+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PPM beat offside trap.

Amateur

Default PPM beat offside trap.

What makes a player good with the PPM? Every time I have a player with that PPM playing as a forward I allways end up with 10+ offsides a game, and it seldom comes to fruition with the PPM like 2-3 goals a season against 3-4 wasted opportunities every match.

Amateur

They'd need good anticipation and off the ball. Also probably less useful to use if you don't play many through balls.

Amateur

Said forward got 20 anticipation and 18 off the ball, spite this he keeps hanging offside for everything, every through ball, every free kick everything.

Amateur

Which role are you playing him in? It's good for quick poachers but even so there's no guarantee he'll be successful every time. I'm thinking of someone like Hernandez for Man United. More often than not he'll be offside. Also I suppose it relies on your playmakers picking the right pass at the right time.

Amateur

Not sure why you're suffering. I play Hernandez as a lone striker as poacher, he averages a goal a game. I haven't noticed him being offside an inordinate number of times. I play with 3 AMC's, 2 as AP and 1 as IF.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ndebergerac View Post
    Not sure why you're suffering. I play Hernandez as a lone striker as poacher, he averages a goal a game. I haven't noticed him being offside an inordinate number of times. I play with 3 AMC's, 2 as AP and 1 as IF.
    If that's aimed at me I meant more in real-life heh. At least this season when he wasn't in such good form!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Giggsidan View Post
    If that's aimed at me I meant more in real-life heh. At least this season when he wasn't in such good form!
    Nah, was just suggesting to the OP that I'm not suffering from the same issues with that particular ppm, just coincidence that Hernandez was the player in question.

+ Reply to Thread