FM12 - Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool

TWalsh

Playing FM12 with the latest patch as well as the Weegie update. Loaded the top two leagues from Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal + Spain as well as all the English leagues.

------

Introduction

Liverpool Football Club are an English football club based in Merseyside currently playing in the Barclays Premiership.

They were founded in 1892 and have played in Anfield since their founding. They have long standing rivalries with both Everton and Manchester United. They have won numerous honours including both domestic and European success. They have won more European Cups than any other English club as well as holding the record for League Cup successes. The Premiership has so far eluded them in the history of the league.

After the dismissal of King Kenny, the club decided to appoint lifetime fan and ex-player Darren Burns, who only recently retired as a player after spending his entire playing career at Anfield, as manager as opposed to Brendan Rodgers who had resigned from Swansea.

Board Expectations 2011/12

Premier League - Qualify for Europa League

FA Cup - Semi Final

Europa League - Second Knockout Stage

Carling Cup - Not important

Personally I will be aiming for the top four in the league and Champions League football for next year but didnt want unnecessary pressure. Regarding the cups, I will be using the Carling Cup solely to blood youngsters whereas in the Europa League and FA Cup will depend on the opposition bit I would like to win one or both.

Budgets 2011/12

Transfer Budget - £20,000,000

Wage Budget - £1,628,412 per week (currently spending £1,479,893 per week)

Squad 2011/12

Goalkeepers

Pepe Reina

Doni

Brad Jones

Defenders

Glen Johnson

John Flanagan

Martin Kelly

Jamie Carragher

Martin Skrtel

Sebastian Coates

Daniel Agger

Danny Wilson

Jose Enrique

Jack Robinson

Midfielders

Steven Gerrard

Lucas Leiva

Charlie Adam

Alberto Aquilani

Joe Cole

Jonjo Shelvey

Jordan Henderson

Jay Spearing

Wingers

Craig Bellamy

Stewart Downing

Maxi Rodriguez

Raheem Sterling

Strikers

Luis Suarez

Andy Carroll

Dani Pacheco

Probably won't be too many changes in the first season as I prefer to buy in young players and blend them into the team but I may need some experienced campaigners for strength in depth.

Good luck fella. I will be following.

Thanks, I've already went against my transfer policy as I've offered contracts to many experienced free agents but the majority will prove to be excellent tutors.

------

Expect a pre-season update tomorrow evening at some stage.

_45783210_liverpool_226.gif

Liverpool FC - 2011/12 Preseason Update

Friendlies:

A good preseason where we remained undefeated as well as getting all our squad match fit. Started with two easy games with two completely different squads with two resounding victories. Next up was an away trip to River, a testing fixture which we came through with a victory. This was followed up with a game against Barcelona, the kings of European and World football but we held our own against them and had the lead for a large part of the game before a late equaliser. The final game before the league campaign started was against AFC Liverpool, which was arranged to raise the confidence of the players in the hope that we would hit a few goals and hit the ground running in the league.

Europa League:

Two fixtures that I treated as further friendlies which almost backfired in the first leg but thankfully our superior quality showed and we won convincingly.

Transfers:

Quite a few incoming transfers which I hadn't really planned for but when I seen the players that were out of contract, I couldn't resist adding some quality depth to the squad. These older, experienced free agents included Ronaldinho and Mathieu Flamini as well as ex-Liverpool players David James and Danny Murphy. Another free agent bought was Mohamed Diame and will add depth to the team. Regarding the youngsters bought, English youngsters Robbie Cotton, Nick Powell, Jamal Blackman and Jack Grimmer were brought in for minimal fees along with free agent Nicolas Lodeiro and highly talented Brazilian wonder-kid Felipe Anderson.

Regarding the outgoing players, these included players in the reserves and under 18's that were released that were simply were never going to make it. Further youngsters were sold on for small fees. Joe Cole, Alberto Aquilani, Jay Spearing and Maxi Rodriguez were let go as their wages are not representative of their ability. Danny Wilson and Jonjo Shelvey were loaned out to our new feeder club to gain invaluable first team experience.

Squad:

Quite a change from when I arrived but I now feel there is a good mix of youth and experience within the squad as well as further youngsters in the U18's and a couple out on loan. Fairly happy with he level of depth and versatility we have in the squad which will hopefully be good enough to get a top four finish this year.

Your friendlies screenshot is your transfers :).

Nice start though :thup:.

Cheers for that, should have known to check screenshots.

Good luck with this!

Funny to see David James and Danny Murphy back at Anfield :eek:

Yea, thought it would be good to bring them back as tutors and on low wages. Both can still do a job if needed.

_45783210_liverpool_226-1.gif

Liverpool FC - August 2011 Update

Premier League

resultsaugust2011.png

leaguetableaugust2011.png

A good start to the league campaign with two wins and a draw from what could have been three tricky enough fixtures, particularly the trip to the Emirates. Nice to see Downing and Henderson opening their accounts for the club early on. A good opening win over West Brom was followed with a draw against Sunderland where we conceded a late goal to prevent an 100% start. We then picked up 3 points against Arsenal when we didn't even deserve a point as we were played off the pitch but the defence was fantastic.

Europa League

elresultsaugust2011.png

Realistically, this was just another chance to get players fit and try different things such as a 3 man defence in the first leg which looks promising. Bigger challenges await as we hopefully process through the competition

The draw for the group stage has also taken place. We were one of the top seeded teams in the draw and were drawn in Group H. I would like to expect we'll have enough quality to qualify whilst blooding some of the younger players.

elgroupfixtures2011.png

The other groups were as follows:

elgroups2011.png

Some big teams in there, especially Group A with Napoli, PSV and Athletic as well as Group C with Lazio, Anji, Lyon and AZ.

Liverpool FC September 2011 Update

Results

Untitled.png

Premier League

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-2.png

Three games, three wins and three clean sheets in a great month following the international break. It all started with a 1-0 win over moneybags Man City in what was an even game. This was followed up with what was our best performance of the season so far away to QPR before another clean sheet against Norwich secured a further 3 points for us.

Europa League

UEFAEuropaLeagueOverview_Stages-4.png

We started the group stage of the tournament with an away draw to FC Twente where a lot of young players played and performed well, however in the following match I underestimated Dnipro and was lucky to escape with the draw.

League Cup

With the squad being hit hard with injuries, we fielded a very inexperienced starting team which just proved that some of our backup players aren’t good enough and that some of the youngsters aren’t yet ready.

Archived