Goals Against the run of play

Anyone else expierencing the whole, dominate a game, and more often than not, the opposition score from nowhere? Quite usually with their first shot?

I'm open to the occasional game where this happens, as it dos happen, but only occasionally. Not all the time, it's becoming very frustrating when i'm dominating the game.

This is how the Norwegian national team has gotten all their wins.

Also how Chelsea wins in the Champions league...

I assume you have the dominant team in theleague. Your opponent is then going to lie back and hope for a break. Thus you're going to see a lot of this.

• 2 weeks later...

It's your tactics!

It's not a bug, it really is about tactics. Please give some more info on your tactics and I'm sure somebody can break down exactly where you are going wrong.

You are probably playing an attack-minded formation, having lots of possession high up the pitch and lots of shots which are not easy chances. The opposition are defending in numbers and every now and then will get a counter-attack which exposes your thin defence and they create one great chance, so they score it.

It happens a lot in real life (just ask Kenny Dalglish).

If you swap Denmark with Greece there, you have a fairly accurate representation of the last group A game.

This kind of thing should happen. If it didn't, this game wouldn't be a football simulation at all.

Haha, as I'm typing this, Greece equalized against Germany, even though they've been completely run over with 71-29 ball possession in the first half...

This is football, plain and simple.

If you swap Denmark with Greece there, you have a fairly accurate representation of the last group A game.

This kind of thing should happen. If it didn't, this game wouldn't be a football simulation at all.

Haha, as I'm typing this, Greece equalized against Germany, even though they've been completely run over with 71-29 ball possession in the first half...

yeah i personally dont mind it lol. i was just pointing out a funny example i had recently. i don't consider it cheating by the AI/CPU. sometimes you get lucky, sometimes not. i remember plenty of instances where i was the one getting those 1-0 lucky wins haha

and damn you for ruining the match for me. i'm trying to avoid spoilers until i get home from work. oh well, at least i don't know the final score. and what you said is pretty much expected

so mentalty controls how meany shots you take if a pacey defender was in the box and a striker just shoots all day,all the defender has to do is time the shots and scoop up lose balls and hit on the counter and out number in the opposition box. and scores

Also the first group game Holland 0 (30 shots) vs Denmark 1 (8shots)

My argument is that it happens way too often. Dont get me wrong the ocassional 1 shot on target all game loss happens in real life, but as i've said, it's occasional..

It is frustrating, but I tend to think that it is bound to happen. It's programmed in game's code and just got to happen. So I'm kinda happy when that occurs because I know I'm free of it for the next 10+ games :D Never gotten two games like that in a row or something. Have you?

I dont see it happening too often in Fm2011 or 2010 tbh, sure it happens, but not overly so. It seems to happen more often when you're on worldwide rep though for me, but I dont think it's a problem, and if they didnt happen you'd never lose a lot of the time.

My argument is that it happens way too often. Dont get me wrong the ocassional 1 shot on target all game loss happens in real life, but as i've said, it's occasional..

Try checking some statistics, it happens a lot more frequently than just occasionally.

This does happen all too often to me. I will dominate games but get hit on the break by the opposition's first attack. I think I concede the first goal in about 30% of my games, despite being clearly the better team in most of them.

I don't dispute that it's partly the fault of my tactics, or that it happens in real life, but it seems to happen too many times, and it's seriously frustrating.

For those that think it happens too often, take a look at the La Liga table for last season.

Its fair to say that Barcelona dominate each of their opponents except perhaps Real and yet they drew 7 and lost 3 last season from 38 games.

So despite being the dominating team they dropped points in 26% of matches.

Archived