The Amazingly Dynamic Mr. Journeyman!

killakerr

I must begin by stating I am already in the 2017-18 season, and after a rather chaotic career (My game started in January 2012, I have managed five clubs already!) here is the breakdown of the story so far.

Wolverhampton Wanderers: 12.07.2012 - 25.10.2014

My career started at Premier League, Wolves. In 2011-2012, they own the League Cup, the squad was mediocre but they were in the Europa League so I decided to give them a go. First season, A remarkable run saw us get to the League Cup final, but blow a 2-0 against Manchester City, An FA Cup 6th Round exit to eventual winners Derby County, and a Europa League last 16 place. The cup runs were great, but the League was something completely unbelievable. A slow start saw us in a steady mid table position, but a great run from October through to the New Year, saw us launch a bizzare Champions League push. With all the competitions we were in beginning a fixture clog up, the players began to tire and they became very inconsistent, however a strong final few games (beating Manchester United and Tottenham) Wolves finished an incredible third place!

Season two was similar to season one, with the added incentive of a Champions League campaign. We made another cup final, FA Cup loss to the red side of Manchester this time, and League Cup hopes were thwarted by Derby County (again the eventual winner), who were fast becoming a thorn in my side. The Premier League was again a great season with another third place finish. The Champions League looked difficult. Seeded fourth, we had a group with Olympiakos, Zenit and Real Madrid. A 3-0 win v Olympiakos was a great start. A tonking by Zenit soon put us in our place and a defeat away to Madrid left our hopes languishing. We earned an incredible 2-2 with Madrid and beat Olympiakos leaving a decider against Zenit, winner goes through, and we won it! Last 16 saw us lose out 2-1 on aggregate to eventual winners Marseille, meaning every competition we've entered, we were beaten by the winners.

Season three again started slowly, but I never stuck around to see it end. In late October, Nottingham Forest, my boyhood hero's were managerless in the League One Relegation zone. I resigned from Wolves and attempted to save my favourite team back to promise land...

Wolverhampton Wanderers Honours:

Premier League: 3rd x 2.

FA Cup: Runners Up.

League Cup: Runner Up.

Nottingham Forest 30.10.2014 - 18.12.2015

Nobody likes to see there club relegated. Nobody likes to see them face relegation to League Two. Thankfully, after 15 games, we went on a 19 game winning streak putting us in contention for automatic promotion, which we have all but virtually guaranteed (3 points clear with an extremely better goal difference). At 2-0 up and with Charlton losing, we looked odds on favourites to not only get promoted, but to win the league, but a poor second half performance saw us lose 3-2 and go up as runners up on goal difference.

Season two saw me realise how, from a financial perspective, the team was in ruins. The two stars from the previous season were Chris Gunter and Milan Lalkovic were sold for £2mil each behind my back and I saw none of the money. I signed some potentially good free agents, and launched a great run towards the play offs. A bad run of five defeats saw us drop into tenth position, and although I think much of the situation, I found myself harshly sacked for a 'poor run of form'.

Archived