Group D: Ukraine vs France, KO: 5pm

Leppard

200px-UEFA_Euro_2012_logo.svg_.png

Team News

Ukraine are not expected to make any changes from the team that beat Sweden 2-1. Coach Oleg Blokhin claimed he was unhappy with "mistakes" by the team during that match, but said there was not time to do anything about them. One possible change could be the introduction of Artem Milevsky for Andriy Voronin.

France are expected to make a few changes to the team that dominated possession but failed to beat England. Florent Malouda is set to make way for Marvin Martin, with Yann M'Vila's return to fitness possibly seeing him replace Alou Diarra as the defensive midfielder. There are reports that, despite arguably being their best player against England, Samir Nasri will be dropped to the bench with Jeremy Menez starting in his place.

Manager Quotes

Oleg Blokhin: "If (Laurent) Blanc said France are an outsider he did not mean it. They have great young players. I said after Sweden we haven't achieved anything yet. My main task is to give strength to the players and make it possible that we get through the group stage. I will do everything to give them the energy to perform. In my head I have tomorrow's game but I try not to think about it because the pressure was very big after the first match."

Laurent Blanc: "I know (Andriy) Shevchenko well, I played against him and he was difficult to mark. I was not always happy at the end of the games. He is in great form, but he needs a bit of space to show it. I heard the Ukraine coach said he did not fear. He can rest assured, we do not fear Ukraine either, even if we respect them. We came here a year ago, we beat Ukraine but the context is different. This game is not a reference but we will tell the players we can beat this team because we've done it already."

---------------

Too lazy to make the OP all fancy. Would love it if Ukraine hammer France, though dropping Nasri would be hilarious.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

France: Lloris, Debuchy, Rami, Mexes, Clichy, Cabaye, Diarra, Nasri, Ribery, Menez, Benzema

Ukraine: Pyatov, Selin, Khacheridi, Mikhalik, Tymoshchuk, Gusev, Yarmolenko, Nazarenko, Konoplyanka, Shevchenko, Voronin

Has there ever been such a thunder storm during an International tournament? :D This is crazy.

there was one before a Poland game in World Cup 1974 if I remember from highlights I've seen

and the Germany/Turkey game that I mentioned was a lightning storm as well

Archived