+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scouting and youth candidates

Amateur

Default Scouting and youth candidates

Im currently playing under youth only rules but the quality of the candidates I have had come through in the first two seasons has been poor. I have no money, minimal youth facilities and basic youth recruitment so its only to be expected but I wondered if there was anything I could do to increase the quality of players?

I currently only have 1 scout who just scouts the opposition. As I never sign anyone I didnt see the point in having lots of scouts all over the globe but im now wondering whether this affects the players who come through in my youth candidates?

Any other tips on how to improve it?

Cheers

Youth Team

Junior coaching affects the ability of the players coming through your youth candidates and Youth recruitment improves the potential of the players coming through. Both can be increased through boardroom requests but cost more money so make sure you can afford it.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by JackJCFC View Post
    Junior coaching affects the ability of the players coming through your youth candidates and Youth recruitment improves the potential of the players coming through. Both can be increased through boardroom requests but cost more money so make sure you can afford it.
    Yeah thanks, I am aware of that but we are £2 million in debt so no chance of that right now!

Wondered if there was anything else that can be done to help

Amateur

Anyone know if the scouting has any effect on the players that come through?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvon2 View Post
    Anyone know if the scouting has any effect on the players that come through?
    i doesn't appear so.

i always get exclusively garbage youth candidates whoever i am, if i'm a big club i have to hoover up under 17 players or i won't have any homegrown players for europe.

Amateur

I do believe that your scouting knowledge OR your affiliated clubs affects the nationality of incoming youth prospects, however this has nothing to do with their ability. So no, don't worry about it.

+ Reply to Thread