The 2012-2013 Manchester United Thread: Thank you, Sir Alex

ddidiodion

manchester-united-badge.jpg

Transfers:

In:

Shinji Kagawa – £13m (potentially rising to £17m)

Nick Powell – £3m (potentially rising to £6m)

Out:

Michael Owen – Released

Tomasz Kuszczak – Released

Ritchie de Laet - Leicester City

Matthew James - Leicester City

Oliver Norwood – Turned down contract

Probable loans out include Fabio (QPR) and Bebe (god knows). Probable outs are Berbatov (Leverkusen) and Pogba (Juventus). Probable ins, well your guess is as good as mine, hopefully a midfielder.

Current Squad:

1	GK	 David de Gea	
3	DF	 Patrice Evra	
4	DF	 Phil Jones	
5	DF	 Rio Ferdinand	
6	DF	 Jonny Evans	
8	MF	 Anderson	
9	FW	 Dimitar Berbatov*	
10	FW	 Wayne Rooney	
11	MF	 Ryan Giggs	
12	DF	 Chris Smalling	
13	MF	 Park Ji-Sung	
14	FW	 Javier Hernández	
15	DF	 Nemanja Vidić	
16	MF	 Michael Carrick	
17	MF	 Nani
18	MF	 Ashley Young	
19	FW	 Danny Welbeck
20	DF	 Fábio	
21	DF	 Rafael	
22	MF	 Paul Scholes	
23	MF	 Tom Cleverley	
24	MF	 Darren Fletcher	
25	MF	 Antonio Valencia	
27	FW	 Federico Macheda	
33	FW	 Bébé	
34	GK	 Anders Lindegaard	
35	DF	 Reece Brown	
36	DF	 Marnick Vermijl
37	MF	 Robbie Brady	
38	DF	 Michael Keane	
39	DF	 Tom Thorpe	
40	GK	 Ben Amos	
41	FW	 Joshua King	
42	MF	 Paul Pogba*	
44	DF	 Sean McGinty	
45	MF	 Davide Petrucci	
46	MF	 Ryan Tunnicliffe
48	FW	 Will Keane	
50	GK	 Sam Johnstone	
51	DF	 Ezekiel Fryers*	
52	MF	 Larnell Cole	
53	MF	 Jesse Lingard	
54	DF	 Michele Fornasier
55	DF	 Luke Giverin

*player likely to be leaving before season starts

Pre-season:

18 July 2012 AmaZulu

21 July 2012 Ajax Cape Town

25 July 2012 Shanghai Shenhua

5 August 2012 Vålerenga

First games in South Africa then we do a leg in the far east before returning to Europe with a game in Norway, expect lots of the youth players to be involved due to the Euros.

Fixtures can be found here.

First game Everton away. Sos Lep, at least you can get it out the way :thup:.

803638-danny-welbeck.jpg

Err yeah, so chat away…

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since no one will look in the old thread now.

Everton away first game of the season.

Best time to play Everton really.

Especially when they might not have Moyes, Fellaini or Baines :D

Just seen on twitter (since I hadn't bothered checking myself), we are playing away after 5 of 6 CL group matchdays. That's bad enough but the away games are against Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea, Aston Villa and City :lol: What the heck is that??

Our last season were:

A Fulham

A Blackburn

A Man Utd

A QPR

A Liverpool

A Chelsea

Must be a perk of being Champions

You were not meant to see and quote that ffs! I realised that as soon as I hit the bloody post button but it took too long to delete :D I read it as sarcastic, then couldn't make sense of that and assumed you were bonkers. Which, to be fair, isn't really that big a leap

You don't look suspect at all :D Not posted in your 6 years here?? :eek:

I had a rare phobia of signing up to forums and not posting ( not sure what the condition is called) but after years of treatment and therapy, I have been cured, hallelujah!!!

Seriously I have been stalking the forums for a long time now and decided that I should be posting, the banter seems…. Interesting.

I had a rare phobia of signing up to forums and not posting ( not sure what the condition is called) but after years of treatment and therapy, I have been cured, hallelujah!!!

Seriously I have been stalking the forums for a long time now and decided that I should be posting, the banter seems…. Interesting.

Either you didn't word that well or you don't know what phobia means ;) Either way, welcome to actual posting! Hope you have something interesting to say, should have something bottled up after all these years!

Just had a look on the transfer gossip page on manutd.com, who compile a list of all the players we are linked with. We're up to 21 so far, with just 1 of them (Kagawa) a done deal. Can't remember how high the number reached last summer, but I think it might have been well over a hundred.

It also keeps a list of all the players linked with a move away from Utd, all of them say the players name followed by the club they're linked to and whether it's a loan or transfer, e.g. Fabio (QPR, loan). However, next to Bebe it just says 'Bebe (loan)', no ones interested :D

Not the easiest run of fixtures at the end with Arsenal, Chelsea and City there.

That's what caught my eye as well. Arsenal and a rejuvinated Chelsea back-to-back will be tough, with hopefully some CL action thereabouts too.

Like last season we need to practically hit the ground running, with Liverpool, Spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea and Arsenal in the space of 6 weeks in late Sept to early Nov. Tough period.

Excellent opening post :thup:

Archived