new computer = new code needed and sadly steam didnt mail it..

so i got a new computer and tried to install the game, but sadly i couldnt, as steam popped up with a message about me needing a code. This code would be sent to my mail immediately, according to steam that is, but i havent recieved anything. The weird thing is, that i didnt encounter this the first time i installed the game, but that was on my old computer.

any of you guys experience this and if so, what did you do.?

You don't have to use the code first time round. I had to re-install three times since getting FM12 and each time the code was emailed to me straight away. Probably a stupid question but are you don't have more than one email address do you?

You don't have to use the code first time round. I had to re-install three times since getting FM12 and each time the code was emailed to me straight away. Probably a stupid question but are you don't have more than one email address do you?

just before my old com broke down, i changed the mail i use on my steam account, but whether it has it registrered, i do not know.

could i just create a new account and then the problem would be solved.?

What Barside said. Steam Guard will mail the code to the email address registered with your account, so I guess check both the new and the old one, just in case? The mail could also have been incorrectly flagged as spam and sorted as such, if you have a Spam folder. If you can't get to the mail, contact Steam support and they should be able to sort things out for you after verifying you're the real account owner.

the sad thing is, that i changed mails because i forgot the password to the old account, but im sure i changed my mail on my steam account, so the steam mail should´ve been sent there. I´ll try to contact steam support and see what they can do. Hopefully theu wont take too long to reply, im itching to get started :)

Archived