Do football tournaments ruin your current FM save?

I dont mean it as in because theres a tournament happening you never have time to play FM i mean it like this ...

I started a save with Amkar Perm in Russia.. it took alot of doing but i made them the dominant force with bargain Russian regens and a few foreign players... I was then offered the Liverpool job so decided to take it on and im really enjoying it. Liverpool sat 13th in the league, Dalglish was sacked, then Pardew was too then they turned to me, the team is now unrecognisable apart from Lucas and Pepe Reina.. I havent enjoyed a save game like this in a long time..

Along comes the opening game of Euro 2012 Poland v Greece. The commentator mentions that theres a trio of players who play for Dortmund.. Robert Lewandowski, Jakub Błaszczykowski and Łukasz Piszczek .. now i have a small urge to start a new save.. i then think about Dortmund more.. Kagawa, Gotze, Hummels and Subotic.. now all i wana do is start up FM and take over at Dortmund all thanks to sitting down to watch a game of football.

This seems to happen to me alot when i watch football i want to check out this player or that player and have them in my team which would probably mean starting a new save.

Is anyone else like this or similar to this in a way?

Been playing my FM11 save for at least 15 months now! So, ummm... No.

I prefer the game once its all regens, when its still real world players I find my saves will tend to be very similar in the first few years (i.e. always looking to sign the same players, or at the very least, sign the ones who impressed me in the prior save).

There's just something about a save where every player and coaching staff was signed by me, that's irresistible. I know what my recruiting process is like, its very strenuous and thorough, and there is no point in it if I am going to start a new save every couple weeks.

Yeah I've been playing the same FM2011 save for prolly 15 months too. I too prefer regens, I find them easier to get attatched to when I nurture them than if they were real players. That said, I like seeing how real players do diffently in different games or saves.

like in FM2010, one of my star defenders was Manny Smith at St Mirren, did well for them in the CL, but in FM2011, he was a crap player, but when he retired a *fantastic* assistant manager, I had him at Truro being my assistant for ages. I like little interplays like that, coming along players I'd used in past games, but mostly more vague names, not superstars.

I don't know about football tournaments, but I do get some club or nation entering my mind and have to see how they do. Recently it was Dynamo Dresden, and I looked at the German 2nd division and they were in the relegation zone. But instead of starting a new game, I added a second manager and managed them until they were safe, before retiring.

It's an annoying trait because it slows down my main game, but it's soothing I've always done. . I also got a bankrupt (again, again) Portsmouth out of the relegation zone of League 1. I think I enjoy it knowing I can do a better job than the AI keeping the club up, if only by having a better transfer policy.

Been playing my FM11 save for at least 15 months now! So, ummm... No.

I prefer the game once its all regens, when its still real world players I find my saves will tend to be very similar in the first few years (i.e. always looking to sign the same players, or at the very least, sign the ones who impressed me in the prior save).

There's just something about a save where every player and coaching staff was signed by me, that's irresistible. I know what my recruiting process is like, its very strenuous and thorough, and there is no point in it if I am going to start a new save every couple weeks.

Exactly this. The further I get into a game, the more I enjoy it.

I've been terrible on FM12. My longest save so far has only been 3 seasons and I must have started about 20 different ones. And yes the Euros have given me the urge to start another new one. Attention span of a goldfish I guess this time round :D

Always find the demo is the place to play with the famous players. Tend to stick to one main save (Hull City) and then a few off springs of 5-10 seasons with the likes of St Ettienne, Bilbao et all

Regens are what this game is all about (FML convert after all)

Approx 30 Seasons on my Liverpool save during FM11 only save I had from game launch till FM12 launch. Well into FM12 ive done 15 seasons at Liverpool and now I decided to try something new so I started a new save with my home town Widzew Lodz of Poland, nearing the end of my second season and loving it. A nice change of pace. I have no urge to try teams I don't love.

Archived