That One Thing You Don't Want To See In A Regen....

So there i am looking through my under-18 squad at Reading after adding a great up and coming talent from Blackpool, i come across a guy and i think cracking.

mauricekeaneoverviewpro.png

Not a super-regen, brilliantly developed already, but someone i can nurture over time and become an extremley useful player. I find it rare to find a regen with good finishing AND composure its usually one or the other. Despite his lack of pace i was thinking with four years of training surley he can improve that then i read the following.

mauricekeaneoverviewinf.jpg

Don't worry about lack of pace, he's a poor dribbler, and doesn't have the best movement, so having that extra pace won't be that useful anyway. Improve his heading, strength and first touch, and he could be a quality big strong target man.

He is too slow and has mediocre dribbling, anticipation, creativity and decisions. Im not sure he will be a valuable EPL player.

He's 16 and his determination is 20, with the right development he'll be at least a squad player for a top Prem club.

Too many key attribues are very low for a striker/winger. This means his CA is very low atm, and he would need to have a very steep learning curve if he is to gain +4/+5 in everything. The problem is that even if he does, he would be a physical monster with shooting his only other top-notch skill, so his usefulness will be quite limited. You can make a tactic where that can be efficient enough, but is that tactic better than one that utilizes a more intelligent, creative striker? I doubt that. The more players you have that can create chances for themselves and others as well as putting them away, the more potent your team becomes. In today's football, even one out of 10 outfield players who relies solely on his teammates to create chances for him may be one too many when it matters the most, regardless of his efficiency when the team manages to do so.

Plenty of examples of young players having big increases in attributes as they develop. Especially this guy given he has a driven personality and 20 for determination.

Could easy end up with 20 for finishing, 15+ for positioning and off the ball, 17-18 for composure and 18 for jumping. If you can develop his pace/acc, anticipation and heading to 12+, he'll score at any level.

I reckon he could easily become a good premier league player, perhaps not a star but certainly someone whom it's great to have in specific match situations. He'll also be very useful for the development of the other players in the youth squad as he'll score tons in the U18s league. That means that the average ratings for the team will be raised (as they tend to do when the team wins by a large margin) and thus he will benefit the development of the star youngsters in that team. His determination will mean that he'll benefit a lot more from being sent on loan at the right team and in the end you should also be able to make a healthy profit from selling him when he's more developed, depending on how much you bought him for.

Archived