How long have you gone without conceding a LEAGUE goal???

I was just wondering how long you had gone without conceding a LEAGUE goal from the START of the season? Doesn't matter what club you are, what league you are in! A lot of people on here moan and whinge about not being able to defend properly, even when they try different tactics etc etc. I started a new game with Liverpool from the default database and i picked my best 11 and chose my tactics slowly and carefully. Took me about 30 minutes to do each player individually. My back 5 are...

GK: Reina

DR: Finnan

DL: Riise

DC: Carragher

DC: Agger

I have played 14 league games so far and i have conceded 0 goals. Arbeloa has filled in twice for Riise when he was injured. I have played Man Utd and Arsenal and they couldn't score. I conceded in my first 2 CL games away at Sporting and home against Valencia, so my defence isn't perfect. I am not sure if it is a bug or down to my unique tactics. I was just curious to find out how every one else are doing and how many LEAGUE games they have gone without conceding from the start of the season, and i guess during aswell. Sorry to keep going on....i have been in the pub all afternoon.

I was just wondering how long you had gone without conceding a LEAGUE goal from the START of the season? Doesn't matter what club you are, what league you are in! A lot of people on here moan and whinge about not being able to defend properly, even when they try different tactics etc etc. I started a new game with Liverpool from the default database and i picked my best 11 and chose my tactics slowly and carefully. Took me about 30 minutes to do each player individually. My back 5 are...

GK: Reina

DR: Finnan

DL: Riise

DC: Carragher

DC: Agger

I have played 14 league games so far and i have conceded 0 goals. Arbeloa has filled in twice for Riise when he was injured. I have played Man Utd and Arsenal and they couldn't score. I conceded in my first 2 CL games away at Sporting and home against Valencia, so my defence isn't perfect. I am not sure if it is a bug or down to my unique tactics. I was just curious to find out how every one else are doing and how many LEAGUE games they have gone without conceding from the start of the season, and i guess during aswell. Sorry to keep going on....i have been in the pub all afternoon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

16 is the record in the Records Thread, although that wasn't from the start of the season. 14 from the start is an incredible achievement, well done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I don't think its that good. Once went 2 seasons wthout conceding a goal in all competitions with Wolves. From 2007-2009.

Where's the records thread mate? In CM 01/02 i went through the 38 game season with Arsenal, only conceding 7 league goals, and 3 came in a 3-1 defeat against Tottenham. I have Derby away next and i am thinking now i have released this thread, i won't hit 15!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually I don't think its that good. Once went 2 seasons wthout conceding a goal in all competitions with Wolves. From 2007-2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha ha, yeah ok Jackanory!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shefki2008:

Where's the records thread mate? In CM 01/02 i went through the 38 game season with Arsenal, only conceding 7 league goals, and 3 came in a 3-1 defeat against Tottenham. I have Derby away next and i am thinking now i have released this thread, i won't hit 15! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here it is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dafuge .:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

16 is the record in the Records Thread, although that wasn't from the start of the season. 14 from the start is an incredible achievement, well done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I don't think its that good. Once went 2 seasons wthout conceding a goal in all competitions with Wolves. From 2007-2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a bit weird.

In my 4th season with spurs and have gone 26 games without conceding and 31 consecutive wins in a row. Could easily improve on that.

My back 5 is:

GK -Ustari

LB -Urby Emmanuelson

CB -Breno

CB -Barzagli

RB -Eboue

I also have Veloso, Lucas and Gerrard as 3 CM's above them who also provide much defensive cover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dafuge .:

Actually I don't think its that good. Once went 2 seasons wthout conceding a goal in all competitions with Wolves. From 2007-2009. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a bit weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look I respect you, and I kind of feel a bit sorry for you. If you're uncomfortable I'll just start a new account, but....I did set that record. Cant get the bloody image up.

Oh what do you know. 1-0 up, away at Derby, 92nd minute, Derby have a free kick...just outside the box....Atabi Hutchinson (who has a 13 for free kicks) BANG scores a right pearler!!!! I draw 1-1 and concede my 1st league goal of the season.

How long has anyone gone without conceding a league goal IN OPEN PLAY??? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Hahahahah. dafuge has a stalker icon_biggrin.gif! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Listen we're trying to work something out here...shut it...or I'll make a Jimbokav1971. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you say shut it? Rofl icon_biggrin.gif!

Look I respect you, and I kind of feel a bit sorry for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

So it's a sympathy tribute?

awesome

Your the coolest guy here. You know loads, bit weird with the whole dafuge challenge though. I have a life ! You've killed those of many. Probably never actually tried it yourself though icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly, true, not really, debatable, probably, of course I have.

Don't you think fm's getting a bit boring though. I mean I dont blame the game makers for a **** job, but the actual point of the game is getting old, its a bit .....repetetive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, can't say I've ever gone off FM because it is repetitive.

Ok, I mean 1st what a magic coincidence about the whole names thing with us, I mean the chances...

Anyway if you don't mind - since it seems you got here first - I'll keep this account, people will remember each of us as different.

1 who will give you great advice on the game, the other maybe not but keep you entertained in the game.

Not sure which one I am.

But we could be powerful allies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

how can they change the point may I ask. aren't you managing a football team

I don't know how i would change the point of Football Manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where they're in a bit of a problem.

Ok, I mean 1st what a magic coincidence about the whole names thing with us, I mean the chances...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you pick your username then?

Anyway if you don't mind - since it seems you got here first - I'll keep this account, people will remember each of us as different.

1 who will give you great advice on the game, the other maybe not but keep you entertained in the game.

Not sure which one I am.

But we could be powerful allies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a new "post of the year" icon_biggrin.gif.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you pick your username then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's like on youtube when you make a video, well in the tags you put some of the really BIG guys usernames in there, you get more views.

dafuge, your his hero icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok do you watch Simpsons? Anyway, in that episode where Homer gets fat(fatter) and he works at home, and he gets that thing that looks like a bird, goes back and forth, I got summink like it, but it picks different keys, and I said I'd let it choose lucky number 7 keys, and thats what it came up with - magic.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok do you watch Simpsons? Anyway, in that episode where Homer gets fat(fatter) and he works at home, and he gets that thing that looks like a bird, goes back and forth, I got summink like it, but it picks different keys, and I said I'd let it choose lucky number 7 keys, and thats what it came up with - magic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you got a nodding bird to press random letters on a keyboard, and it came up with the exact name as someone else on the site? Also, you said you let it choose 7 letters, and if i can count proparly, then Dafuge is 6! Il check

D(1)

a(2)

f(3)

u(4)

g(5)

e(6)

Definatly 6!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

That pecking this is flippin amazin icon_eek.gif!

It can even use the shift key at will icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's started his name with a capital letter, he's one up on me already icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

so 'real' dafuge, how did you get your name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he typed it when creating his profile icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom =):

so 'real' dafuge, how did you get your name? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a university nickname I had before I signed up to these boards.

Back on topic...in my current Man U save I've conceded just 3 in 21 games. In all other competitions I've not conceded, in total I've played 33 games. That's 1 goal every 11 games. And iirc the record for most concecutive games without conceding is 16, I went on a run of 26 games. icon_eek.gif

I better go update the record. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

This is rather amusing. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. Haha. I was reading Dafuge . post quoting dafuge and was thinking - "WTF, why the hell is he quoting himself?" lol.

Archived