EURO 2020 in my country

hey

I am managing Cercle Bruges ( a small club in Belgium) and a while ago, Belgium won the bid to organise EURO 2020.

The post says that a bunch of new stadiums will rise,

but what will happen to these stadiums?

Who will own them?

Will it affect my game in any way?

Should I make preparations of some sort?

Thanks,

lolspek

On my save no club has moved to any of the stadiums built to host an international tournament, there are even clubs who have spent millions building a new ground when there is an unused 60,000+ stadium in the city following a major tournament.

Hopefully the feature will be utilised for FM13.

You can ask to buy the ground that you're currently renting, afaik there is no option to ask your board to buy a ground built to hose matches at an international tournament.

As I said earlier the host nation feature does not appear to work as intended so it's probably not worth thinking about.

See posts #22 & #25 - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294394-12.1.1-Stadia-selection-amp-related-issue

That was one intention of the feature, unfortunately I am yet to see it happen in the game & looking at what happened in Belgium it doesn't look like it will ever happen.

Not sure about moving into vacant stadiums but when managing Rangers and Scotland got the Euros, the board announced to increase Ibrox from 55,000 odd to 75,000. This was fairly early in my save and they said it was because of winning the bid.

I don't think teams 'buy' the ground used for international tournaments. They propose to move in (like how West Ham and Spurs fought for the Olympic stadium), subject to approval.

Didn't Man City buy the City of Manchester Stadium though and then re-named it? could be wrong on this one though.

Didn't Man City buy the City of Manchester Stadium though and then re-named it? could be wrong on this one though.

Should have researched this before answering - Manchester City Council own the stadium and City lease it from them!! Ignore my post then.

Should have researched this before answering - Manchester City Council own the stadium and City lease it from them!! Ignore my post then.

Richest club in the world & they still have to live in a council house. ;)

Archived