+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Worst fixtures at start of season

Amateur

Default Worst fixtures at start of season

Just started new game playing as Man Cityand my first few fixtures are : Spurs, Man Utd and then Liverpool now i know that its to bad but it just got my thinking what other peoples worst fixures to start the season have been?

Amateur

I managed Wolves for a while and one season I had Utd, City, Liverpool, N'Castle, Spurs and Arsenal as my first fixtures. Came out of that with 4 points lol, end of season fixtures were a piece of cake though

Third Team

AC Milan, Juve, Roma was my first three Serie A games, the season I got promoted.

Amateur

Similar. Pretty sure in my current United save I had Liverpool in the Charity Shield with City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Newcastle as my first four league fixtures. Thankfully I usually find AI teams manage pre-season fitness badly so I'm hoping I'll have the advantage!

Amateur

Had Roma, Milan, Inter as my first three fixtures on a Fiorentina save I had. Won the Roma game, drew the other two.

Amateur

Chelsea, man City, Man utd then Arsenal. managed to get a 0-0 at Chelsea and beat man utd 1-0 after an own goal...not bad for Hull City

Amateur

Had a few tough starts like this. Personally, I prefer to get these awkward games out of the way at the start of the season. I hate those Man U (a) type games coming as the last game of the season!

Part-Timer

In a Man Utd save:

Vs Man City (CS)
    Vs Chelsea (A)
    Vs Liverpool (H)
    Vs Man City (A I think)
    Vs Arsenal (H)

I lost the first two games, but I think it was a blessing in disguise. It fired up the team to absolutely destroy Liverpool + co.

Amateur

I once started a save with Fulham when they were scraping survival in the Premier League IRL (and I think Man City had just become rich) and my opening three games were Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal or Liverpool. I got hammered in all 3

+ Reply to Thread