Your Best 11 here - Favourite Players too (no regens)

Hmm i dont think i could name a full eleven as i havent completed many seasons but for whatever reason (pending i'm in the championship or below) i always tend to sign Stevenage's centre half Mark Roberts and also Chuks Aneke i like to try and make him a solid prem league quality player, oh and Charlie Telfer (16yr old always released by Rangers) lol

my best-performing and best-deal non-regen players that i have BOUGHT

Branescu(fm12-roma)

Schelotto(fm11-siena) GonzaloRodriguez(fm11-everton) Rajkovic(fm12-roma) Lukovic(fm10-roma)

MauroMilano(fm11-siena) FrodeJohnsen(fm11-siena) Vukojevic(fm11-everton) Buonanotte(fm10-roma)

Cardozo(fm10-roma) Paloschi(fm12-roma)

My strongest all time FM XI (so no CM players):

Igor Akinfeev - never actually controlled him, but he's the only goalkeeper who stands out despite some great ones playing for me. I remember him making impossible double and triple saves on FM07.

Darijo Srna- had him for Reading on FM07 and Man City on FM09 or 10. Only regens stand out to be honest, but I never had any issues with Srna. Versatile and a good set piece taker.

Ibrahima Sonko- a total rock for my Reading team on FM07.

Martin Skrtel- complemented Sonko excellently at Reading. Also had him at Liverpool on FM10.

Nicky Shorey- going to round off my title-winning defence from Reading. Excellent going forward, and displaced Ashley Cole from the England side.

Maxi Rodriguez- scored loads of goals and dominated my right flank, first at Atlético on FM07, then at Liverpool on FM10.

Michael Ballack- the best player I've ever had. Dominated the midfield for my Chelsea side on FM07, and scored brilliant goals with both feet and his head.

David Dunn- my Blackburn team from FM11 moved from 19th to 8th after I took over. Dunn was easily our best player, dribbling forward from midfield. He'd spend 70 minutes trying to set up a goal, then when one chance too many was missed, he'd score one himself.

Mark Gonzalez- outperformed Messi for my Liverpool side on FM07. Scored four goals in one brief subsitute appearance against Newcastle.

Daniel Sturridge- kept my Burnley side up on FM07, notably scored 5 goals in one match and was one of two Premiership-quality players.

Danny Welbeck- I have to include someone from my current Newcastle side. He massively outscored Ba and Cisse... until his loan expired :(

Good stuff lads! I always remember Berbatov for my FM09, 42 EPL goals and 19 assists in 36 games. A Target Man like no other. On my recent Barca save Iniesta assisted 42 of our league goals while scoring 7 himself. Fabregas though, 22 league goals with 12 assists. I found that just brilliant! I couldn't drop either of them lol, awesome season.

Iker Muniain - Had him in my game last year after seeing someone recommend him and he was brilliant - got him again this year and he's once again being brilliant.

Eden Hazard - again someone who i bought in previous versions and is performing excellently again

Paloschi! Man I had forgot about him. Made him into a PSV legend on FM11 after getting him on a free. Used to net consistent hat-tricks. Thanks man.

i think paloschi has "dislikes AC milan" in his hidden attributes

i had a run of fixtures where i was playing AC milan 4 consecutive matches in a row (cup, CL leg 1, league, CL leg 2)

paloschi netted a hat trick in all 4 matches

i think paloschi has "dislikes AC milan" in his hidden attributes

i had a run of fixtures where i was playing AC milan 4 consecutive matches in a row (cup, CL leg 1, league, CL leg 2)

paloschi netted a hat trick in all 4 matches

Brilliant! Anyone got a hero player? Mine was and probably will always be Van Nistelrooy, got him on for like 2million off Real Madrid on FM08 or 07 for a villa save. The side was a top ten team but I made 3rd thanks to his out frigging standing 36 league goals. Awesome player.

Heroes people!

Brilliant! Anyone got a hero player? Mine was and probably will always be Van Nistelrooy, got him on for like 2million off Real Madrid on FM08 or 07 for a villa save. The side was a top ten team but I made 3rd thanks to his out frigging standing 36 league goals. Awesome player.

Heroes people!

by hero, i assume you mean something like a one-man team?

probably michele paolucci for siena. he was truly a one-man team, leading in goals and MOTM's. i never had any other FM save where one player was completely dominant over the others. i didn't buy paolucci though. he was in siena's FM11 default squad. i even rejected a €54m bid for him from man city

1manteam.jpg

Sergio Aguero was unbelievable for me on a City save I had. over 40 league goals each season for 3 years. Also have to mention Sergio Floccari at Parma. Scored probably 70% of my goals over 2 seasons in Serie A.

since 08 to 12 and just going off my man united saves my team would have to be

akinfeev

rafeal zapata vidic fabio

valencia sissoko guardado

dzeko rooney aguero

guardado was only good on 09 or 10 but he was a tank on it, a lot of people said fabio and rafeal are crap but always did amazing for me and for the right wing it was always valencia and a regen and no matter how good the regen was valencia used to keep them out the team

my favourite played all time is a guy named troy deeney (he plays for watford now i think) When i was playing fm 08 he was at wallsall and i just abused the fact he was quicker than everyone else and keep hitting long balls (I kinda knew i wasn't going to score goals if my highlights went for longer than about 10 seconds)

K.Schmeichel The lad has been a legend in the series for some time now..

Darijo Srna Quite how he hasn't been persuaded to join the big european leagues thus far is beyond me.

Leandro Gioda Is there anyone who hasn't bought this legendary CB? and if so, where have you been the last 3 FM's in the series?

Kompany Bought this guy almost every game i ever played (alongside his compatriot vanden borre also) ... glad to see he's proving to be one of the best in the world irl too

Joe Mattock Loved this kid.. always first choice for a young LB to develop

Cherno Samba If you didn't idolize this lad.. you weren't a fan of the game...

Mark Kerr Ruled the Midfield of any team you bought him for like a boss, be in Man utd or Luton.

Fredy William Was a tossup between this Fredy or the other (adu) .. but Thompson just pips it... buy him for 100k .. sell for 100 million

Thompson

Gareth Bale Superb... particularly in fm12 but has been for some time now

Leandro Damiao Best Striker bar none in this version imo ....

John Fleck Always been legendary

honourable mention goes to :

nicolas millan

sherman cardenas

sakho

and i leave you with the best player ive ever managed:

thompson.gif

Only been playing since FM09, but mine would probably go:

GK: Alex Smithies (FM11, Porto) Model of consistency, kept goal for three back-to-back CL winning seasons with the Portuguese giants.

RB: Romário (FM11, Blackburn) Still good in FM12, but could be picked up for absolute peanuts in 11, think it was about £250k or something. Top talent given a few years.

CB: Phil Jones (FM11, Blackburn) The base of a very enjoyable Blackburn save. Nailed-on starter as a teenager, doesn't get better than that.

CB: Raphaël Varane (FM11, Porto) An unbelievably solid defender after a few developmental seasons, one of the few Ballon d'Or nominated central defenders I've had (non-newgen).

LB: Šime Vrsaljko (FM11, Blackburn) Slightly out of position, but just goes to show his immense versatility and ability to play solidly in several defensive positions. Even if not a starter, he's a tremendous squad player.

DM: Lorenzo Crisetig (FM12, Pro Vercelli) My absolute favourite FM player since he burst onto the (FM) scene a few versions ago. Even made me, a life-long Milanista, cheer when he came on for Inter for his Champions League debut last season IRL. Model pro, Italy captain, amore mio.

DM: João Moutinho (FM11, Porto) Superb deep-lying playmaker for the aforementioned Porto, as well as an excellent tutor and example.

AMR: Antoine Griezmann (FM12, Pro Vercelli) Ballon d'Or, World Cup winner, captain of my Pro Vercelli team and one of the few outfield players I've kept playing well into his 30s.

AMC: Andrea Bertolacci (FM12, Pro Vercelli) Solid performer and very versatile, having deployed him both as an inside forward, trequartista and a deep-lying playmaker.

AML: Iker Muniain (FM11, Athletic Bilbao) Part of a triple of super-talented Basques in the current Bilbao side along with Llorente and Martínez, Muniain is the most versatile (although Martínez makes for an excellent ball-playing central defender come to think of it) and, at his best, most unplayable. Great inside forward who can create and score in equal measure.

ST: Hervin Ongenda (FM12, Pro Vercelli) Hardest spot to decide on, as I have had some prolific speedy finishers up front over the years (Paloschi, Juanmi, Gianni Bruno, Bakambu etc.) but Ongenda has without question been the best, guaranteed well over a goal per game if nurtured and pushed to it.

Just missed the cut: Zargo Touré, Diego Polenta, Alberto Paloschi, Stevan Jovetić, Hulk, Javier Pastore, João Moutinho, Javier Martínez, Marco Verratti and probably a few others.

K.Schmeichel The lad has been a legend in the series for some time now..

Darijo Srna Quite how he hasn't been persuaded to join the big european leagues thus far is beyond me.

Leandro Gioda Is there anyone who hasn't bought this legendary CB? and if so, where have you been the last 3 FM's in the series?

Kompany Bought this guy almost every game i ever played (alongside his compatriot vanden borre also) ... glad to see he's proving to be one of the best in the world irl too

Joe Mattock Loved this kid.. always first choice for a young LB to develop

Cherno Samba If you didn't idolize this lad.. you weren't a fan of the game...

Mark Kerr Ruled the Midfield of any team you bought him for like a boss, be in Man utd or Luton.

Fredy William Was a tossup between this Fredy or the other (adu) .. but Thompson just pips it... buy him for 100k .. sell for 100 million

Thompson

Gareth Bale Superb... particularly in fm12 but has been for some time now

Leandro Damiao Best Striker bar none in this version imo ....

John Fleck Always been legendary

honourable mention goes to :

nicolas millan

sherman cardenas

sakho

and i leave you with the best player ive ever managed:

thompson.gif

Who was the guy at Charlton?!

Only been playing since FM09, but mine would probably go:

GK: Alex Smithies (FM11, Porto) Model of consistency, kept goal for three back-to-back CL winning seasons with the Portuguese giants.

RB: Romário (FM11, Blackburn) Still good in FM12, but could be picked up for absolute peanuts in 11, think it was about £250k or something. Top talent given a few years.

CB: Phil Jones (FM11, Blackburn) The base of a very enjoyable Blackburn save. Nailed-on starter as a teenager, doesn't get better than that.

CB: Raphaël Varane (FM11, Porto) An unbelievably solid defender after a few developmental seasons, one of the few Ballon d'Or nominated central defenders I've had (non-newgen).

LB: Šime Vrsaljko (FM11, Blackburn) Slightly out of position, but just goes to show his immense versatility and ability to play solidly in several defensive positions. Even if not a starter, he's a tremendous squad player.

DM: Lorenzo Crisetig (FM12, Pro Vercelli) My absolute favourite FM player since he burst onto the (FM) scene a few versions ago. Even made me, a life-long Milanista, cheer when he came on for Inter for his Champions League debut last season IRL. Model pro, Italy captain, amore mio.

DM: João Moutinho (FM11, Porto) Superb deep-lying playmaker for the aforementioned Porto, as well as an excellent tutor and example.

AMR: Antoine Griezmann (FM12, Pro Vercelli) Ballon d'Or, World Cup winner, captain of my Pro Vercelli team and one of the few outfield players I've kept playing well into his 30s.

AMC: Andrea Bertolacci (FM12, Pro Vercelli) Solid performer and very versatile, having deployed him both as an inside forward, trequartista and a deep-lying playmaker.

AML: Iker Muniain (FM11, Athletic Bilbao) Part of a triple of super-talented Basques in the current Bilbao side along with Llorente and Martínez, Muniain is the most versatile (although Martínez makes for an excellent ball-playing central defender come to think of it) and, at his best, most unplayable. Great inside forward who can create and score in equal measure.

ST: Hervin Ongenda (FM12, Pro Vercelli) Hardest spot to decide on, as I have had some prolific speedy finishers up front over the years (Paloschi, Juanmi, Gianni Bruno, Bakambu etc.) but Ongenda has without question been the best, guaranteed well over a goal per game if nurtured and pushed to it.

Just missed the cut: Zargo Touré, Diego Polenta, Alberto Paloschi, Stevan Jovetić, Hulk, Javier Pastore, João Moutinho, Javier Martínez, Marco Verratti and probably a few others.

Yeah Cristiegs one of my favouries too. I think it was 10 or 11 I got him after a scout for my villa team said his potential was good. World class, captain, 30 games a season by 25. Brilliant player indeed!

GK: Tim Krul - immense for me in FM 11, had some unbelievable saves and never made a single silly mistake (unlike Velthuizen at Vitesse, but he was great too).

RB: Mattias Johansson - fantastic Swedish talent in FM 2012 pre-January transfer update, available for a very low fee, very good at the start and even better as the time goes on, he was the best RB in Eredivisie in my Vitesse save (yeah, better than van der Wiel whom I managed in FM 11 on Newcastle save).

CB: Nelson Rivas - you know the deal surely. Such a great defender available for free, a physical beast who lets no one beat him. Playing a high defensive line never was so easy!

CB: Siyanda Xulu - the great unknown from South Africa, another bargain from Sundowns. He wasn't the best when he arrived to my Vitesse side, but he developed into my leading defender, scored some important goals too.

LB: Jose Enrique - one of the best LBs in FM 11, having him at Newcastle was a pleasure. Ridiculously fast and some great early crosses too.

MC: Adam Vass - not surprising I guess, cheaper and younger than the mighty Nick Montgomery, he's a rock in midfield. Had some great moments in offensive too, scored a few nice goals. Beast.

MC: Sejad Salihović - not the cheapest buy, but a 35-yard free kick to make it 1:0 for Newcastle at Old Trafford was worth every single penny (the match ended 5:4 for me and what a game it was!). He's my first buy whenever I can afford him and my favourite player ever.

MC: Simon Vukcević - FM 10, Sporting save and... yeah, the corner bug. You couldn't find a better player to make a good use of it. Simon was fantastic in the open play too though, shame he's not as good in real life.

AMC: Gylfi Sigurdsson - 7:1 against Benfica at Estadio da Luz and guess who scored the opener just two minutes in. 20-yard half-volley into the top corner. I had a terrible run with Vitesse at the end of 2012, scored just three goals and got four points from five games. Then I see this beast available for just 3 milion pounds. He single-handedly turned the season around and defended us the champions trophy.

ST: Liedson - FM 10 again, Sporting again. Converted every single chance into a goal, I was amazed how good can a striker be in this game (especially when watching Postiga wasting shot after shot). Shame he lost it after two years and I had to sell him.

ST: Willian - immense as a winger, immense as an inside forward and, guess what, immense as a poacher. Scoring and assisting, the man who wins games for every team he plays at. He's even better than Neymar.

There wasn't enough space for other great players, like Shaqiri, Simon Poulsen, Nick Hofs and Milan Lalkovic.

Archived