Sports Interactive: We Dont Want New Features

We dont want new features, prettier 3D graphics or any other fluff. We want long term career stability and we want it now :) We dont want to see poor managers taking over big clubs, nobodies taking charge of major national teams, unbalanced regens or any other nonsense that has continually ruined long term saves for years and years.

The cynic inside of me says you wont fix long term stability because you need to sell next years iteration so if you made the perfect game it might hurt next years sales.

Fix it SI. Its been going on for years.

Thank you, and thank you for a still enjoyable game. just fix it. :D

The fact is for all those that don't want new features in favour of fixing your issues among many others there are a host of people who do want new features. It's a balancing act, one that I'm sure SI have been weighing up for years and will continue to do so.

As for them not striving for perfection so as to sell the following years iteration thats pretty much nonsense, if they could perfect it they would have done already and they'd still sell shedloads each year because the updated db's among other things.

Pretty sure the vast majority would take improved AI & decent medium-long term save stability at the expense of 1 or more new features, but it's obviously not as simple as that and some sort of balance needs to be struck with newer users in mind. I can't say I've been too fussed about any of the new features from the last two versions of the game, although that probably puts me in a small minority.

Yeah both generally. We never put in a feature just for the sake of it, it's always in the hope that it'll improve the gameplaying experience.

I get the feeling thats why press conferences are in the game though. As a gaming experience they are repetitive and tedious. Many of us play in long stretches and having basically the same press conference four times in a gaming session is too much. I understand its something real managers do but SI have left out other things that real managers do like watch training.

If they put on the box Sam Allydyce won't become England manager in this game anymore that wouldn't tempt me :) Although that kind of thing is good to get fixed, I wouldn't be buying a game without new features.

Even if its loads of improved older features?

they can still do both ..

a lot people play lower leagues, and I'm one of those who is disappointed at the way of developing/coaching youth is really poor.

here a thread to explain my top wish thing :

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/308667-Generate-new-era-for-FM-disccussion-No.1-Player-Attributes-Training

Better A.I. is all I want, A.I. that can recognize player's tactical strengths and weaknesses, because right now players that have played this game enough will recognize A.I. formation's strengths and weaknesses and adjust accordingly, the same can't be said for the A.I.

Even if its loads of improved older features?

Its hard to say, I don't feel there is all that many things in fm that would make me buy it if it was updated. Maybe Press conferences and team talks a bit different but I need new features to wanna buy it. Having said that I guess there were years in the past where I have bought it without that many new features like the old cm games were it was literally a data update.

To some extent I agree with OP, but I also have to admit that some new features have significantly improved game itself. Unfortunately it's common rule that new feature usually have too many initial bugs and it takes couple of years to tune it better so that it fulfils its purpose.

I dont want new features, prettier 3D graphics or any other fluff. I want long term career stability and I want it now :)I dont want to see poor managers taking over big clubs, nobodies taking charge of major national teams, unbalanced regens or any other nonsense that has continually ruined long term saves for years and years.

The cynic inside of me says you wont fix long term stability because you need to sell next years iteration so if you made the perfect game it might hurt next years sales.

Fix it SI. Its been going on for years.

Thank you, and thank you for a still enjoyable game. just fix it.

Fixed for you ;)

But I have to say I agree with it in principle, would much prefer long-term playability improvements to pointless new features. If the new features are brilliant however, then fine.

I don't know why - but I can't get a long term save together. I've got 100 years into the game in previous versions.

Perhaps it's the drawl of the scouting features, the fact that the Scouts Assignment screen UI is completely frustrating to use (Add Scout restrictions to "potential 3.5 stars", say ok, can't re-edit that to say add in South Europe - you have to remove the Scout Assignment?)

The offering of Contracts has always been a tedious routine.

Staff being nicked by other teams

40 news items a day in the transfer window on transfers I couldn't care about (even editing the subscriptions)

Bid 80m for a player and it's rejected, find out 6 months later he's signed for another team for €23m (this happened with CR7)

Actually there's lots of times the AI just rejects my offer and accepts other AI offers for the same player at a lesser value.

It's far to easy to build a world class team. 3 seasons with Sunderland, Premier League winners.

Sort Players by position

- sell players with lowest potential

- buy players to fill spots, ensuring that CA/PA is higher than what you have already (I'm talking about ingame star ratings)

- play players with highest PA (in game stars)

-- wait til transfer window

- sell players not getting game

- sell players with PA 2.5 stars or lower

---- Rinse and repeat for 3-5 seasons - and you're team is now brilliant and playing champions league football. (My Sunderland team beat Barcelona 7-2 in the semi-final of the Champions League or close to that score)

Transfers

Too easy to use 48 month transfer clause (being saying this since FM10 or 11). People say "Well don't use it" that's not the point, it's too easy and the transfer budget isn't reflected by this over the 4 years. Board should step in more often when making xx month deals and just say "NO you've done too many deals, cash up front only for now".

Too hard to sell players (Had Snodgrass in Reserve and on loan for 4 seasons!)

Too hard to loan youth players with good potential. They either don't want to go, or no teams bid for them.

I often want a Career game - where I want to move from club to club. But I can spend 10 seasons at clubs getting Champions League and finishing 1-5 spot every time, win some major trophies - and no club tries to sign me for their team? I don't really recall in about umpteen saves many teams making a bid for my managerial services.

As soon as I get a GOOD youth prospect (which is the rarest thing in FM for some reason) and if I'm a lower rep team (championship or lower) the player gets poached before I even get a chance to play him. Happened about 5 times, across different saves. Arsenal sneaking in my backdoor and robbing all my good youth players (happens in other leagues too).

I can't get into the game anymore. Aside from the pointless news conversations and the option to have a press conference for every signing, from 14 years old to 40 years old.

I brought up the idea of Press Conferences for players after seeing the spectacle they put on for CR7 at Real, but I only meant for it to be for Marquee Signings, not every Tom, Dick and Harry that walks into the club.

I also have my players on the pitch with their best duty and role - and I have to manually set this every time I put them on the pitch? Every sub, every tactic change.

"No I don't want my 5'2 pacy striker to be a Target Man"

The game is frustrating, too many news items about unrealted things at your club and/or league. And there's too many UI inconsistencies. The UI is horrid as matter of fact.

I'd also like there to be a way to "gauge" the mood of the room before a team meeting. I have to save before the meeting in case I say "C'mon lads lets put in some great performances and win the league for the fans" - "36 players reacted badly"

Ok?

I have bought CM/FM every 2-3 years for the past 15-20 years. I then play it heavily, but after I call it a day I don't buy the next installment as I need to recharge my FM batteries. That way I possibly see bigger changes than some of you when I buy the new version (as I did with FM'12 last week).

While it takes a while to get used to the changes and new interface, on the whole I always like what I see (however press conferences still do nothing for me, and I always get my asst to hold them).

SI have surely got to try and enhance the game as an ongoing objective, but I do understand those who ask for them to slow down a bit and concentrate resources on improving older features.

I guess when people here have urged an improvement in a specific area for a number of years and there is no obvious input from SI then the complaint is valid.

SI have to balance both objectives though, as they need to sell each edition to make the business profitable. Either way, I won't be buying FM'13 regardless of new features, as I will either still be enjoying my current game, or recharging my batteries.

I feel the OPs pain and think his talking for a lot of the long term fans who have seen AI short comings bug the game for several iterations with seemingly glacial progress being made improving it. Having said that I can see SI's problem if they release a game with no new features and AI improvements that only become apparent after extended play they are going to be a lot of gamers and probably reviewers who scream that its a £30 data update.

Talking of reviewers has any one ever read a review of CM/FM that mentioned any of the problems that only become apparent with long term play? my guess is no. I think reviewers typically get a few weeks with a game before their review needs to be submitted. I'd be surprised if many made it more then a few seasons in before moving to the next game. Perhaps those of use who want long term challenge improved would be better off writing to review websites and publications and making them aware of the problems, perhaps if they reported the problem it might move up SI's list of priorities.

Everytime someone writes "CR7" a kitten is put in a bag and thrown into the nearest river to die. Please, think of the kittens. :(

CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7

I hate kittens.:)

Running out of bags.

Please return the Champions League, the World Cup and the Euro Championship to the way it was in FM 2007 when I could follow it in my news feed and see standings. Even when I subscribe to them I miss most of it. Please unbreak this new feature.

I want SI to listen more to what people say. To not conduct market research. To take their own initiative at times.

Rather than avoid what 1-2% of their fans want, listen to what they want. To open up a little more - let people vote on which features they'd like to see.

To engage directly with the community, not indirectly.

I want SI to listen more to what people say. To not conduct market research. To take their own initiative at times.

Rather than avoid what 1-2% of their fans want, listen to what they want. To open up a little more - let people vote on which features they'd like to see.

To engage directly with the community, not indirectly.

None of that post makes any sense at all.

"I want SI to listen to their fans, but not through market research (which btw includes the forums), but they should take their own initiative"

Market research is pointless. Would you implement a crap feature on a game that 75% of your games fans want to keep them happy, knowing that you could focus on better features that fewer people want? SI need to be smarter than this.

You also took my sentence out of context - "To take their own initiative at times". They need to innovate, and sometimes they will have to do that themselves, not through suggestions made on these forums.

You need to realise that not everyone has great ideas. Most people have not got good ideas. Only a minority have extremely good ideas, which usually end up being repeated by others. A minority will also have the worst ideas...

Market research is pointless. Would you implement a crap feature on a game that 75% of your games fans want to keep them happy, knowing that you could focus on better features that fewer people want? SI need to be smarter than this.

You also took my sentence out of context - "To take their own initiative at times". They need to innovate, and sometimes they will have to do that themselves, not through suggestions made on these forums.

You need to realise that not everyone has great ideas. Most people have not got good ideas. Only a minority have extremely good ideas, which usually end up being repeated by others. A minority will also have the worst ideas...

You have seriously underestimated both SI and SEGA if you believe this.

As much as I agree with this - long-term game is the most important piece for me - the game needs a refresh. It is looking OLD. OOTP looks better than FM now and their budget is surely smaller. Even if the refresh is small graphical enhancements to make us feel more immersed, that's fine. It needs something though.

CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7CR7

I hate kittens.:)

Running out of bags.

I hope every time someone quotes it two kittens are put in a bag and thrown into the nearest river to die.

I'm still playing FM10, not a fan of all these new features every time while the same old problems lie unresolved. Surely just by releasing a more polished version with a few small new features in there every now and again people will buy the new game just to see those annoying bugs gone.

I hope every time someone quotes it two kittens are put in a bag and thrown into the nearest river to die.

I'm still playing FM10, not a fan of all these new features every time while the same old problems lie unresolved. Surely just by releasing a more polished version with a few small new features in there every now and again people will buy the new game just to see those annoying bugs gone.

FM11 was supposed to be this...and it was the most polished but still had plenty of bugs.

I only write CR7 because it's a pain to say Ronaldo then people say "Which one?" and then I have to write Cristiano Ronaldo, then I spell it wrong and then someone would feel obliged to correct me, and these would be Christiano Ronaldo fans, which know him better as CR7. So makes sense to avoid confusion or angering his followers and just say CR7.

I stopped reading after that.

Tell me now why the iPad is so successful then, given that there was no market and therefore no way to research it? Tell me why did Minecraft explode in popularity when there were no other games like it?

Okay, I understand these are different product but it rings true to my ears that this is proof that market research is pointless. Perhaps what I said above may confuse people, but some day you may come to believe that market research is absolutely pointless.

You have seriously underestimated both SI and SEGA if you believe this.

I can assure you that I never underestimated SI or SEGA due to my statement. I do believe however that they can improve far beyond their current stature. I don't want them to become complacent because they have the #1 sports simulation game now.

Market Research is not pointless. Apple carried out market research for YEARS, and that's where the iPad came from, years of market research.

And minecraft was derived from inspiration from Infiniminer, and a few other games. It didn't spring up one day out of nothing.

Tell me now why the iPad is so successful then, given that there was no market and therefore no way to research it? Tell me why did Minecraft explode in popularity when there were no other games like it?

Okay, I understand these are different product but it rings true to my ears that this is proof that market research is pointless. Perhaps what I said above may confuse people, but some day you may come to believe that market research is absolutely pointless.

Just stop, your speaking complete nonsense. Apple are constantly conducting market research, every single successful company, no matter what product or service you make or offer, conducts market research. Even the burger van across the road from my work conducts market reasearch to an extent when deciding what specials they should have on the menu.

As Eugene has stated minecraft was inspired by a few other games that lead the dev's down that route.

I would be more than satisfied if the next FM had nothing new except a much more improved AI. They said they are working on a major ME update, so I'm happy to wait for that. Currently the game often feels very mechanical and script-like. It needs to be more flexible and logical in deals and decisions.

The problem is that hiring people now probably won't have much of an effect on the actual game - I'm sure the core new features are already set.

Those features might be more complete than previous iterations where they have been buggy. (Some at least) Meaning they may have more time to sort all the bugs that are reported after the game comes out, which it is guaranteed in a game like FM.

Archived