Cuban NT manager and other questions

Hey guys, before I say anything let me say that I am new to the FM series(starting with FM12), so sorry if some of these questions are rather dumb. I was wondering:

1) Is there any ways to manage the Cuban National Team since it is not in my main setup screen when I am starting my career? I have found no way so far... It will allowe me to show all details on the national league, etc but will not give me the option to manage the NT. IAlso I have not found any patches that would let me manage a team in CONCACAF outside of MEX and the USA.

2) Is there any ways thatI can set up my game to start managing both a club and a national team from the start or do I have to start with one and wait to get an offer from the other down the line? I read that you can manage both a club and a NT at the same time but I have found not explanation as to how to set this up.

3) Finally, I just completed my second season managing in the San Marino league. I have managed to get good players to sign up and have won the league/cup double both years, and my finances are doing good. However the option to go professional has not come up with the board yet (its greyed out) and when i put my mouse over it a message says that I do not meet the requirements. My question is what are teh requirements to go from being amateur to semi-pro and then to pro? Is there any post online that lists these or can anyone tell me? Thanks

1) You simply need enough players of that nationality in the game for the job to become available. I'm not sure exactly how many players it is, but I think it's around 50. If there aren't that many in the game at the start, then the only way you'd be able to manage Cuba is to manually add players yourself using the editor before loading the game. Either that, or finding an unofficial data patch somewhere if somebody has already done that. You could also use FMRTE to change the nationalities of existing players in the game to Cuban, but that's also an unofficial editor and you have to pay a small amount to do that.

2) I'm almost certain you can't do both when adding a manager at the start, you can only pick one or the other and hope to be offered another job during your career.

3) I'm afraid I can't help you with this one, I haven't a clue.

3. I have managed many times in San Marino and I have found it takes a long time to become semi pro. You need to get quite far in the Europa League/Champions League to become semi pro. To become professional you need quite a bit of money so I think you would need to get to the group stages of one of the European competitions.

Thanks guys for the replies. I downloaded the patch here which has the Cuban league so there should be plenty of players to coach the Cuban NT but still nothing. The job usually gets filled at the start of the game, if down the line it opens up again, would I be able to apply for it or is it only the teams listed?

Thanks guys for the replies. I downloaded the patch here which has the Cuban league so there should be plenty of players to coach the Cuban NT but still nothing. The job usually gets filled at the start of the game, if down the line it opens up again, would I be able to apply for it or is it only the teams listed?

Try adding a new manager and see if Cuba is on the list of national teams you can manage. If it is there, then you should be able to apply for it if it opens up later.

Archived