before it can made visible on the forum. This is often taking 2-3 days and sometimes I'm not realising that the posts have gone up. I'm not sure if this is the case for all new members, but hopefully it will not be for much longer and I can start getting updates out quicker :)

mansfield.png

December 2011 - Mansfield Town

Fixtures

mansfieldtowndecember20.png

League Table

bluesquarebetpremierdec.png

A good start to the months fixtures as we progressed to the 2nd round of the FA trophy by beating Lincoln away. Then followed 3 difficult away games in the league, and unfortunately two of them, against Fleetwood and Barrow, ended in defeat without us managing to get on the scoresheet. However, we did manage to secure an excellent 3 points against Stockport on boxing day and finished the month off with a solid draw at home to league leaders Gateshead. So, after the festive period we still find ourselves in the relegation zone, but hopefully we can build on our previous two results and begin to move up the league table.

Transfers OUT

When I arrived at the club we were over wage budget and with the arrival of new players in the previous month, I needed to begin shipping some of the higher earners from the previous regime out. This month midfielder's Lee Stevenson and Adam Murray had their contracts terminated by the club.

mansfield.png

January 2012 - Mansfield Town

Fixtures

mansfieldtownjanuary201.png

League Table

bluesquarebetpremierjan.png

A very good month! 3 wins from 5 league games has seen us climb out of the relegation zone for the first time under my management and we're now beginning to move away from danger. This month we also progressed to to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy after beating FC Halifax away, 2-0. In the next round we've been given a home tie against Harrogate Town and hopefully we can win that as this is a competition that I'm taking seriously.

Transfers IN

Wesley Ngo Baheng - Former Newcastle youngster brought in on a free. His physical attributes should make him an asset at this level.

Dan Gray - I was in need of a more defensive minded midfielder, so in came Gray on loan for the rest of the season from League One Chesterfield.

Ian Williamson - We done very well to bring this lad on a free from Raith Rovers. He should do very well in this division.

Transfers OUT

Another player had his contract terminated this month as I continue to try and reduce the clubs wage bill. This month it was Matt Green who was shown the door.

mansfield.png

February 2012 - Mansfield Town

Fixtures

mansfieldtownfebruary20.png

League Table

bluesquarebetpremierfeb.png

What a month! 4 victories and a draw in the league has seen us leap up to 12th place and surely means we have secured our place in the league for next season, barring a big collapse in performance. This month we also came through two tougher than expected FA Trophy ties against sides in the tier below as first it took an 87th minute winner to beat off Harrogate Town in the 3rd round, then it took us 80 minutes to break down Corby in the 4th. The main thing though is that we are through the Semi Finals, were we face Ebsfleet United.

After such a fantastic month I was named as Manager of The Month.

Archived