Can the user interface be changed - the whole game seems so unrealistic. I took Plymouth from league 2 to champs league winners in 6 seasons. This never happens.

The rating system for managers does not work, in the real world if a manager gets a club promoted twice clubs will want him. Not in this game as his rating is likely to still be local. Look at review rating please.

If a player has transfer value of 8k for example why does his club ask for more.

If a player wants to leave a club and a fee is suggested when you bid at that fee why does his club ask for more.

• SI Staff
Can the user interface be changed - the whole game seems so unrealistic. I took Plymouth from league 2 to champs league winners in 6 seasons. This never happens.

The AI will continually be revised and improved however just because something hasn't occured irl recently it doesn't mean it couldn't; Newcastle at a case in point a decade or two ago when Keegan came in they went from the lower leagues to challenging for the title in record time; Wimbledon in the 80's went from non-league to challenging for a European spot within a decade or so ... strange things can happen.

The rating system for managers does not work, in the real world if a manager gets a club promoted twice clubs will want him. Not in this game as his rating is likely to still be local. Look at review rating please.

I agree somewhat with this - I'll be taking a look into this area, HOWEVER his actual overall reputation will likely remain fairly low if he hasn't done anything with a big club or won a big trophy imho.

If a player has transfer value of 8k for example why does his club ask for more.

A transfer value is the neutral valuation of that play if the club didn't want to keep him - its 'normal' for a club to want more unless the player in question is transfer listed, this is simply to add some skill into the transfer market otherwise it'd be simply your bidding a pre-known amount each time ... as it is you have to work out through negotiation what an acceptable fee is or risk paying over the odds (as irl).

If a player wants to leave a club and a fee is suggested when you bid at that fee why does his club ask for more.

If a player wants to leave your club and a fee is suggested in a rumoured news item .... do you always sell for that fee? .... if not why should the AI?

this seems like the best place to post at the mo. couldn't find another similar thread though it leads on from something i've posted b4.

i like fmh. but yes, '13 could certainly do with a few tweaks. for me, i want full text commentary as an option for those who DO have a few hours spare to play an extended session. i want to know what's working and what isnt.

yes, most people will dip in and out of fmh but there should be the option to give it some serious hours like the pc/mac version.

a single line of text commentary is pointless. so-and-so runs with ball without knowing what preceeds and follows doesnt really help.

finally, is there any way of going back and reviewing stats from previous games?

neil

Is there any chance there will be more detailed stats on your managerial career? Similar to a players stats which are there yearly. For example if I'm 15 years in, I could go back and see records from previous years and what trophies ive won with the clubs I've been with. Does that make sense?

Other than that love the game.

• SI Staff
Is there any chance there will be more detailed stats on your managerial career? Similar to a players stats which are there yearly. For example if I'm 15 years in, I could go back and see records from previous years and what trophies ive won with the clubs I've been with. Does that make sense?

Other than that love the game.

Noted - I'll see what I can do :D

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Have loved this game since the days of amiga 500 - partly the reason my academic life suffered for a long time. I am such a fan of the international management side of things but have noticed it is lacking in depth and really needs an overhaul. I am an irish supporter which has some downfalls so it would be great to be able to approach players to change nationality if it looks like they wont get a look in for their preferred nation. I have noticed in some speech colums that "nationality" is listed as a topic but has never been highlighted so i have never figured out what it is for. Love the game man, im playing now nearly 18 years and will def be buying it the day it comes out. Thanks heaps.

Is there any chance of having more managers in the game? Sometimes you just see the same people getting similar jobs. In real life there's a much much higher turnover of managerial talent. Not enough sackings, not enough of a pool of managers.

Just a minor gripe - every time a new game comes out I edge closer to a divorce I haven't initiated

I'm sure there probably aren't too many people asking for this, but is there a chance we'll see MLS league in FM2013? I'd love to play as my home club here in the States. I love playing as my favorite EPL and nPower clubs, but it would be nice to manage my home club FC Dallas while I'm at a match instead of having to manage them in FIFA12. Because I really enjoy this game so much better for club management!

Thanks for the hard work, guys.

• 3 months later...

I wrote a little review on another site, thought i'd post it here, to maybe get some feedback which will make me pick the game up again..

"This is SO close to the perfect football manager game, a really well-made game with several great improvements from the the earlier versions.

Having played it for two-and-a-half seasons, getting Blackburn to upper half Premiership standing, i am beginning to see some patterns.

Most noticeably, the amount of chances created vs rating/result. I continuously create equal number of chances or more than the opposition, but have a much lower success rate and overall team rating. This confuses me, as if a team came to Etihad Stadium and produced 16 chances, 6 on goal, 3 clear-cut, scores two goals, WOULD have played a great match, but i got a team rating of 6,4. City prduced 17/6/1 and cored 5 goals, and a 7,6 team rating. Fine with me, they are the better team, but dont leave me with those numbers and tell me we were wiped off the field! When i see those numbers i think we did really well, but to keep the squad morale high, i have to give them the hairdryer treatment because of the low rating"

I wrote a little review on another site, thought i'd post it here, to maybe get some feedback which will make me pick the game up again..

"This is SO close to the perfect football manager game, a really well-made game with several great improvements from the the earlier versions.

Having played it for two-and-a-half seasons, getting Blackburn to upper half Premiership standing, i am beginning to see some patterns.

Most noticeably, the amount of chances created vs rating/result. I continuously create equal number of chances or more than the opposition, but have a much lower success rate and overall team rating. This confuses me, as if a team came to Etihad Stadium and produced 16 chances, 6 on goal, 3 clear-cut, scores two goals, WOULD have played a great match, but i got a team rating of 6,4. City prduced 17/6/1 and cored 5 goals, and a 7,6 team rating. Fine with me, they are the better team, but dont leave me with those numbers and tell me we were wiped off the field! When i see those numbers i think we did really well, but to keep the squad morale high, i have to give them the hairdryer treatment because of the low rating"

This sounds like FM, not FMH?

Archived