Picking a Feeder Club?

I want to have a feeder club so I loan my young player to, so I have asked the board and have approved the request and said if I want to pick a club. So I accepted.

So what team should I pick, what should I consider?

I'm Saint Etienne, I'm champions of the French League and in the CL.

Pick someone from the league below you, check their manager and make sure he has good youth handling attributes and make sure the training/youth facilities are of good quality.

I believe the training facilities are the important one, as I don't think I've ever seen a feeder club move a loanee to the youth squad. Ideally you want a club that will do well at its level too, so your player gets successful playing time. The perfect scenario would probably be a club that consistently placed in the top third or better, and yet doesn't promote into a league too good for the players you want to send there. Hard to get that specific of course =)

You can prompt your board into offering you the club of your choice by befriending the manager of that club.

9XtsY.png

This is FM10 but I don't see why it shouldn't work on FM11/12. In the above example I didn't even ask for Shrewsbury specifically, it was offered to me in a list of four possibilities, but as you can see the friendship made it happen. (notice the game's deliberate mistake! I am the manager of Crewe.)

Be sure to do your research thoroughly, and don't choose a club that already has a Parent club, then make friends with the manager before asking your board for a feeder club. When prompted ask for any type of feeder.

Archived