How do you recover from a game with 7 injuries in space of 2 weeks

Yes thats right, the game resorts to injuring your squad deliberately to halt your streak. Sigh.

Your thread title poses a question, so I'll answer that, how do you recover? Call on your squad depth and use your back ups. Not a tough one really is it?

There are more than enough 'injury' threads and it's been proven time and again that injuries in game are still less than IRL so if things are this bad for you, it's one of 2 things, you're either doing something wrong (training, not rotating, hard pressing or tackling on wet or heavy pitches etc) or you're just having a particularly unlucky stretch. It happens frequently IRL to teams, get over it.

It's just bad luck, there's no conspiracy. Injuries happen, sometimes you will have several at the same time and you just have to grit your teeth and try and pull through with your back up players and youth players, if it comes to it. If you're having a lot of matches in a short space of time try and rotate your squad to avoid fatigue, which will make injuries more likely.

Did you get a news message saying he was retiring because of the injury? Can I see it? I've not seen it in this version.

It was an issue in the original game and early patch as it was happening an awful lot. Since the latest patch(es) it's not an issue. It can still happen, but rarely.

I would imagine that the OP is not patched up, or has been masively unlucky.

It was an issue in the original game and early patch as it was happening an awful lot. Since the latest patch(es) it's not an issue. It can still happen, but rarely.

I would imagine that the OP is not patched up, or has been masively unlucky.

Cheers Tom.

I've noticed my older players declining massively with long term injuries but never announcing their retirement as a direct result.

Just out of interest, anyone got a screenshot?

I had a really bad run of injuries in my last season with Sevilla. Starting LW out for 2 months. Both starting strikers out for 2 months + (one had knee tendonitis, 4 months, the other did his hip, 2 months). Thats my offensive unit right there, seeing as I play LW, ST, ST, 3 in midfield (Mc, DMc, Mc) and 4 at the back. Two -footed playmaker fractures his wrist (how?) and is out 7 weeks.

I would have thrown him back into the mix with a cast, if it was up to me, I need his two-footedness, not his bloody wrist :)

Back up two-footed playmaker gets injured with a twisted ankle, 1 month. Other midfielder (box-to-box/ball winner) gets a thigh strain. So thats how many starters (and best in their position in the league as well)???

Then my left back gets his ankle broken in a match, and two of my most promising back up strikers also get injured, with a bruised shin (in match) and sports hernia (training).

I almost lost my mind. The season still went very well, we made it to the CL Final in spite of it all. Lost. Well, I said screw that, I hadn't reloaded a match in maybe 5 - 10 seasons, but reloaded that one. Subbed on my JUST recovering star striker, he was only fit to play 20-30 minutes, and he scores two. I am playing the game for fun, after all, not to drive myself insane!

This screenshot is just after my LW got back, and just after the LB broke his ankle. And it was obviously not my tactics or training, its been the same for years. Opposition doing only hard tackling on those players very well could have contributed, though.

2012060100001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I still find the larger my squad the more injuries i get . Usually until i am left with 19 fit players . It never seems to go below that whether i have a large squad or small squad . I often spend most of the season with that many fit players , as soon as one gets fit another is injured .

I almost lost my mind. The season still went very well, we made it to the CL Final in spite of it all. Lost. Well, I said screw that, I hadn't reloaded a match in maybe 5 - 10 seasons, but reloaded that one. Subbed on my JUST recovering star striker, he was only fit to play 20-30 minutes, and he scores two. I am playing the game for fun, after all, not to drive myself insane!

Not to judge others who have a different playstyle to myself, but rolling with the punches and not worrying too much when I draw an impossibly bad hand of cards is part of the fun for me. I've had the occasional injury crisis, and have seen as many as three people injured (to the point of being unable to continue) in a single game - but there are always youth players I can bring in to fill gaps if the situation becomes desperate. If a title challenge or a cup run gets ruined because of bad luck, so be it, there are other seasons.

It wasn't the cup run that was ruined by the injuries, it was the Cup Final! :)

To be fair, I won the league handily, and was 29w 1d after 30 games (when the screen shot above was taken).

I manage Sevilla and Juventus, and Juventus have been the more dominant side in Europe, I think I had taken the previous 5 CLs with them. This season my Sevilla knocked out my Juventus in the semis, so I guess it meant a lot to me to have Sevilla win it. Its tough managing both sides in an important European tie, when I switch Juve to attack am I supposed to immediately switch Sevilla to Counter? Any way, in the end the satisfaction of replaying the Final, being tied 70 minutes in, subbing in my recovering star striker and having him bag two, I wouldn't take it back.

Not to judge others who have a different playstyle to myself, but rolling with the punches and not worrying too much when I draw an impossibly bad hand of cards is part of the fun for me. I've had the occasional injury crisis, and have seen as many as three people injured (to the point of being unable to continue) in a single game - but there are always youth players I can bring in to fill gaps if the situation becomes desperate. If a title challenge or a cup run gets ruined because of bad luck, so be it, there are other seasons.

Exactly. This is where the fun is as in long term games it can become easy, so why not welcome a challenge. It's great aswell when your youth player ends up really shining during an injury crisis, whereas he normally wouldn't have been given the opportunity.

In response to the OP, others have stated what I suggest. You have a U19/Reserve squad for a reason, use them.

Sh*t happens I'm afraid.

If I'm down to the bare bones I'll either look at a short term loan to cover and/or rest them from training so they recover their condition % quicker. Maybe give a promising youth player that chance he's been itching for.

I just play anyone when the preverbial crap hits the fan. Any mid who can tackle a bit can play full back, a def mid can usually slot into centre back, and the list goes on, red dots or not they can do a job for a few games. You can always do the centre back upfront as a target man if your really struggling. Injury problems are good fun to play through, especially if you have a few big games back to back.

The only injuries that irk me are when your game processes and you get a chunk of 2-4 injuries mysteriously happening simultaneously in training. I know it's just the result of a not-so-elegant implementation of randomizing if a player gets injured, but the way it's presented makes it seem like the game goes "oh, you seem to be doing just fine, here are some injuries to make it interesting ;-)". I am occasionally relieved when I have a short injury happen, as it can be hard to properly rotate my overly large squad and make sure everyone gets game time. At least when they're injured they don't complain! In most cases the replacement is either about as talented, or a prospect that will benefit from the game time.

Exactly. This is where the fun is as in long term games it can become easy, so why not welcome a challenge. It's great aswell when your youth player ends up really shining during an injury crisis, whereas he normally wouldn't have been given the opportunity.

In response to the OP, others have stated what I suggest. You have a U19/Reserve squad for a reason, use them.

Yup absolutely. I find it a great opportunity to test some young players. It's easy playing them for 20 minutes when you are 4-0 up but when they are the only option you can see pretty quick if they can handle it.

I had won the CL every year for 9 years, no reloading (I think it was 7 to Juve, 2 to Sevilla, last 5 to Juve though). This particular season Sevilla got hit with an injury crisis which I was able to manage, and it gave a lot of playing time to promising youngsters, which will pay off for years to come. I managed to beat my own Juventus side, who are the strongest side in Europe by some margin, despite the crisis.

Its not like I needed the CL on my resume, like I said, I did it because I am playing for fun. I keep a bloody journal where I do a post-season analysis of sorts, and if there were no reloads I will record that, and if I reload the CL Final I will record that. Besides, if Man City was so good they should have beat me on the 2nd time around as well, right :)

Archived