Realistically, can I win the league??opinions

Just been hired as Inter manager after Mourinho having a terrible start to his career there(down to Cesar being injured i think) 5 games into my stint here we are 7th, up from 11th....but 9 points behind 1st placed AC Milan.

What I want to know is if people thing its too big a task and to concentrate on next season, or go all out to win this league title.

Table glimse

Team........played....points

AC milan....17.........37

Juventus...17.........36

THEN 4 OTHER TEAMS

Inter.........17........28

Mourinho inter manager?

Yeh I was surprised too, he went to united after Fergie retired, then after a disappointing season(6th place) he got fired and somehow got straight in at inter...only to get fired after just 12 league matches due to bad results

21 games to go, and you need them to drop 9, its definitely doable, but its out of your hands. What does their schedule look like? Do they have a stretch of tough games at any point? And your own sched? Is the match against AC designated as home or away (obviously it will be at the Meazza!)

But pretty much you are looking at them drawing 3 more games than you, and losing the head to head, and you have to win everything.

It will be difficult, but with a nice 20 game winning streak you could be right up there. :)

It will be difficult, but with a nice 20 game winning streak you could be right up there. :)

You sound like you know what your on about, and you say I have a chance...I shall go for it :)

Got us training 2 styles of play a more natural italian through the middle 4-0-3-1-2 and then an expansive wide playing 4-1-2-2-1

Got rid of some deadwood(there was a lot lying around) and bought in: Balotelli, Kakuta and Andy Polo(cover) and only spent about 15mil.

Just been hired as Inter manager after Mourinho having a terrible start to his career there(down to Cesar being injured i think) 5 games into my stint here we are 7th, up from 11th....but 9 points behind 1st placed AC Milan.

What I want to know is if people thing its too big a task and to concentrate on next season, or go all out to win this league title.

Table glimse

Team........played....points

AC milan....17.........37

Juventus...17.........36

THEN 4 OTHER TEAMS

Inter.........17........28

How many times do you play Milan and Juventus? Did you already play each of them once, or do you play either of them twice still. Two wins against Milan would have you make up 6 points on them right there.

I took over Juventus in almost the exact same position. 16 games played and 12th in the league, 14 pts behind the league leader. Now I have two games left and I'm currently 1st, 2 pts ahead of Udinese and Milan. It's been a strange season though, with most of the teams that were top mid-season failing to grab easy wins.

Definitely doable, but you need luck on your part:

Milan: 37 points in 17 matches = an average of 2,18 points per match. 2,18x21=45,78 points. 37+46=83 points, which is not very impressive.

Inter: 84-28=56 points left to take. 56/21=2,67 points per match. So you can lose 0,33 points every match, which translates to 1 point every third match, so if you draw you can only do so once every 6 matches, and a loss once every 9th match. This means that you can afford:

Two losses, no draws.

One loss, two draws.

Three draws.

I suppose you should get someone who know maths to take a look at what I said here :p

It is getting close at the top...sort of anyway.

1. AC Milan......pld:23 points:53

2. Sampdoria...pld:24 points:45

3. Inter..........pld: 24 points 45

3. Cagliari.......pld:24 points: 45

5. Roma.........pld:24 points 44

6. Juventus....pld:24 points 44

So ive caught the main pack, but while doing so AC Milan have build up a small lead up there, once there game in hand comes into play they will have an 11 points lead...which is more than it was when i started this thread.

It is getting close at the top...sort of anyway.

1. AC Milan......pld:23 points:53

2. Sampdoria...pld:24 points:45

3. Inter..........pld: 24 points 45

3. Cagliari.......pld:24 points: 45

5. Roma.........pld:24 points 44

6. Juventus....pld:24 points 44

So ive caught the main pack, but while doing so AC Milan have build up a small lead up there, once there game in hand comes into play they will have an 11 points lead...which is more than it was when i started this thread.

A friend of mine was £80 million in debt in close-season. Then the owner injected 85m to get rid of the debt, and when the prize money and everything came he was 90m in the green. You cannot bankrupt Inter, so just buy whatever your heart desire... you can both go for the title now and do so next season and every season thereafter.

I got offered the job at Juventus who hadn't won anything since the start of the game (I took over in 2015/2016). Inter have dominated Serie A since the start, winning it every year.

Juve's squad was old and full of highly paid deadwood. The only saving grace was a £30m transfer budget and also a £1.5m wage budget. Basically, throughout the whole summer, I sold nearly the entire squad and bought an entirely new one.. I think I kept about 5 players who were already there - Buffon (who was 37 now - wasn't going to play him, but when you think Juventus, you think 'Buffon' so I couldn't sell him), Chiellini, Marchisio and strangely enough, Javier Hernandez.

Things got off to a pretty shaky start, first match at home to Udinese, I lost 2-4 after going 2 goals up early..! Then an early season loss again at home to Inter meant I was already trailing by 6 points after about 6 games. At one point, I seem to remember Inter at 11 games in had only conceded 4 goals with a 100% record. A couple of more draws to weaker opposition meant I was trailing by 9 points, wondering how I was going to catch up.

For whatever reason, I guess my squad gelled and we went on an unbeaten run and at the halfway stage, we were in 2nd, 6 points behind. Another loss to Udinese.. but a win against Inter away meant we kept in touching distance. Then for whatever reason, Inter have just collapsed. about 3/4 way through, they couldn't buy a win and were losing and drawing to much lesser opposition. So much so, that we overtook them comfortably and have now just won Serie A with 5 games to spare. Inter have slipped to 3rd and we are 20 points clear of 2nd place. No idea what happened there.

I've just taken a look at the previous seasons and seen that the league winners each year:

2012 - 73pts

2013 - 79pts

2014 - 75pts

2015 - 72pts

so I guess that if you can get higher than the average points managed by previous champions you'll always have a chance.

We stand a chance now. I have played 32 so have 6 more games to go. We are 3 points behind Milan with identical results home and away against them, and I think we have a better goal difference, now just need some miracle to happen and them lose one or two to help me into top spot. If it happens will be my proudest turn around I have done. Better than 7th at x mas to league winners on final day when I was at PSG.

Final day, i must win and hope for AC to draw or lose...I have goal updates on till 60th min, we are 2-0 up and milan are 1-0 up.....go blind for the remaining half hour, no goal updates....Get to end we win 3-0.....and AC dropped 2 goals and we won! amazing first season, jsut signed a nice 5 year contract....The future is bright at Inter

Final day, i must win and hope for AC to draw or lose...I have goal updates on till 60th min, we are 2-0 up and milan are 1-0 up.....go blind for the remaining half hour, no goal updates....Get to end we win 3-0.....and AC dropped 2 goals and we won! amazing first season, jsut signed a nice 5 year contract....The future is bright at Inter

Congratulations! Well done.

Archived