waste of money

• SI Staff

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the game - if you'd care to give a little more information then I'm sure some of us here will be happy to try and advise you on what might be done to improve your teams consistency.

• SI Staff
blah blah its not realistic or no tactics work ....

You must be a fifa player by heart.:lol:

Guys please cut him some slack - a lot of people find management games tricky when they first try them.

As a 'standard' approach I'd recommend playing conservative tactics initially, stick to a 4-4-2 and keep things relatively simple, keep things pretty much 'standard' and only tweak the roles of 2-3 players while you get used to things and how your side performs .... then if the tweaks make them better, keep them - if not revert them and try something else.

Finally don't expect to win everything overnight, its a tactical game and can take getting used to - having the best striker in the world means nothing if he's constantly under pressure and never gets a clear cut chance ...

I find a fairly successful tactic is to play 4-3-3 with one very good defensive midfielder (box to box mid) in the center mid and two good at passing and creativity next to him...

My front 3 is always One good at dribbling, passing and cross, center one with great heading, and the other great shooting.

Back 4 have two wingers and two GOOD central defenders. You'll find your central midfielder will head back if your wingers arent around to cover some ground & honestly this gives easy access to goal scoring oppourtunity for new players of this game.

Give it a try. Remember, you need playmakers, good passers, crossing, technique. And it's not all about the final 3rd.

2 Wing Backs

2 Ball Playing CBs

2 Ball Winning CMs

1 Advanced Playmaker (behind the striker)

2 Inside Forwards (set wide in line with the APM)

1 Complete Forward

Passing - Attacking

Passing - Short

Tackling - Committed

Pressing - Yes

Offside - Yes

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind Ball - No

Works for me !!!

2 Wing Backs

2 Ball Playing CBs

2 Ball Winning CMs

1 Advanced Playmaker (behind the striker)

2 Inside Forwards (set wide in line with the APM)

1 Complete Forward

Passing - Attacking

Passing - Short

Tackling - Committed

Pressing - Yes

Offside - Yes

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind Ball - No

Works for me !!!

Quite similar :)

4-1-3-2. Attacking and pressing. Normals CBs and FBs. DLM anchoring. LCM and RCM ar BTB CM is APM. One CF and one Poacher. Just won EPL, FA, LC Champs Lge Euro Super and World Club in same season..... all players "fit" with their roles in the positions option i.e. preferred and/or recommended role..... no point in buying a wing back to play in goal!

Archived