iFMH 2012 - Imrpoving Players Stamina

I signed a regen (below) but his stamina has reduced to 2 from around 10. I have trained him under Light/Medium/Intense for Fitness but all seem to have no effect on him, does anyone have any tips for increasing his stamina?

It doesn't seem to affect his form though, he scored 15 in 20 for RC lens before I signed him. I then sent him on loan to Vitesse where he scored 11 in 9, I recalled him and he scored 7 in 5 last term and has 4 in 4 so far this season.

Can't upload image, his stats are:

Crossing 13

Dribbling 17

Heading 18

Passing 17

Shooting 19

Tackling 12

Technique 19

Aggression 13

Creativity 9

Decisions 17

Leadership 8

Movement 18

Positioning 13

Teamwork 12

Pace 15

Stamina 2

Strength 12

Morale - Good

• SI Staff

How old is he? - if he's ancient then you'll find his physical stats will decline over time, its part of aging ...

If he's younger how much has he been playing? - if its too much then he might be having problems handling the physical side of the game and that might be adversely affecting him (losing stamina is a first sign, continual injuries might follow).

Alternatively - he might just be a very unprofessional player who's letting fame to go this head and isn't interested in training ...

He’s 19 so I wouldn’t of thought that age would have been a factor in it.

I have only started him a few times and they have never been successively, usually he gets the last 10/15 minutes of every other game as he burns out too fast. He hasn’t been injured as of yet.

It must be the latter point, which is a shame as he is one of the best youngsters on the game and cost me quite a lot. In a dilemma now as his scoring record exceeds 1 every game but I can’t start him because by half time he only has roughly 50% conditioning. His value is around £15,000,000 so might keep him this season as a sub, hopefully he will keep up his scoring record and then I can get rid for a small profit in the summer.

In all seriousness, I tried the same (iOS) when I think I found a re-gen striker. Stamina was 6 ALL the time and he got tired every game. Scored quite a few, but got fed up with having to sub him every game or having to rest him. I realise youngsters need resting etc, but it didn't matter which training I gave him it didn't move. In fact strength training made it worse. I got £20m for him from Barca and bought somebody else..... but I have bought a couple of other younger players with great stats except stamina which I can't seem to increase!

Intense training seems to improve stamina for some of my younger players from say 3 or 4 to 13 to 14

One went from 6 to 18 so there is some way of doing it

In saying that though Fabio Da Silva's has been stuck at 11 forever

• SI Staff

Generally speaking the best way to improve a youngsters stamina is to play him but not 'too much' (ie. don't let him get jaded) and to increase his physical training somewhat to build him up, you may have to drop at least one other area to compensate for this though.

PS - You have to be patient with players it takes time for a players stamina to improve, also if it starts REALLY low chances are he'll never be a box to box style of player even if it improves.

Archived