England Manager Never Gets Fired

I'm back again! Just had Euro 28 and Engerrland got knocked out at the group stage. Steve Brolley McClaren is STILL in charge. I don't know when he got the job but he's had it since I can remember on this particular save.

Can't remember how I set the initial game up, but I think I have a smaller database so other country's clubs have greyed out players, therefore I am unable to apply for other national jobs like the Germany job where Joachim Lowe has just retired..... making him their boss for about 25 years!!!!!

Anybody else had this experience??

I'm back again! Just had Euro 28 and Engerrland got knocked out at the group stage. Steve Brolley McClaren is STILL in charge. I don't know when he got the job but he's had it since I can remember on this particular save.

Can't remember how I set the initial game up, but I think I have a smaller database so other country's clubs have greyed out players, therefore I am unable to apply for other national jobs like the Germany job where Joachim Lowe has just retired..... making him their boss for about 25 years!!!!!

Anybody else had this experience??

You can't manage Germany due to rights or license issues.

I must admit the England appointments are a little bizarre at times. Sometimes I need to remind myself that appointments are based on the performance of manager in the world of FM - not real life! But Steve McClaren has been sacked and reappointed twice. Steve Bruce has had the job when he hasn't really acheived much as manager within the game and Alan Pardew was given the job over me when I had won more trophies (in three different countries) than he had.

Seriously - you don't know who Tim Flowers is? He must be before your time. That makes me feel ancient!

Tim Flowers - a keeper who is very fond of divots.

Wow, loads of responses since I've been away! Just going back to the Germany response, I wasn't saying I wanted to be Germany manager, just pointing out that Herr Lowe has only just left and that was due to retirement. He would have been the coach at the start of the game which adding to how long he's been in charge before the effective game start he'll have been the coach for over 20 odd years..... never seen that in international football!!!

Guess it must be my game then..... dont seem to see many club managers getting the boot these days either......

..... and I am currently on iOS until I have to start a fresh with my new Samsung next month. :D

• SI Staff

schmad - I'd be happy to take a look at your save game to see if there is anything unusual going on in that department? (might be something specific to whats evolved in your long term save possibly?) - if you'd be kind enough to share my email is marc.vaughan@sigames.com.

Archived